You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

10,10 on SB facing btn raise.

Villain is a reg and has been for some time. Has a decent understanding of the game and knows his way around a table. Not usually seen on cash from what I recall but is definitely known on the site and occasionally on the forum. No reads on him at cash tables.

Do I give him credit here?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
DrSharp Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £8.33
bobofett Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £9.51
  Your hole cards

SPAMOTO Fold     
Wilhelm Fold     
villainRaise  £0.32 £0.44 £7.93
DrSharp Raise  £0.84 £1.28 £7.49
bobofett Fold     
villainAll-in  £7.93 £9.21 £0.00
DrSharp ?

Comments

• edited November 2013
    It's probably a fold. But if you're happy to flip for chips then fill your boots*

*You could also be crushed!
  • edited November 2013
    It's pretty awful sizing no matter what he has imo.

Your 3bet should be a bit bigger imo, but flatting is fine too.

Now it's an easy fold imo, flipping at absolute best.

EDIT: Wanted to point out, I meant his 4b size was awful, not your 3bet.
  • edited November 2013
    I thought pre flop was maybe 1 BB shy of being pretty standard?
  • edited November 2013
    Don't think I ever 3bet TT's in these positions with the intention of folding.
  • edited November 2013
    Your 3bet sizing looks like a 3bet to induce.  He has induced all over you.  Why change a good plan?

If you call, make a note, in particular the large 4bet jam.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: 10,10 on SB facing btn raise.:
    Your 3bet sizing looks like a 3bet to induce.  He has induced all over you.  Why change a good plan? If you call, make a note, in particular the large 4bet jam.
    Posted by TommyD
    Keeping up your 100% success rate of suggesting a call in the Clinic Tommy? ;)
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: 10,10 on SB facing btn raise. : Keeping up your 100% success rate of suggesting a call in the Clinic Tommy? ;)
    Posted by Lambert180
    Totally.  However this time with a point.

A hand poker is all about information and reacting to it.  I get annoyed when any chat for or against 'betting for information' is discussed.  Every single bet you make creates information.  It is also always for something else 'value, bluff, protection, definition, deception, merging etc etc.'  Now on the other hand we should always have a plan in a hand and when it comes to cash for a certain few players over a session as well, provided we have a decent profile of them.

I really like sticking with a plan over a hand, however it is a mistake not to be able to turn on a sixpence at times if the information is right.  As and when to do this only comes with experience of the player and the game, also no one will ever be batting a thousand at this.  Why do you think I am always saying 'make a note?'

This feels like a 'stick with the plan man' moment to me.  So yes, I call.  Yet again.
  • edited November 2013
    I get caught out a lot by the "dynamic" between button open and blinds at these levels - ie btn is supposed to be super-wide here so gets a lot less credit than utg. Fist-pump shove tens and just always get shown AA/KK - shucks,, turns out btn was just playing his cards super face up..

Seems to me getting it in with Tens works out fine with reads that villain is very aggro - tho this is seldom the case with anyone showing Reg like tendencies at these limits
  • edited November 2013
    maybe ask the question why are you 3 betting 10's verus btn.

shouldn't be to fold

as above - you should have a plan according to reads or bare dynamics at the table and these should also indicate if your going to flat or 3 bet plus having an idea on villians reaction to 3 bets is kinda crucial.

you should ask the question before you 3 bet "if they do this then i do this"
    be aware that your going to get information but know beforehand what you are going to do.
    essentially don't 3 bet blind then say o vilian just shoved ?

• edited November 2013
    I was 3 betting because he is reasonably well known and has been around a few years albeit at lower stakes mtt's which led me to believe that he has a wide range here. I was 3 betting with the intention of getting it in. Is it too loose?

My 3 betting range in this posn is fairly wide also vs btn raisers. Is this a mistake?

I'd also like to question the 3 bet size. It was ever so slightly small as it keeps it cheaper and like tommy says could induce or be enough to fold out marginal hands from the btn.

Not saying any of that is correct, just my thinking.
  • edited November 2013
    I was 3 betting because he is reasonably well known and has been around a few years albeit at lower stakes mtt's which led me to believe that he has a wide range here. I was 3 betting with the intention of getting it in. Is it too loose? My 3 betting range in this posn is fairly wide also vs btn raisers. Is this a mistake? I'd also like to question the 3 bet size. It was ever so slightly small as it keeps it cheaper and like tommy says could induce or be enough to fold out marginal hands from the btn. Not saying any of that is correct, just my thinking.
    Posted by DrSharp
    3 betting reasons sound fine as long as you have some idea of his flat 3 bet range and also 4 bet range.

• edited November 2013
    I can only assign a range based on him having some idea on what he is doing. The fact he (in my opinion) is a mtt player may suggest he could be wider than a cash reg.