You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

another sticky situation

edited November 2013 in The Poker Clinic
superman16Small blind 30.0030.003726.25
YouplonkerBig blind 60.0090.009127.50
 Your hole cards
  • A

rawhandFold    
tiamac58Fold    
piximouFold    
golds95Raise 120.00210.006045.00
superman16Raise 150.00360.003576.25
YouplonkerFold    
golds95Call 60.00420.005985.00
Flop

• Q

superman16Check    
golds95Bet 120.00540.005865.00
superman16Raise 780.001320.002796.25
golds95Call 660.001980.005205.00
Turn

• Q

superman16Bet 1980.003960.00816.25

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Sorry guys gonna be posting in here quite a lot when its probably trivial situations which you can answer in 2 seconds but should i be folding here even when i see the villian as weak and bluffing more than he should most of the time?
  • edited November 2013
    if you have called the flop thinking A10 is good then it obviously makes the turn an easy decision for you surely
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: another sticky situation:
    if you have called the flop thinking A10 is good then it obviously makes the turn an easy decision for you surely
    Posted by THEROCK573
    true but it confused me as i thought why is he betting like that if he doesnt have a queen
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: another sticky situation : true but it confused me as i thought why is he betting like that if he doesnt have a queen
    Posted by golds95
    problem for you is, the turns going to bring a ton of cards he will barrel so by calling you have to have an idea where you are really in the hand, i couldnt possibly answer because i have no reads on this guy but the queen is actually a decent card for you so id go with the hand if called on the flop and stick it in.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: another sticky situation : problem for you is, the turns going to bring a ton of cards he will barrel so by calling you have to have an idea where you are really in the hand, i couldnt possibly answer because i have no reads on this guy but the queen is actually a decent card for you so id go with the hand if called on the flop and stick it in.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    yeah cheers i guess i should trust my notes cos i had him down as a bit reckless and barrals a lot so raised him to preety much all in and he turns over 2's but i cant do this every time if i dont have the read right?
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: another sticky situation : yeah cheers i guess i should trust my notes cos i had him down as a bit reckless and barrals a lot so raised him to preety much all in and he turns over 2's but i cant do this every time if i dont have the read right?
    Posted by golds95
    if you dont have a read, trust you're gut, it very rarely lies :-)
  • ybyb
    edited November 2013
    your name makes me feel old lol

any reads? readless i'm cbetting bigger on the flop and folding to the raise. cbet bigger anyway
  • edited November 2013
    Yeah if I call the raise on the flop thinking villain is on a draw I definitely call the turn bet.  The Q is actually a good card for you as now its less likely he has a Q.  I probably just stick the rest of my stack in on the turn expecting a lot of spade hands and straight draws if your reads are correct.  I mean you wouldnt imagine he'd be betting full pot here with a Q would you?

• edited November 2013
    think its a easy fold on the flop your kinda guessing where u are  u get 3 bet pre then a massive raise on the flop 2nd pair top kicker i just dnt think is good here 
  • edited November 2013
    your name makes me feel old lol any reads? readless i'm cbetting bigger on the flop and folding to the raise. cbet bigger anyway
    Posted by yb
    yes I had a read in thevillian he was raising and reraising a lot with small pocket pairs so wasnt scared of the queen at all only if he conected but he made the same play previously with player lets say c laying down and him showing 3's. also seemed like he was reraising bets to much to have the nuts every time making the same play on each flop. As for the age thing look at it as experience as ive only had a few months playing donking off cash