You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

***Intermittent Windows 8/Mac Issues Updating/Downloading The Download Client*** 5th November 2013

edited November 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi Everyone,

We've had a few reports this morning of some customers using Windows 8 that are having problems updating the download client 

We are looking at this right now and we will update you all on here as soon as possible, 

If any Windows 8 users are (or are not) being affected then we would really appreciate if you could let us know to help our investigation

Kind Regards

Adam

EDIT - We have identified an (unrelated) existing issue with the Adobe AIR Updater on Mac OS X, which can cause the Sky Poker download client to drop out after updating. Here's what you can do to fix that if you are a Mac user having problems updating, Chris has posted this further down but i've repeated it here for you all

***Mac User Only Update Issues***

Option A - Update Adobe AIR to Beta version (where Adobe have fixed the problem)

• Download Adobe AIR 3.9 for Mac OS X from Adobe Labs by clicking here
 • Open the Sky Poker download client, which will update as normal

Option B - Uninstall and reinstall the Sky Poker download client

• Uninstall SkyPoker by moving it from the Applications folder to the Trash
 • Download and install the latest version of the download client by clicking here
  You'd need to do this each time Sky release an update until Adobe releases their fix

I hope this resolves your issue. If you have any further problems, please let us know.

Comments

• edited November 2013
    I've just upgraded the download client (and AIR) with a Windows 8 OS and it has worked fine.

I virtually never use the download so I was probably several updates behind
  • edited November 2013
    I use Windows 8 and I just tried to download the client.

Unfortunately I get this message by AIR: Sorry, an error occured. The application could not be installed. Try installing it again. If the problem persists contact the application author. Error # 2032

I tried a couple of times but nothing changed.
  • edited November 2013
    hi Both,

Thank you for you help here - we still arent sure why it's only affecting some users - we're continuing to investigate

Greekway: If you have some time, would you mind uninstalling the Sky Poker Download and re-downloading from the website (just click the download icon at the top of every sky poker page) to see if this resolves it for you?

Also please can you confirm whether you are tyring to update the Sky poker download by simply launching it from your desktop icon, rather than downloading the updated version from the website?

If either of you are able to advise exactly what version of adobe AIR you are currently running that would also be every useful

You can get the version number by going through the desktop version of Windows 8

Control Panel -> programs -> Programs and Features

The version of Adobe Air will be on the right next to the program.

Thanks in advance for your help 

Adam
  • edited November 2013
    Hi Adam,

I didn't have the client in my system.

I was on my new laptop and I was trying to download it for the first time.

I got the message I posted earlier by using the download button which is on the right of the skypoker logo on the main page.

Regarding the AIR version I will have to post it later as I am out now.

Thanks,
    George

• edited November 2013
    Yer  same problems for me   message days the AiR installer is damaged, as I try and launch from the download
  • edited November 2013
    I have uninsalled  and tried re installing  but no joy.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: ***Windows 8 - Issues Updating The Download Client*** 5th November 2013:
    Hi Adam, I didn't have the client in my system. I was on my new laptop and I was trying to download it for the first time. I got the message I posted earlier by using the download button which is on the right of the skypoker logo on the main page. Regarding the AIR version I will have to post it later as I am out now. Thanks, George
    Posted by GreekWay
    Thanks Greekway - that's useful feedback,

A question from our technical team is to double check that the system clock and date is correct please as this could cause an issue with installation

we'll update you once we have more info.

Adam
  • edited November 2013
    will not load on my mac today, just drops out
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: ***Windows 8 - Issues Updating The Download Client*** 5th November 2013:
    will not load on my mac today, just drops out
    Posted by memfno
    Hi memfno,

We have identified an existing issue with the Adobe AIR Updater on Mac OS X, which causes the Sky Poker download client to drop out as you have seen. Here's what you can do to fix it:

Option A - Update Adobe AIR to Beta version (where Adobe have fixed the problem)

• Download Adobe AIR 3.9 for Mac OS X from Adobe Labs by clicking here
     • Open the Sky Poker download client, which will update as normal

Option B - Uninstall and reinstall the Sky Poker download client

• Uninstall SkyPoker by moving it from the Applications folder to the Trash
     • Download and install the latest version of the download client by clicking here
      You'd need to do this each time Sky release an update until Adobe releases their fix

I hope this resolves your issue. If you have any further problems, please let us know.

Best wishes,

Chris
    Sky Poker Development Team
  • edited November 2013
    I have uninsalled  and tried re installing  but no joy.
    Posted by REDARROW61
    Hi Red Arrow,

In order to help us investigate, please could you provide us with the following information, if you need some help gathering it then please ask

Is it a PC or Laptop
    The Make/Model
    When was it purchased?
    Your Windows 8 version (this can be found in Control Panel -> System -> System and Security)
    Your Adobe Air Version (this can be found in Control Panel -> programs-> Programs & Features)

Thanks in advance for your help

Kind Regards

Adam
  • edited November 2013
    Im on windows 8.1 just downloaded the update and it initialised ok for me 5 mins ago.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: ***Windows 8 - Issues Updating The Download Client*** 5th November 2013 : Hi Red Arrow, In order to help us investigate, please could you provide us with the following information, if you need some help gathering it then please ask Is it a PC or Laptop The Make/Model When was it purchased? Your Windows 8 version (this can be found in Control Panel - /> System -> System and Security) Your Adobe Air Version (this can be found in Control Panel -> programs-> Programs & Features) Thanks in advance for your help Kind Regards Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam
    Laptop   Dell n5050   bought 6 months ago

Abode Air Version 11

Im on Windows 7 home premium.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: ***Windows 8 - Issues Updating The Download Client*** 5th November 2013 : Thanks Greekway - that's useful feedback, A question from our technical team is to double check that the system clock and date is correct please as this could cause an issue with installation we'll update you once we have more info. Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam
    Hi Adam,

My Adobe AIR version is 3.8.0.1430.

System clock and date are correct.

Hope that helps.

George

• edited November 2013
    I have updated my laptop with Windows 8.1 and the problem has been solved.
  • edited November 2013
    Thanks for letting us know Greekway and its good to hear that your problem is now resolved.

We've been monitoring this overnight and we aren't seeing any real volume of complaints from customers, therefore we don't see this as a widespread issue.

I'm going to de-sticky this thread for now

Red Arrow: The issue initially reported and investigated was affecting Windows 8 users, so i'll arrange for someone from our customer care team to get in touch with you and provide assistance, as this sounds like a different issue.

Best Wishes

Adam