You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

LIVE TONIGHT on 861 with Rich and Joe ***with Last Longer competition for Thursday night main event

edited November 2013 in Poker Chat
Question for Stapes:

If a tree falls in the forest and theres noone around to hear it, does it still make a sound?

Going by this advert... im going to have to say yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pW2bE61Z9U

Comments

• edited November 2013

Halloween and Bonfire Night have gone and Christmas is next on the list as the winter nights draw in. What does this mean..?

It's peak poker time!

It's busy on the site and busy on the channel. And we're live again this Tuesday night from 7 on Sky Poker TV for our weekly dose of...

TURBO TUESDAY!

Presiding over the speed carnage will be Richard Orford and Joe Stapleton doing this...

7pm- 15K Primo final table from Sunday 10th November

8pm- Live coverage from the TURBO OPEN                   

9pm Live action from the Master Cash tables.    

10pm–midnight- Live coverage from the Turbo Open till we get a winner.

Also, back for more, is our

LAST LONGER COMPETITION!

A free seat to Thursday's main event- (the £33 buy-in £12K Sky Sports Bounty Hunter) to the player who lasts longer than the other competition entrants in Tuesday's main event. Email your registration or post on here to say you're in it. Deadline is 8pm Tuesday night.

And we'll also do this...

INTERROGATE STAPES!

Let's have your quickfire questions to Joe Stapleton on poker, life, the universe and everything. But here's the thing: they must be questions with yes/no answers only!

I'll pepper them throughout the show as well as your hand requests and everything else.

Plenty going on then- get writing and I'll see you all on Tuesday :-)
  • edited November 2013
    !st to register for the last longer
    hope i'm not the first to leave!
    Have a great show!
  • edited November 2013

Joe my question is,the TV show Charmed who were the the original ones, i want there tv show names and the actresses,s who played them good luck :):):):) and do not cheat,Also i want the name of the actress who joined the show later,and her name in the show :):):)

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live with Rich and Joe ***with Last Longer competition for Thursday night main event seat***:
    Joe my question is,the TV show Charmed who were the the original ones, i want there tv show names and the actresses,s who played them good luck :):):):) and do not cheat,Also i want the name of the actress who joined the show later,and her name in the show :):):)
    Posted by paige55
    MR orford is trying to make this to easy for you xxxx yes or no answers what was he thinking :):):):)
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live with Rich and Joe ***with Last Longer competition for Thursday night main event seat***:
    Posted by paige55
    After last weeks revelations, Stalking is not the answer! lol
    Congrats on your Top of the Posts win!
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live with Rich and Joe ***with Last Longer competition for Thursday night main event seat*** : After last weeks revelations, Stalking is not the answer! lol Congrats on your Top of the Posts win!
    Posted by DUNMIDOSH
    i am such a daft girl lol xxx
  • edited November 2013
    Put me in the last Longerer than I did last week :)

This week i'll try and play some good hands for the show :)

Questions for Stapes..........
    1. Do you think Helmuth will ever win another WSOP?
    2. Do you think Orford will ever win another SPT Side Event?
    3. If you were offered 10 grand would you wear a onesey at the final table of an EPT?

Best of luck with the show guys
  • edited November 2013
    As Joe would  probably where anything for 10k would you do it for 1k?

If you wern,t getting paid would you sit with Orford for 5 hours :) ?

look forward to the show and i,ll stick my name down for the last longer incase i satelite in -EDIT Satted in

Have a good one

Paul
  • edited November 2013

last longer please

• edited November 2013
    All good, guys.

I think most of you have grasped the concept of yes/no questions! ;-)

Keep them coming and let's start having those Last Longer entries as well. Fairly decent prize I think, a free shot at Thursday's main. No harm in sticking your name down here if you're planning on playing the Turbo tonight.
  • edited November 2013
    Last longer plz.

Fish & chips or Burger & chips  ;-)
  • edited November 2013
    last longer please
  • edited November 2013
    In longer please!
  • edited November 2013
    last longer please!!
  • edited November 2013
    All right, three varied yes/no questions:

1)      You make a deal with the devil, whereby you can win the Main Event at the World Series of Poker, but after the last hand on the final table you are never allowed to play the game again. Do you take the deal? 

2)      Would you exchange one night of passion with a celebrity of your choice – the details of which would be heavily documented by the media, and make all your friends jealous, and bring you global fame... for never being with another woman for the rest of your days? 

