You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ukpc semi

edited November 2013 in Poker Chat
How can this be.  Playing the semi tonight, down to hand for hand.  I was on the table of five and on the other table someone went all in and lost.  So i was confident i at least had the money.  Because i let the timer run down i saw this action before i acted, so their action was over before i shoved all in.  I lost and was confident i at least has 8th £96 and the rest was seats.  However, it came up i was ninth.  How can this happen when the other action had already been completed.
Had this been live there would be no question i would have got the money.  I believe sky owe me £96.

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Think if you had the shorter stack the hands are classed as the same time... and the shorter stack goes out first.
  • edited November 2013
    You made a boo boo
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to ukpc semi:
    How can this be.  Playing the semi tonight, down to hand for hand.  I was on the table of five and on the other table someone went all in and lost.  So i was confident i at least had the money.  Because i let the timer run down i saw this action before i acted, so their action was over before i shoved all in.  I lost and was confident i at least has 8th £96 and the rest was seats.  However, it came up i was ninth.  How can this happen when the other action had already been completed. Had this been live there would be no question i would have got the money.  I believe sky owe me £96.
    Posted by karlluke
    Hi, if it's hand for hand play then it's not done until both tables have played their hands, even if theirs plays out before yours it's only when you have completed the hand that it's over. If the person that was eliminated on the other table had more chips than you then they would be 8th and you 9th. If you'd have folded that hand then shoved on the next hand you'd have been ok. Could be wrong but that's how I think it works
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: ukpc semi:
    Think if you had the shorter stack the hands are classed as the same time... and the shorter stack goes out first.
    Posted by gazza127

that would make a mockery of watching the other table.  In a live game this would not happen.  Once the action was completed on the other table only eight were left.  Dont you think i would have folded if this was the case,
  • edited November 2013

Hi Tina.

If it was H4H (Hand for Hand) at the time, it is irrelevant whether you waited for the other Table to act. H4H overcomes the problem of "stalling" (not that I suggest you were), all hands are deemed to play out simultaneously. Running down the clock would be (literally....) a waste of time.

Sky Poker did not always have H4H, & many people, rightfully imo, complained that was unfair. The problem is solved now, but situations like this one are a function of H4H.

Hope I have not misunderstood the position, but as explained, I believe you genuinely bubbled.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

It works exactly the same in "Live" Poker, although of course not all Live Venues use identical rules. Can't recall ever playing Live where H4H was not in force, though.
  • edited November 2013
    Hi Tina. If it was H4H (Hand for Hand) at the time, it is irrelevant whether you waited for the other Table to act. H4H overcomes the problem of "stalling" (not that I suggest you were), all hands are deemed to play out simultaneously. Sky Poker did not always have H4H, & many people, rightfully imo, complained that was unfair. The problem is solved now, but situations like this one are a function of H4H. Hope I have not misunderstood the position, but as explained, I believe you genuinely bubbled. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks tikay  still not happy
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: ukpc semi : that would make a mockery of watching the other table.  In a live game this would not happen.  Once the action was completed on the other table only eight were left.  Dont you think i would have folded if this was the case,
    Posted by karlluke
    When H4H, there is no point watching the other table, it makes no difference I'm afraid.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: ukpc semi : Thanks tikay  still not happy
    Posted by karlluke
    Yes, I understand your disappointment, we've all been in that spot, but on this occasion, "as explained", Sky Poker have not acted in any way improperly, it is an automatic & correct software function.

FWIW, going back 10 years or more, when I played Live Poker full time, my nickname was "Bubble Boy", as I bubbled so regularly, so I do know how much it hurts.
  • edited November 2013
    In a live situation wouldnt the £96 be split between the 2 bubble people?

• edited November 2013
    If you are playing H4H live, the largest stack takes the higher finishing position 
  • edited November 2013
    In a live situation wouldnt the £96 be split between the 2 bubble people?
    Posted by The_Don90
    It varies from venue to venue, tour to tour and festival to festival (such is poker).

But the most commonly applied system is the one you're hinting at...

If there are two eliminations at the same table, the smaller stack is considered the "bubble boy," while, if the eliminations happen at different tables, the min cash is split between the two players.

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: ukpc semi : It varies from venue to venue, tour to tour and festival to festival (such is poker). But the most commonly applied system is the one you're hinting at... If there are two eliminations at the same table, the smaller stack is considered the "bubble boy," while,  if the eliminations happen at different tables, the min cash is split between the two players.
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    makes sense thanks for clearing that up James.
  • edited November 2013
    thanks for clearing that all up I think it hurts more when i bubble twice in one night.