You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday's £15k Primo - with James & Stuart (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***)

2»

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Hi guys, thanks for the analysis. The min raise on flop was me trying my best to look even stronger than Jacks (set), and potentially that got rid of my action from the 10s.

Great point that 900 in the middle is great to pick up uncontested pre when I only have 3k, or we can flip for the lot or risk being picked off by worse (probably offset a little by TT 99 that might call?).  Taken on board.
  • edited November 2013
    Hand Request, 
    wasnt a main tournament but im a fairly new player and know in this hand i really rushed in but the player i bet against had only been playing picture cards throughout the whole tourney so was trying to either push him off hand or him to call expecting AK AQ AJ KJ 
    Question is on a flop like this is and being short stacked is it worth just safe playing this hand after flop cos the guy later said he would have called my all in bet had i pushed pre flop? bad play from both of us i believe but still felt like i was ahead.

• edited November 2013

Evening guys. Good show tonight. Please keep us informed of that UKPC game.

I am just a MTT player but I am struggling to even min cash ATM in quite a few tournies  and carnt put my finger on what is going wrong. I understand variance and downswings but need some advice on how to turn it around.

Just finished 49th in main and 101st in mini. I have gone back to mainly playing 'abc' poker to try and overcome it, but that is not working so should I just go 'aggro' from the start of tournies or just keep playing how I am and hope it turns?

My MTT tick list is as follows.

Make late reg period.
    Make 50% of field.
    Make min cash.
    Make FT.
    WIN.
  • edited November 2013

evening gents
    well thanks to the way things are going in the mini. my little moment of tilt from the horror I had in the main event was gone in no time.

• edited November 2013

11:02 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 299 436 126 42  
    left 36 61 2    

shawsok 12 23      
    ryan83 31 45      

• edited November 2013
    Hand Request
    Mini Main yesterday
    i know this was a yesterday tournament but was wondering have i done the right thing here? like i said quite new playing on sky and it was just after the bubble and i probably did have enough chips here to try and force way into top 10? main question to you guys is would you play this hand any different no matter how much your playing for in tournament play? any tips always going to be helpful as i want to start finishing top 10's in mini events so that i can build bank roll and then play main events. really good show tonight and really helpful talking through some of the hands.
    this is a generla question just thought this hand is a good example of what im trying to ask.

• edited November 2013

Cheers guys....great answers and advice from both.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday's £15k Primo - with James & Stuart (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***):
    In Response to Re: Sunday's £15k Primo - with James & Stuart (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***) : Dont change a thing mate Ive been at your table a couple of times and from what i remember there is nothing at all wrong with your game and things will put themselves right with time. GL
    Posted by Diminuendo

Cheers mate.

**Message to Stuart**.....WOTEVA is a big burly (but friendly) BLOKE!!!
  • edited November 2013

11:40 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 299 436 126 42  
    left 18 26 1    

shawsok 5 16      

• edited November 2013

At last! 1st MTT cash/win for ages.....must of been the panels expert advice!
    9.15 deepy (£2.20)....72 runners. 

MAXALLY3600001£41.76bonessfc0202£27.36ECCENTRIC03£16.92BIGBAZZA704£13.68ROBBIEROTT05£11.16puffypink06£9.36vrachia07£7.92Mantux133708£6.48gillespie09£5.04bazwin010£4.32