You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Deepstack main?

edited November 2013 in Poker Chat
Would be nice to see a deepstack main event once a week/month perhaps! Or a higher buy in deepstack (£50?) put on every week in the evening time. Perhaps in the 7.30 slot on one night replacing the current £22 deepstack for that night.

Comments

• edited November 2013
    The £55 Primo (granted not that deep)

The monthly £110 Roller
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Deepstack main?:
    The £55 Primo (granted not that deep) The monthly £110 Roller
    Posted by Lambert180
    ya roller's good, probably just about afford it now at last. Still somewhere in between that of a £55 one perhaps to replace the half 7 deepy on one night.
  • edited November 2013
    It would be nice, however the Wednesday main event used to be the 'Doublestack'. It was never very popular and always attracted the smallest main event field of the week. Frequent overlay led to guarantee reductions, which in turn led to even smaller fields, a vicious circle. In February of this year it was killed-off and replaced by the Rebuy Open.

There are often calls on this forum for more deepstack tournaments, however you can't get away from the fact they simply don't get much support from the general player pool. They vote with their buy-ins, and deepstacks don't get many votes

You'll have a tough job trying to persuade Sky to reinstate a weekly deepstack main event in my opinion.
  • edited November 2013
    It would be nice, however the Wednesday main event used to be the 'Doublestack'. It was never very popular and always attracted the smallest main event field of the week. Frequent overlay led to guarantee reductions, which in turn led to even smaller fields, a vicious circle. In February of this year it was killed-off and replaced by the Rebuy Open. There are often calls on this forum for more deepstack tournaments, however you can't get away from the fact they simply don't get much support from the general player pool. They vote with their buy-ins, and deepstacks don't get many votes You'll have a tough job trying to persuade Sky to reinstate a weekly deepstack main event in my opinion.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Party P.ooper :)

But I know what you mean m8

I used to love the Double Stack & If I recall there also to be a £22 Deepy too. Sadly that dwindled in numbers too, but we still have to remember that the current player pool is much larger than it was then and what didn't work then, may work now or at least in the near future hopefully when there is more demand.

The other issue I think is the finishing times of this type of tournament...Not everyone wants to stay up till gone 2 in the morning like me lol. So with this in mind...what about a Deepstack Turbo? with say 8min blinds instead of 12mins as a compromise.

I do love a good deepy though.
  • edited November 2013

Gary is bang on the money with his post.

Here's the thing, Deepstacks are more popular with the sort of person who would also use a forum and such, so we get a lot of people here asking for Deepstacks, however when they are put in place they fizzle out due to lack of overall interest from the entire playerpool.

What are peoples' thoughts on a Deepstack BountyHunter?  Serious question.

• edited November 2013
    Haha, sorry Slip, I bow all credit to you if it works.  Blame if it doesn't as well ;)
  • edited November 2013
    deepstacks on sky with no antes is a joke someone made up a long time ago

people just fold for a longer period :)

BH may induce action - a flat deepstack is just zzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • edited November 2013

Not gonna work.

How about an 'afternoon main' though?

On weekends at first maybe, try and concentrate the 2/3pm liquidity into 1 bigger mtt?

BH obv. but a big 1.
  • edited November 2013
    Deepstacks are interesting events for me - I'm really good at them, they are one of my best forms of MTT, however I find them really really dull :-|

A deepstack main event would be something I'd partake in though (bankroll permitting), but what current main event would it replace?
  • edited November 2013
    A deepstack main event would be something I'd partake in though (bankroll permitting), but what current main event would it replace?
    Posted by peter27
    Any one of the current crop of bounty hunter mains would be fine. (Yes, I know, they are the most popular format of tournament on Sky, and blah blah, yawn yawn: but he asked the question.)

:D
  • edited November 2013
    Gary is bang on the money with his post. Here's the thing, Deepstacks are more popular with the sort of person who would also use a forum and such, so we get a lot of people here asking for Deepstacks, however when they are put in place they fizzle out due to lack of overall interest from the entire playerpool. What are peoples' thoughts on a Deepstack BountyHunter?  Serious question.
    Posted by TommyD
    One of my fave tournies on here is the 9.30 £55 BH. It has a much better structure than the ME BH's. With 12 min blinds and a 200bb starting stack, you can lose a big pot early doors and not feel like it's a total uphill battle.

If one of the 17 BH mains of the week could incorporate this structure, I'd be a happy boy.