You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"scary" (3 min blinds) double your money sit n go's?

apologies if someones already suggested it but...

"scary" (3 min blinds) double your money sit n go's ?

i don't know if it would change the negative way alot of people play (playing not to lose, as opposed to playing to win) but i'd like to give it a go!

at least, it would have to be a bit less boring and time consuming.

Comments

• edited December 2009
    I think it is a terrible idea.

Having been playing over on Titan recently, all the DYM's there are 1500 chips and 4 minute blinds. After 15 minutes, it just becomes a shove fest.

With so few chips in play and such quick blinds, it has no skill factor. Even the short stack can be chip leader by pushing twice in a row and picking up 600 in blinds a time.

It makes for some of the worst play I have ever seen in poker and I will never moan about the bad play on sky again. Raises of any sort gain no respect and ace nine is quite acceptable to push all in with UTG. You need a quick double up to have any hope of cashing so as such, anything goes.

Someone yesterday called my 5 x bb raise with kings with 2 3 suited and rivered a straight. I asked him about his ambitious play and he just said 'y not'

I have already withdrawn my original stake back out of the site and just playing with my bonus, once this bonus is cleared, the balance is coming out.

I never knew poker could be so little fun.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: "scary" (3 min blinds) double your money sit n go's?:
    I think it is a terrible idea. Having been playing over on Titan recently, all the DYM's there are 1500 chips and 4 minute blinds. After 15 minutes, it just becomes a shove fest. With so few chips in play and such quick blinds, it has no skill factor. Even the short stack can be chip leader by pushing twice in a row and picking up 600 in blinds a time. It makes for some of the worst play I have ever seen in poker and I will never moan about the bad play on sky again. Raises of any sort gain no respect and ace nine is quite acceptable to push all in with UTG. You need a quick double up to have any hope of cashing so as such, anything goes. Someone yesterday called my 5 x bb raise with kings with 2 3 suited and rivered a straight. I asked him about his ambitious play and he just said 'y not' I have already withdrawn my original stake back out of the site and just playing with my bonus, once this bonus is cleared, the balance is coming out. I never knew poker could be so little fun.
    Posted by Hale72
    safe to say it's probably not for you then
  • edited January 2010
    I agree the negativity is at its all time high and its boring, very very boring but if you play them right you can come out in top.

Faster blinds would be more exciting but less profitable i think
  • edited August 2010
    hurrah, i knew it was a good idea!

just played in one.... verdict , much better than a usual dym
  • edited August 2010

3 min blinds wud make dym's bearable!!! 

I might even play some!!

In dyms no1 does anything until it's a shove fest anyway.

+1

• edited August 2010
    i cant find any now...

whats goin on?