You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Maiden Omaha victory

edited December 2009 in Sky Poker Tournaments
Bit of a boast this, so apologies - but just like to say congrats to rossjb14, tikay, deany00, hags77777 & mab1972 - one of the most enjoyable final tables (not that I reach many!) that I've played on IN THE 8.15 Omaha. I shall certainly be trying to play more and more omaha. Really good fun!  

Comments

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Maiden Omaha victory:
    Bit of a boast this, so apologies - but just like to say congrats to rossjb14, tikay, deany00, hags77777 & mab1972 - one of the most enjoyable final tables (not that I reach many!) that I've played on IN THE 8.15 Omaha. I shall certainly be trying to play more and more omaha. Really good fun!  
    Posted by darich
    Congratulations to Darich, played a blinder.  Like Darich just started playing Omaha yesterday in a couple of freerolls and small cash.  I really liked the game and when I saw the small field for £500 tourny I thought, why not?

Chuffed to finished 2nd, no doubt I got lucky but Omaha is an excellent addition to Sky Poker.

Congrats to all that cashed and unlucky to Ed 'The Mentor' Giddins.
  • edited December 2009

Well done both of you, & yes, a lovely atmo on the Final Table.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Maiden Omaha victory:
    In Response to Maiden Omaha victory : Congratulations to Darich, played a blinder.  Like Darich just started playing Omaha yesterday in a couple of freerolls and small cash.  I really liked the game and when I saw the small field for £500 tourny I thought, why not? Chuffed to finished 2nd, no doubt I got lucky but Omaha is an excellent addition to Sky Poker. Congrats to all that cashed and unlucky to Ed 'The Mentor' Giddins.
    Posted by rossjb14
    Cheers Ross. Lots of value in these tournaments, and I shall try and play a few more. I hope they last, but think they will need to start getting closer to their guarantee to be able to?!

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Maiden Omaha victory:
    Well done both of you, & yes, a lovely atmo on the Final Table.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thank you captain! ;-)
  • edited December 2009
    Congrats to all u final tablists - esp the forum regulars!

I'm gonna have to try and play some Omaha and get in with this fun.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Maiden Omaha victory:
    Posted by darich

Well done Darich, and all

I wonder why holdem is more popular than Omaha now! Omaha seems the biz!
  • edited December 2009

Thanks Phil & Greg - agree re Omaha - maybe it's because it's still fairly new to me which is part of the appeal