You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Position filled, sorry;)

why baz dont think its your fault just think players are spending there money on other tourneys every thing comes to an end some day m8  dont worry :)

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Hi all

Is there anyone out there who would like to take over the deepstack advertising because it looks like I can do it justice no longer, with just over half an hour left, we still only have 1 player registered, obviously I am now doing something wrong.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Wanted, advertiser:
    why baz dont think its your fault just think players are spending there money on other tourneys every thing comes to an end some day m8  dont worry :)
    Posted by scrumdown
    Hi m8

Thanks for that, unfortunetely, it looks to me like nobody is interested any longer in what I have to say, maybe I have whinged too much for my own good, maybe its time to leave the forum, its a year today since mum passed, so maybe its all for the best.
  • edited December 2009
    I hope that you decide to stay Barry, I for one enjoy your daily posts for the deepstacks, I  know that I couldn't do the job half as well as you do.

For some reason that I can't fathom the £10 games just aren't getting the players.  I know that it must be disheartening for you but ITS NOT YOUR FAULT, you have done an excellent job in promoting the various deepstacks, look at the turnaround in the 7.30 game which had almost died before you started to promote it and now gets in excess of 20 players most days. Now theres a conundrum, why are there more players in the £20 game than the £10 one?
  • edited December 2009

I also hope you stay Barry. You are one of the most helpful and supportive members of the community. As for the £10 deepstacks, I for one have stopped playing them as I don't think it is right paying £10 for a tournament with no guaranteed prize pool, especially when you look in the lobby most £5 tournaments are guaranteed! Anybody else advertising this tournament would not have kept it running this long, well done for that.
    I really hope you decide to stay, although it cant be an easy time right now, maybe take a short break but please come back xxx

• edited December 2009
    I would guess the novelty of Omaha and the new website glitches have probably either swayed people to play Omaha or play elsewhere until all is sorted.

Its also late night xmas shopping time :)

Dont fret about ur validity of posts m8.
  • edited December 2009
    baz mate you have been a great help and a valuable source of information ever since i joined this site 5 months ago.if you feel you need a break take one.but you know all of your mates will miss you.PS im still never playing AJ against you though mate lol dav
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Wanted, advertiser : Hi m8 Thanks for that, unfortunetely, it looks to me like nobody is interested any longer in what I have to say, maybe I have whinged too much for my own good, maybe its time to leave the forum, its a year today since mum passed, so maybe its all for the best.
    Posted by acebarry10
    Just listen to what everyone else has been telling you - it's not you that has caused any reduction in players, the site just offers more options now and some games will loose players to others.

I'm so sorry about your Mum, today it's not surprising that you would feel down and unhappy with life, it's to be expected. Don't be too hard on yourself, these things don't often get better but they do get different if that makes sense. The death of a parent will never be a good date in the calendar, try using your grieving energy to remember all the good times and memories and celebrate your Mums life. 

So don't leave the forum Barry - we would miss you. I hope you feel more positive soon. x
  • edited December 2009
    Hi all

How can I possibly leave after this, thanks for your support, I am feeling much more like me and better today, I am up and down like a fiddlers elabow :)

Thanks again I LOVE YOU ALL xxxxxxx
  • edited December 2009
    Hi all How can I possibly leave after this, thanks for your support, I am feeling much more like me and better today, I am up and down like a fiddlers elabow :) Thanks again I LOVE YOU ALL xxxxxxx
    Posted by acebarry10

hey Barry,

i'd glad to see this post from you this morning.

please remember you do a fantastic service to this community and also a great job in advertising tournaments. if people aren't playing in them it certainly inst your fault and is no reason to leave.

if the advertising is getting a bit too much then don't worry about it. have a break; a week, a month a year, whatever. nobody will mind or hold anything against you and maybe you can just get on with enjoying the rest of the community without feeling you have 'chores' to do.

remember this community is about entertainment and i would hate think that this isn't what it's bringing you.

Rich
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Wanted, advertiser : hey Barry, i'd glad to see this post from you this morning. please remember you do a fantastic service to this community and also a great job in advertising tournaments. if people aren't playing in them it certainly inst your fault and is no reason to leave. if the advertising is getting a bit too much then don't worry about it. have a break; a week, a month a year, whatever. nobody will mind or hold anything against you and maybe you can just get on with enjoying the rest of the community without feeling you have 'chores' to do. remember this community is about entertainment and i would hate think that this isn't what it's bringing you. Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    +1
  • edited December 2009

For those not aware, Barry was a little down yesterday, & has been most of this week, but we chatted last night, & he's bright & breezy now.

