You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

whats the rule?

edited November 2013 in Poker Chat
i recently got barred from a hotel where me and a few mates got invited to play a tournament. it was a very plush hotel, the structure was great( 15000 stack with 30 minute clock) and we were all made very welcome. as the final table was drawing for seat allocation and i got seat 4, a guy told me to get up as it was his " lucky" chair. the dealer also told me to get up and swap seats. i refused, the guy insulted me , a punch was thrown and i got barred. i understand that the landlords hands were tied, fair enough but from a tournament point of view, was i wrong? do you have to move because of "lucky" chairs? ps... i hadnt been drinking and the tournament official was a wet blanket.

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Seat draws are a seat draw, end of story. The punch throwing i disagree with but you've drawn seat 4, seat 4 is where you shall sit. 

• edited November 2013
    Its your chair you drew it. Are we talking about the physical object of the chair or the position at the table btw? I think if he started insulting me i would make a deal of it and try and get the guy kicked from the tourny himself.

No need to go punching people really if you are that far under his skin he will play terrible and you wins :) don't let him tilt you to
  • edited November 2013
    well done mr, if hes going to start insulting you over a seat you are well with in your rights to take him outside on the carpark and give him a good hiding, best not doing it inside though or you are only going to be asked to leave. 
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: whats the rule?:
    Its your chair you drew it. Are we talking about the physical object of the chair or the position at the table btw? I think if he started insulting me i would make a deal of it and try and get the guy kicked from the tourny himself. No need to go punching people really if you are that far under his skin he will play terrible and you wins :) don't let him tilt you to
    Posted by jams88
    it was the table position and not the actual chair itself
  • edited November 2013
    This is also a good advertisement as to why you should play in a licenced venue
  • edited November 2013
    well done mr, if hes going to start insulting you over a seat you are well with in your rights to take him outside on the carpark and give him a good hiding, best not doing it inside though or you are only going to be asked to leave. 
    Posted by THEROCK573
    but violence solves nowt m8 it just escalates the problem,shoulda sorted it like adults should
    EDIT:if you wanna be aggressive do it on the felt
  • edited November 2013
    Posted by THEROCK573
    take him outside and give him a hiding +1 smart man
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to whats the rule?:
    i recently got barred from a hotel where me and a few mates got invited to play a tournament. it was a very plush hotel, the structure was great( 15000 stack with 30 minute clock) and we were all made very welcome. as the final table was drawing for seat allocation and i got seat 4, a guy told me to get up as it was his " lucky" chair. the dealer also told me to get up and swap seats. i refused, the guy insulted me , a punch was thrown and i got barred. i understand that the landlords hands were tied, fair enough but from a tournament point of view, was i wrong? do you have to move because of "lucky" chairs? ps... i hadnt been drinking and the tournament official was a wet blanket.
    Posted by robertod
    Nobody has any right to a seating position at a poker table other than as dictated by the Table & Seat Draw. These Rules, however, don't exist, & can't be reasonably applied, in unlicensed poker venue, as it appears this one is.

Equally, nobody has any right to start hitting people, it's pretty barbaric & un-necessary over such a trivial issue. 

The guy who threw the punch is equally at fault as Mr MySeat, & both should be warned, censored &/or barred.

Makes no sense, he was in the wrong, but Mr Punch Thrower descended to his level, & instead of emerging the victor, got disqualified.  

"...you leave town tonight, right now. And when you're gone, you stay gone, or you be gone. You lost all your L.A. privileges.