You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKOPS - The Final Countdown

edited November 2013 in Poker Chat

What an 8 days that was!

Guarantees totalled £250,000, & Prize Pools came to a whopping £344,000 - over a third of a million!

33 Events, & every one beat the Guarantee, though one or two cut it a bit fine.

The High Roller made £27,000, & last night's Main made £48,000.

Last night's Mini had 911 runners. 911!

Quick shout-out to the Producers & Gallery Team on Ch 861. They produced Shows 8 nights in a row, these are tough gigs, lasting 13 hours, & that is before they do their Admin & reports. The Shows were different, too, with a bit of added oomph & zing, the Sky Calls, Guests most nights.

As far as I could see, & despite relatively large numbers of players on site every night, the site software was stable & robust. 

The Satellite structures caused a few headaches, so many Events, 8 nights running, but bar a few minor glitches, the system seemed to be popular, & worked well. No doubt, in my mind, that the huge field sizes & Prize Pools was primarily a function of those Satellites. Must have been a right headache for the lads in Head Office.    

Good stuff all round, from players, 861, & the Staff in Leeds.

Here's to UKOPS 9, which will be in........

Comments

• edited November 2013
    In Response to UKOPS - The Final Countdown:
    Quick shout-out to the Producers & Gallery Team on Ch 861. They produced Shows 8 nights in a row, these are tough gigs, lasting 13 hours, & that is before they do their Admin & reports.
    Posted by Tikay10
    The only person you missed out here was yourself! You did a great job providing updates on the forum and I think I speak for every player of the Sky Poker community when I say we're all very grateful for your input and hard work. Cheers ... teacake ;-)
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: UKOPS - The Final Countdown:
    In Response to UKOPS - The Final Countdown : The only person you missed out here was yourself! You did a great job providing updates on the forum and I think I speak for every player of the Sky Poker community when I say we're all very grateful for your input and hard work. Cheers ... teacake ;-)
    Posted by peter27
    Thanks Peter.

You were doing so well until "teacake"........

I LOVE these Fessies & things, they still give me a proper buzz, hence all the Forum blather. I was not asked to do it by upstairs, I just feel the excitement, & like to spread the vibes.  
  • edited November 2013
    Yes, good job! There was a fair bit of grumbling (some warranted) during the last UKOPS, but this one seemed to be a huge success. Thought the shows were given that added 'zing' by having presenters/analysts in the tournaments and their hands featured plus updates on calls (although turn your PC speakers off next time Tikay, I kept thinking it was my turn to act despite not having the alert sounds on myself!).

No doubt having a show to accompany each night helped, no doubt it being half term in a lot of places helped,... and there was much chat about those shiny bracelets too!

I played bigger than I normally would, and thoroughly enjoyed it.
  • edited November 2013
    I didn't play any UKOPS but still enjoyed it! The shows were terrific (still working my way through the backlog of recordings). Thanks to all the humans involved in putting on the show.

• edited November 2013
    Was there talk of a UKOPS freeroll for peeps that played in 3 or more main events?
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: UKOPS - The Final Countdown:
    Was there talk of a UKOPS freeroll for peeps that played in 3 or more main events?
    Posted by Eyeman

The UKOPS After Party will take place on 5th November 2013 with both £2,500 freerolls starting at 7pm and lasting just 60 minutes. The chips you hold at the end of the tournament will be converted into cash!

£2,500 Main Freeroll After Party - 7pm Tuesday 5th November

£2,500 Mini Freeroll After Party - 7pm Tuesday 5th November

• edited November 2013
    Great festival. Just hope to play and run better in the next one.

Main Event appeared to attract some excellent British players last night.