You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Puzzle - 'Su-pok-u'

edited November 2013 in Poker Chat
Eurghh, was hoping that would come out with nice formatting but not to be.  If you can work out where they're supposed to be, you're welcome to have a go!

EDIT - marginally better. Have fun.

Comments

• edited November 2013
    A friend of mine showed me a puzzle in his magazine (Geek Weekly or something I think it was..).  It was a poker take on the popular Sudoku puzzle.  This one isn't particularly difficult, like any simple Suduko once you've deduced one or two of the 'musts' the rest flows out quite nicely.

Anyway, thought I'd share it as I quite enjoyed cracking it, it being something new and all that.

Draw it out on paper, grab a deck or whatever - no need to post on here how to solve it, just have a go if you fancy it.

Below is the grid.  At the end of each row/column is a hand ranking that must be fulfilled by you filling in the remaining cards. R.F = Royal Flush, S.F = Straight Flush, F.H = Full House, 2P = 2 Pair, 1P = 1 Pair, K = King high.

The cards you have to place are as follows:

In Hearts:  8, 9, 10, J, Q, K

In Diamonds:  J, Q, K, A
    In Clubs:  6, 8, 9, 10, Q, K
    In Spades:  7, 10, K

Jc As 2P
                F.H
      10d       Qs F.H
                2P
          7c   Js 1P
      R.F S.F S.F  K R.F  

• edited November 2013
    dam this is hard. Must have started it 3 times. Rekon im close but Just cant finnsih :( 
  • edited November 2013
    meh down to one but cant work out where ive made a mistake :( 
  • edited November 2013

NIce one. Lead to a lovely little distraction. Feel free to post more of the same
  • edited November 2013
    boom!!! got it!!!

lol that was torturing me!!!!

Very good though!
  • edited November 2013
    I did it but had to get playing cards out to complete it lol