You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What % of forum members are winning players?

edited November 2013 in Poker Chat
I would imagine it's pretty high.

I see that generally it's accepted that around  90% of people are losing.
I would be very surprised if that's the case with regularish (new word) forum regulars.

Is this due to more interest in the game and learning, for example the clinic?
Are the people who use the forum more into the game and less likely to deposit £50 on a whim and have a bit of fun?

Comments

• edited November 2013
    I reckon it must be pretty high.

I wonder where money in poker comes from, is it just these players that deposit money for fun and constantly top up. You would think they would get bored of losing all the time though, unless there's loads of people that do this at different times. So at anyone time, theres loads of people depositing that maybe play for a short period, have a break and come back for more.

• edited November 2013
    Poker is fun, people play bingo and slots for the fun and I imagine its the same here.

Tis why I hate seeing people getting berated and abused for eg calling with junk. Why try to humiliate people who want to put money into the site? 

Even if bei g nice to people wasnt a basic, fundemental part of being a decent human being you'd think the so called sharks would want to make a nice environment for the recs out of pure selfish greed.

Banter, cards and the chance to make a few quid. Whats not to like...
  • edited November 2013
    Noone loses all the time that's what keeps the losing players coming back - even if they have to reload every week/month if they are getting enjoyment/the thrill of some wins along the way/many of them will keep playing and some of those will learn enough to be profitable.
  • edited November 2013
    The real sharks do make poker nice for everyone, its the guys that can't shark that berate because they think in the "today" and are careless when it comes to thinking about the "tommorow" with regards to the time space poker continuum. 

Also, I would say for every regular forum poster there are prob 7 players that do not post on the forum, so you couls easily believe that everyone on the forum is a winnar if you wanted to... howevre life is not that fair and someone has to get brutalised or continoulsy mauled (if you will) at the tables. 

So, my guess would be say... 2/3 forum posters are not huge long term losers.... 
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: What % of forum members are winning players?:
    Also, I would say for every regular forum poster there are prob 7 players that do not post on the forum, Posted by TPTP123
    I'd go much higher than that, maybe only 1/100 players post on the forum with any regularity.

Of those that do visit the forum I'd guess only about 1/10 post regularly, the other 9/10 mainly lurk, ie read stuff but never or hardly ever contribute.

In my opinion forum posters are far more likely to be winners than random players. By definition we're people who spend more time away from the tables thinking and talking about poker than others. If you did a survey of say the top 30 most active forum members I estimate at least 75% would be winning players.

BTW, according to Sharkscope FAQ 31% of players on Sky are winning plyers.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: What % of forum members are winning players?:
    In Response to Re: What % of forum members are winning players? : I'd go much higher than that, maybe only 1/100 players post on the forum with any regularity. Of those that do visit the forum I'd guess only about 1/10 post regularly, the other 9/10 mainly lurk, ie read stuff but never or hardly ever contribute. In my opinion forum posters are far more likely to be winners than random players. By definition we're people who spend more time away from the tables thinking and talking about poker than others. If you did a survey of say the top 30 most active forum members I estimate at least 75% would be winning players. BTW, according to Sharkscope FAQ 31% of players on Sky are winning plyers.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    I think that could be misleading - SS gives tourney results and there is a relatively high volume of dyms where I would expect it to be easier to be a winning player.

Cash % winning players (where most of the overall volume is) I would expect to be down around 10-15% max.

I do agree that as a regular poster on the forum especially if you use / comment on the clinic you either are a winning player or you are on your way to be being one.
  • edited November 2013
    I started a losing player (on another site) and I never had a problem making monthly lodgements. I seen it as paying for entertainment...no different than going to the cinema, paying for tv etc. At the end of the day i think it depends how much your prepared to spend monthly for the pleasure you gain from it and also on your personal finances.
  • edited November 2013
    This is so Simples 
    If I post in the forum I'll be a winner!!
    Right?

Haven't posted for a while and my results are on a major down swing :-(  
    (£3 down this month) 
    Now that I've posted 
    I'm going to be a winner ;-D 
    Thanks Mr Sky 
    Another problem sorted.