You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

REASONS WHY I DISLIKE CHRISTMAS!!!

edited December 2009 in Area 51

Over the last couple of weeks i've seen the real sick side of Poker and going out of tourneys with real stinking bad beats is just a complete joke and i'm really getting irate big style. Don't mind if i go out of a tourney with the worst hand and i played it badly but i feel i'm playing to the best that i possibly can and getting nothing for it!

I hate losing at anything and i've gone all-in for example with AK and my opponent has gone in with Q7 suited, hit my King on the flop and then i've get screwed with runner flaming runner on the turn and river and my opponent hits his flush  - WHERE IS THE JUSTICE IN THAT!!!!

Another one being me with KK vs JJ and my opponent hits quad J's - JUST AN UTTER UTTER JOKE!!

I've qualified for leg 2 of the SPT in Newcastle but i'm just hoping these bad beats go kaputski and don't continue into January because i'll probably be in an even worser mood then i currently am in!!!

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Reasons why i dislike christmas -

Cheap Crackers ( i always get that fish you have to put in your hand and it curls up)

Jumpers (No man should wear a jumper chosen by an elderly relative)

Mince Pies (thats not mince)

People watching you open your presents (iv become what i would like to think as Oscar nomination standard at acting the "omg how did you know , iv been looking at them socks for a while" surprise)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: REASONS WHY I DISLIKE CHRISTMAS!!!:
    Reasons why i dislike christmas - Cheap Crackers ( i always get that fish you have to put in your hand and it curls up) Jumpers (No man should wear a jumper chosen by an elderly relative) Mince Pies (thats not mince) People watching you open your presents (iv become what i would like to think as Oscar nomination standard at acting the "omg how did you know , iv been looking at them socks for a while" surprise)
    Posted by HuFlungPu
    10/10 - Roll out January that's what i say!!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to REASONS WHY I DISLIKE CHRISTMAS!!!:
    Over the last couple of weeks i've seen the real sick side of Poker and going out of tourneys with real stinking bad beats is just a complete joke and i'm really getting irate big style. Don't mind if i go out of a tourney with the worst hand and i played it badly but i feel i'm playing to the best that i possibly can and getting nothing for it! I hate losing at anything and i've gone all-in for example with AK and my opponent has gone in with Q7 suited, hit my King on the flop and then i've get screwed with runner flaming runner on the turn and river and my opponent hits his flush  - WHERE IS THE JUSTICE IN THAT!!!! Another one being me with KK vs JJ and my opponent hits quad J's - JUST AN UTTER UTTER JOKE!! I've qualified for leg 2 of the SPT in Newcastle but i'm just hoping these bad beats go kaputski and don't continue into January because i'll probably be in an even worser mood then i currently am in!!!
    Posted by OnlyOneCT
    1..There is no justice in poker
    2..If you are doing everything right it will turn around for you.
    3.. if you are still in a bad mood at sky2 i will buy you a pint to cheer you up..

• edited December 2009
    Hi Guys,
    To have to look and act happy and gracious when in fact you feel

BLOODY MISERABLE

merry Christmas lol

col
  • edited December 2009
    TWO PAIR AFTER FLOP FOLD PLEASE IT ALWAYS GETS OUTDRWN, 8 OUT OF 8 SO FAR IN 3 HRS GR8 STATS...

MERRY XMAS
  • edited December 2009
    have a gr8 new yr all hope to c u at spt march time,,i wont be on as of jan 1st shop and tbh bit bored on line not many gd torns so b lukky all hope to catch up 1 day.
  • edited December 2009

WELL ITS NOT JUST CHRISTMAS ITS WINTER IN GENERAL

BUT COLD FEET

BLAME MY BAD PLAY DUE TO
  • edited December 2009

The last tourney i played was i think a £300 guarenteed on Friday night  and i had another bad beat (AA vs KK - K came on the turn but give credit to my opponent he played his hand brilliantly and got lucky!) but for some stange reason i managed to get a cash which still baffles me somewhat because even though i've got the basics nailed to a tee, i'm still not happy with my performances on the tables.

I know i'm far too over-competitive and it's does bring the bad out of me and that's a shame for me because i ain't a nasty person, i just don't like the word LOSE!!.

Where am i going wrong?

PS: I have qualified for Santa's Sack freeroll - WAHAY!!!!. If i'm fortunate enough to get on the final table, i am quite literally pleading for anyone else that will be on that final table to bust me out in 4th place as the 4th place finisher wins a Nintendo Wii i think. Don't care if i have Ace's and i get screwed with 9-2 off suit, as long as i get my mitts on that Wii then my mood will somewhat be improved!!!

• edited December 2009
                     My Hubby goes into the toilet with Nintendo Wii     Then has to try later.!!!!
    Posted by logdon
    Lol!!!!!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to REASONS WHY I DISLIKE CHRISTMAS!!! : 1..There is no justice in poker 2..If you are doing everything right it will turn around for you. 3.. if you are still in a bad mood at sky2 i will buy you a pint to cheer you up..
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    I'll hold you to that lol!! - Pint of Guinness would be grand!!.

This is going to be my last live tourney till Nottingham next September (If i qualify for it of course!) so it would be wonderful to get a cash or even better another final table.

• edited December 2009

If anyone thinks my mood has somewhat improved after a weekend away from the tables think again because it has NOW got considerably worse.