3)      A genie gives you the option to body-swap with Richard Orford for one year, after which you will return as Stapes with all the wealth you could want, and all the women you can handle for the rest of your life. The proviso: during those twelve months nobody suspects a thing, or you will remain – forever - as Richard.
  • edited November 2013
    All right, three varied yes/no questions: 1)       You make a deal with the devil, whereby you can win the Main Event at the World Series of Poker, but after the last hand on the final table you are never allowed to play the game again. Do you take the deal?   2)       Would you exchange one night of passion with a celebrity of your choice – the details of which would be heavily documented by the media, and make all your friends jealous, and bring you global fame... for never being with another woman for the rest of your days?   3)       A genie gives you the option to body-swap with Richard Orford for one year, after which you will return as Stapes with all the wealth you could want, and all the women you can handle for the rest of your life. The proviso: during those twelve months nobody suspects a thing, or you will remain – forever - as Richard.
    Posted by Slipwater
    Excellent.

Point of note- he'll instantly get all the women he can handle anyway if he swaps with me. Perhaps you need to think of a greater incentive. ;-) 
  • edited November 2013
    can you put me in the last longer please  im in the main and the mini for the first time
    not that it will make much difference as im probably the worst player on the site
    have good show john delarmi aka del19

• edited November 2013
    last longer please!!
  • edited November 2013

More yes/no questions to Stapes please!

• edited November 2013
    Hi Guys

hope you have a great show, 2 questions for stapes:

1. Apart from himself would you rate Richard as the best sky presenter at playing poker?
    2. Do you ever lie?

Last longer please

Thanks

Oban

• edited November 2013
    In for Last Longer please :D
  • edited November 2013
    Hi everyone,

First time poster on the forum. Been on the site a few weeks now and really enjoying it.

Satellited in to the Turbo tonight so please enter me for the last longer. The only other time I made it to a  ME I went out first hand with AK so hopefully will make it to hand 2.

Have  great Show.

Richard AKA Miragerich

Last longer please
  • edited November 2013

To Joe (quickfire) ...

Is Phil Hellmuth good for poker?

Have you ever been on the London eye?

Have you ever enjoyed a peanut butter and JAM sandwich?

Is it better to be overweight than underweight?

Do you like Justin Beiber?

Could you beat 300nl 6max cash games on Sky?

Do you like Justin Beibers music?

Do you think you are more attractive to women than Richard Orford?

Will you be commentating on poker in 10 years?

Do you think the November 9 thing is a good idea?

Are you fed up of my questions yet?

Can you do a 1 handed press-up?

Have you ever cashed in an online tournament for more than $15,000?

If you sat down in 'the big game' do you think you would have an edge?

Have you ever asked Liv Boeree out on a date?

Did she say yes?

Do we have to go to a break now?

Ok, best of luck with the rest of the show.

In for the last longer please.
  • edited November 2013
    Question to annoy stapes. 

How many Premiership football(soccer) clubs have the word "The" in their name? 

• edited November 2013
    last longer plz
  • edited November 2013
    is american comedy funnier then british comedy   

• edited November 2013
    Last longer please.
  • edited November 2013

IN LAST LONGER PLEASE 
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: LIVE TONIGHT on 861 with Rich and Joe ***with Last Longer competition for Thursday night main event seat***:
    To Joe (quickfire) ... Is Phil Hellmuth good for poker? Have you ever been on the London eye? Have you ever enjoyed a peanut butter and JAM sandwich? Is it better to be overweight than underweight? Do you like Justin Beiber? Could you beat 300nl 6max cash games on Sky? Do you like Justin Beibers music? Do you think you are more attractive to women than Richard Orford? Will you be commentating on poker in 10 years? Do you think the November 9 thing is a good idea? Are you fed up of my questions yet? Can you do a 1 handed press-up? Have you ever cashed in an online tournament for more than $15,000? If you sat down in 'the big game' do you think you would have an edge? Have you ever asked Liv Boeree out on a date? Did she say yes? Do we have to go to a break now? Ok, best of luck with the rest of the show. In for the last longer please.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    in DOHHHHHHHH's questions he has put the word jam in CAPITALS, whereas everything else is beautifully presented in very correct english.

do you know why DOHHHHHHHH is shouting out the word jam
    does anyone know why he is shouting out the word jam
    does even DOHHHHHHHH know why he is shouting out jam

I could maybe understand it if he had said peanut butter AND jam to accentuate the combination, but just JAM???

• edited November 2013
    Because the word that the Americans use for what we call jam isn't "Jam"