You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What would you guys have done here?

edited December 2009 in Hold'em Poker Strategy
bigsid Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £9.54
BA14 Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £24.68
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

Prickles Fold     
RevRiver Fold     
kirstii Raise  £1.20 £1.65 £6.93
jazzyj Call  £1.20 £2.85 £25.54
bigsid Call  £1.05 £3.90 £8.49
BA14 Call  £0.90 £4.80 £23.78
Flop

bigsid All-in  £8.49 £13.29 £0.00
BA14 Call  £8.49 £21.78 £15.29

So what would you guys do?

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Shove it if you like variance, fold if you're not comfortable.

Btw kirstii you need to include player history in how they would play certain hands in this situation and previous hands for it to be evaluated properly.

Personally if I was readless I find a better spot to get my money in as you are mostly likely against a weird 2pair or big flush+straight draws.
  • edited December 2009
    agree with zing more info on the players is needed but i think you have to pass... assuming BA14 isnt a donkey as he is 100 BB deep then smooth calling the all in with the PFR behind he has to be strong.... the only tempter would be would be that you have blockers to any1 making a move with 9 7. it might be +EV as BA14's range would consist largely of single paired hands like A 10 so there may be value in shoving but its pretty reckless. all in all I pass.
  • edited December 2009
    Move all in you only have 6 quid at a table with a £30 buy in. I presume you've taken a hit in a very recent pot. If you're playing a stack 1/6th of the buy in, you aren't gonna have time to wait for many better opportunities than this.

Call and hope for the best, or fold and reload to the max instantly.

I call.

DOHH
  • edited December 2009
    call.

if you want to get better, buy-in full.
  • edited December 2009
    I assumed you were 100bb, so as you aren't I snap all in to get a possible triple up. Your odds are too good to pass with your stack. 
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to What would you guys have done here?:
    bigsid Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £9.54 BA14 Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £24.68   Your hole cards J J       Prickles Fold         RevRiver Fold         kirstii Raise   £1.20 £1.65 £6.93 jazzyj Call   £1.20 £2.85 £25.54 bigsid Call   £1.05 £3.90 £8.49 BA14 Call   £0.90 £4.80 £23.78 Flop     10 8 5       bigsid All-in   £8.49 £13.29 £0.00 BA14 Call   £8.49 £21.78 £15.29                                     So what would you guys do?                                      
    Posted by kirstii

The First thing I'm asking is why didn't you re-raise pre-flop. You can't let 4 people see the flop with JJ as they will be worth nothing. You should have re-raised pre-flop and then if someone put's you in then you've got a decision but atleast you have a better idea of where your jacks stand. By calling you have no info as to how strong villian is
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: What would you guys have done here?:
    I assumed you were 100bb, so as you aren't I snap all in to get a possible triple up. Your odds are too good to pass with your stack. 
    Posted by zing
    sorry miss read ur stack size as well... def call 100%
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to What would you guys have done here? : The First thing I'm asking is why didn't you re-raise pre-flop. You can't let 4 people see the flop with JJ as they will be worth nothing. You should have re-raised pre-flop and then if someone put's you in then you've got a decision but atleast you have a better idea of where your jacks stand. By calling you have no info as to how strong villian is
    Posted by salazar
    Sorry ignore the above, the pic of the JJ under someone else's name confused me, I see that you raised and everyone else called. 
    Ba14 may well have a set or 2 pair as it would be a bad call for a flush draw but the stack you have and the fact that you have the re-draw if he does have 2 pair means i would probably call although I don't think it's automatic. Much would depend on what you thought of the guys you were up against and whether they would do this with top pair hands or flush draw hands. If the answer is yes these people would push and call with top pair and a flush draw then it's a snap call. If the answer is no, they are pretty solid, you may want to fold and save the £7 for a better spot.
  • edited December 2009
    Shove it if you like variance, fold if you're not comfortable. Btw kirstii you need to include player history in how they would play certain hands in this situation and previous hands for it to be evaluated properly. Personally if I was readless I find a better spot to get my money in as you are mostly likely against a weird 2pair or big flush+straight draws.
    Posted by zing
    Sorry, would've included more but was only my third hand at the table so i was presuming solid until proven otherwise which i think is the best way to go when you're new to a game. As it turns out i folded and was shown KK by the caller, good times!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: What would you guys have done here? : Sorry ignore the above, the pic of the JJ under someone else's name confused me, I see that you raised and everyone else called.  Ba14 may well have a set or 2 pair as it would be a bad call for a flush draw but the stack you have and the fact that you have the re-draw if he does have 2 pair means i would probably call although I don't think it's automatic. Much would depend on what you thought of the guys you were up against and whether they would do this with top pair hands or flush draw hands. If the answer is yes these people would push and call with top pair and a flush draw then it's a snap call. If the answer is no, they are pretty solid, you may want to fold and save the £7 for a better spot.
    Posted by salazar
    I can see your point there, tbh i would have been less suspicious if he'd re raised all in, the flat call made it seem like he had a set or a big overpair and wanted someone else in the pot, not that i would've called the all in either!
  • edited December 2009
    bigsid  Small blind   £0.15  £0.15  £9.54 
    BA14  Big blind   £0.30  £0.45  £24.68 
       Your hole cards  J J          
    Prickles  Fold     
    RevRiver  Fold     
    kirstii  Raise   £1.20  £1.65  £6.93 
    jazzyj  Call   £1.20  £2.85  £25.54 
    bigsid  Call   £1.05  £3.90  £8.49 
    BA14  Call   £0.90  £4.80  £23.78 
    Flop
          10 8 5          
    bigsid  All-in   £8.49  £13.29  £0.00 
    BA14  Call   £8.49  £21.78  £15.29 
    kirstii  Fold     
    jazzyj  Fold     
    bigsid  Show  10 Q    
    BA14  Show  K K    
    Turn
    River
    BA14  Win  Two Pairs, Kings and 8s  £20.70   £35.99 

p.s sorry about the mess copied it to notepad!
  • edited December 2009
    I'm a fan of instinct here - but the fabric of the board and the opponent's play over the game contribute to this.

Don't know why bigsid called your raise with 10Q - throwing money away.
  • edited December 2009
    hard one  got the ten with top kicker or is hit a set depends if u want to gamble