You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Rake on Bounty Hunters

edited November 2013 in Poker Chat

The £5 BH @ 10:15 this morning had 75p rake (15%)

The £3 BH @ 10:45 this morning had 30p rake (10%)

Why? If anything, rake generally decreases as the BI level increases.

It's great that Sky have been sorting out some (imo) problems with rake charged... like the BHs which are minis only charging 10% rake like every other MTT, rebuys/addons not charging rake during UKOPS (really hope this stays across all rebuys!) so it's probably just a few games that have been overlooked.

Comments

• edited November 2013
    I deliberately try to avoid 15% raked bhs for that very reason. If the mini bh events have only 10% which I will play so should the rest IMO. The £2.30 bhs would also probably see increased traffic if they were £2.20 just my opinion.
  • edited November 2013
    This is about the tenth time I've seen an OP pointing that out.

Can't see it changing any time soon while the punters are all still happily paying 15%. As a regular in these I'd be delighted to see a reduction of course, however these games are so soft they're still worth paying 15% to enter.

In my diary I often describe the £3.30 Bounty Hunters as my favourite games. The 10% rake is a big factor in that opinion.

BTW on many other sites the bounty element isn't raked.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Rake on Bounty Hunters:
    The £5 BH @ 10:15 this morning had 75p rake (15%) The £3 BH @ 10:45 this morning had 30p rake (10%) Why? If anything, rake generally decreases as the BI level increases. It's great that Sky have been sorting out some (imo) problems with rake charged... like the BHs which are minis only charging 10% rake like every other MTT, rebuys/addons not charging rake during UKOPS (really hope this stays across all rebuys!) so it's probably just a few games that have been overlooked.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Don't hold your breath ;)
  • edited November 2013

Yeah, I wouldn't be saying to lower the rake if it was a case of Sky just saying 'well we wanna charge 15% on BHs', I wouldn't like it but that's up to them. The query is around the discrepancy... there doesn't seem to be 1 good reason why a £3 charges 10% and a £5 charges 15%.

As I said, if anything, the rake % usually reduces as the BI increases not the other way round.

• edited November 2013
    I also spotted this and didnt understand itI also rarely play the 5.75 BH's because of the rake... I wonder if the rake was reduced if SKY would make the same in the long as im sure numbers would increase. i suppose not by 50% though :( 

Its annoying because I'm looking to increase my volume... I already play all the £10+ tourneys, but im not going to make the £5.75 BHs part of my schedule while the rake is so high. will probably just end up playing on another site instead.

would SKY be tempted to lower the rake as a trial, to see if/how much volume increased?
  • edited November 2013
    this kills my win rate.