DingDell's Post was, as always, spot on.
  • edited December 2009
    Sky Rich has got it in one. As one of the relative new boys at Sky Poker, the one thing that's astounded me is how awesome the Community here is. Barry - you're an integral part of that. Your endless enthusiasm and championing of the games is a huge credit to the site, so don't confuse it as anything else. Of course, as Rich says, it should never feel like a burden, and if that's the case then I am sure others will help out. 

Upwards and onwards, with Barry firmly in the breach! :)

Dave
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Rich, Vince, tikay and Dave

This is the exact reason this site beats any others hands down (er that wasnt meant as a pun, but clever now I think of it :)), the community spirit always shines through, it is there in times of need, so it is onward and upward, as Dave says, once more into the breach dear friends, once more.

Thank you all once again, Oh and of course I couldnt drool all over the place when Lisa-Marie is around ;)
  • edited December 2009
    Glad to see you are feeling better today Barry, the forum would not be the same without you. x
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Rich, Vince, tikay and Dave This is the exact reason this site beats any others hands down (er that wasnt meant as a pun, but clever now I think of it :)), the community spirit always shines through, it is there in times of need, so it is onward and upward, as Dave says, once more into the breach dear friends, once more. Thank you all once again, Oh and of course I couldnt drool all over the place when Lisa-Marie is around ;)
    Posted by acebarry10

Glad to hear it Barry. You're my NUMBER 1 favourite. The first person to welcome me onto the site when I was a wee newbie.. and generally the first to pop by and say Hello of an evening.

You Sir, are an institution here on Sky Poker.

((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

♥ ♥ ♥

• edited December 2009
    Glad you are feeling better Barry, don't take things personally, you do a fab job!!

Dingdell - that was the best post I have seen since this forum began, you have a new job as an advisor!

Dave
  • edited December 2009
    Awwwww, thank you peeps (Group Hug)
  • edited December 2009
    Glad you are feeling better Barry, don't take things personally, you do a fab job!! Dingdell - that was the best post I have seen since this forum began, you have a new job as an advisor! Dave
    Posted by SolarCarro
    Thanks Dave - if I get chosen as one of the new bloggers I may do a comedy poker agony aunt blog......"I'm having anger management problems at the table, I always end up getting outdrawn by an idiot. Can you help me?" Phil H, Las Vegas. 

Barry - lovely to see you feeling more upbeat today xx 
  • edited December 2009
    nice one baz top man nice to hear your feeling a lot better today
  • edited December 2009
    Hey Barry .. You know me mate , there is no grey areas with me ..
    it's either black or white !!
     so forgive me when i say....your posts are the first i look at before reading anything else !!  You are "The Man" ... glk mate  :)) Benny 
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Wanted, advertiser : Thanks Dave - if I get chosen as one of the new bloggers I may do a comedy poker agony aunt blog......"I'm having anger management problems at the table, I always end up getting outdrawn by an idiot. Can you help me?" Phil H, Las Vegas.  Barry - lovely to see you feeling more upbeat today xx 
    Posted by Dingdell
    If I had a vote, you'd get it. But I don't.

You write wonderfully, & I feel very re-assured that you are here. Nice place this, & it suits you.
  • edited December 2009
    Just think answered by 3 beauttiful women, you have made an old man very happy ;)
  • edited December 2009
    Glad you're feeling better Barry old bean :) This is a great community and it often helps even when it doesn't know it.
  • edited December 2009
    Come on Barry, just because they took away the Barry Fr, I mean, Posters Freeroll no need to go getting in a strop!

;-)

You know everyone in this community knows how much you support it and you're doing a dam fine job.  Anyway, Lisa already said you're her No. 1 so there is zero chance of you leaving now!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Position filled, sorry;):
    Come on Barry, just because they took away the Barry Fr, I mean, Posters Freeroll no need to go getting in a strop! ;-) You know everyone in this community knows how much you support it and you're doing a dam fine job.  Anyway, Lisa already said you're her No. 1 so there is zero chance of you leaving now!
    Posted by Machka
    Hi Machka

Yeh, long sigh, barry gets a dreamy look on his face ;)
  • edited December 2009
    Just seen this thread big man. Glad you are staying around, you are a forum legend. TC Dave and Alana x