Just been busted out with another sick bad beat (QQ vs 69 off suit) on the river with my opponent hitting trip 9's!!!. Like i've said before if i go out of a tourney against a BETTER hand or i play a strong hand badly, that does not bother me but i have now had 3 weeks worth of SICK bad beats and i am really getting so narked off with it.

Nearly 92% of the time i'm making the correct calls and getting screwed in spectacular fashion for it!!!

YOU CAN SHOVE CHRISTMAS WHERE THE SUN DOESN'T SHINE AND BRING FORWARD LEG 2 OF THE SPT IN NEWCASTLE FOR ME RIGHT NOW LOL!!!

• edited December 2009
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    spanielhx Small blind  200.00 200.00 5260.00
    OnlyOneCT Big blind  400.00 600.00 10050.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

aaagain Fold     
    decipher28 Fold     
    Cormach All-in  960.00 1560.00 0.00
    djcol38 Fold     
    spanielhx All-in  5260.00 6820.00 0.00
    OnlyOneCT All-in  10050.00 16870.00 0.00
    OnlyOneCT Unmatched bet  4990.00 11880.00 4990.00
    spanielhx Show

OnlyOneCT Show
    • A
    • A

Cormach Show
    • K

Flop

Turn

River

spanielhx Win Four 7s 11880.00  11880.00
    THAT HAND HAS PUT ME IN A REALLY FOUL MOOD BECAUSE I WAS DOING REALLY GOOD AND WAS HOPEFUL I WAS GOING TO GET A CASH IN TONIGHT'S £4K DOUBLE STACK BUT I HAVE GOT TO THE POINT WHERE I'M GETTING SICK AND TIRED OF CONSTANTLY GETTING BEAT LIKE THIS DESPITE IN MY OPINION PLAYING PROBABLY THE BEST I POSSIBLY CAN AND GETTING SCREWED TIME AFTER TIME AFTER TIME. ITS MADE ME MORE DETERMINED TO WIN SPT NEWCASTLE AND I AINT GONNA SETTLE FOR ANYTHING LESS THAN A WIN!!!
  • edited December 2009
    It would be fascinating to find out how everyone is exactly planning their schedule over the christmas period.

Mine is the following:

OPEN PRESENTS
    MOAN ABOUT THE SMALLEST THINGS
    EAT CHRISTMAS LUNCH
    DRINK
    EAT EVEN MORE
    DRINK EVEN MORE
    FALL ASLEEP
    WAKE UP
    PLAY GRAND THEFT AUTO FOR ABOUT 2 HOURS ON THE PS3
    PLAY A COUPLE OF MTT'S HERE ON SKY POKER
    ENDURE MORE SICK BAD BEATS (I seriously need a HUGE turnaround of luck!)
    PLAY SANTA'S SACK FREEROLL
    HOPE AND PRAY I GET 3RD PLACE AND WIN THAT WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!
    PLAY MORE MTT TOURNEYS
    CONTINUE TO HONOUR THE "CONTRACT" LML HAS FORCED ME TO SIGN!
    EAT MORE
    SLEEP MORE
    GO ON MY ANNUAL PUB CRAWL AROUND CHESTER BEFORE NEW YEAR'S EVE WITH MY BESSY MATE
    BUY THINGS IN THE SALES THAT I WONT EVER WEAR OR USE
    EAT MORE
    DRINK MORE
    COMPLAIN HOW RUBBISH PUBLIC TRANSPORT IS

THE END

THAT IS ALL!!!

(OnlyOneCT would like to advise sensible eating and drinking during the festive period and also encourage you to suffer the same sick bad beats i have endured over the last 3 weeks!!!)
  • edited December 2009

merry christmas
  • edited December 2009

THE LAST 2 FRIDAY'S I'VE PLAYED THE £7K DOUBLE STACK AND I'VE BEEN IN VERY DECENT POSITIONS BUT IM GETTING SO HACKED OFF BY GOING ALL-IN WITH SOMETHING LIKE KK AND GETTING WITH AQ OR AJ AND MY OPPONENT GETTING LUCKY ON THE TURN OR THE RIVER AND IT SCREWS MY TOURNEY HOPES RIGHT UP!!!

IT IS BEGINNING TO BE A REGULAR THING AND I AINT HAPPY FULL STOP AND UNLESS MY LUCK CHANGES, I WOULD ADVISE STRONGLY NOT TO MAKE ANY SORT OF CONVERSATION WITH ME ON THE TABLES OR MAKE PATHETIC AND SARCASTIC COMMENTS ON THE RAILS LIKE I'VE HAD TONIGHT!.

THAT IS ALL!!!

• edited December 2009

Had an ickle confidence booster as i managed to get on the final table of the £22 buy-in £300 Bounty Hunter

Player NameChipsRankPrizeHeadsValue
    No Players

thegrey1440001£110 + £73.75 Head Prizes + 30 League Points4
    pete102£66 + £48.74 Head Prizes + 26 League Points5
    OnlyOneCT03£44 + £22.50 Head Prizes + 18 League Points3
    sean199104£30.01 Head Prizes + 12 League Points3
    mcwolf05£15 Head Prizes + 6 League Points                  
    Can't moan with how i played in this last night as throughout most of the tourney i was the short stack and made some moves at the correct time and doubled up on several occasions but then i hit a brick wall and the blinds were eating my stack up and had to go all-in with rubbish and ended up in 3rd.