You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How would you play this hand

edited November 2013 in The Poker Clinic
On the river, would you be check raising this?

Computer was really lagging, just noticed i donk bet.

Looks ok to the river, player will call down light, had a note on them saying take to value town.

Call river bet, or raise?
rtikins Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £36.46
LARSON7 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £20.46
  Your hole cards

dctmjb24 Call   £0.10 £0.25 £4.75
? Raise   £0.20 £0.45 £21.85
ertikins Call   £0.15 £0.60 £36.31
LARSON7 Call   £0.10 £0.70 £20.36
dctmjb24 Call   £0.10 £0.80 £4.65
Flop

• A

ertikins Check        
LARSON7 Bet   £0.60 £1.40 £19.76
dctmjb24 Fold        
? Call   £0.60 £2.00 £21.25
ertikins Fold        
Turn

• Q

LARSON7 Bet   £1.00 £3.00 £18.76
? Raise   £2.00 £5.00 £19.25
LARSON7 Call   £1.00 £6.00 £17.76
River

• Q

LARSON7 Check        
? Bet   £3.00 £9.00 £16.25
LARSON7 Call   £3.00

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Almost the worst flush on a paired board? Not sure how much value there is in raising, but if notes say otherwise then fill your boots.

Fold pre btw.
  • edited November 2013
    Hey HH

Interesting you reckon it's a fold, quite a nice hand to see a flop with from BB and only costing 1bb, with 4 other players involved.
  • edited November 2013
    You're not closing the action though Henrik.

Yeah it's a nice hand and can flop well I suppose. But it can also get you in a bit of bother.

I don't think it's bad chucking in the extra BB, just not sure that's the right play long term innit.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: How would you play this hand:
    Almost the worst flush on a paired board? Not sure how much value there is in raising, but if notes say otherwise then fill your boots. Fold pre btw.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    NIT.

We arent going to get attached to a 4 on a 4QJ flop.  We can easily let it go.  We are super deep and these hands play well multiway when there is potential to flop a monster with a number of flush/straight combos/2 pairs to worthy a call.

I call river.  Last thing I want to do is raise and see them click it back again.  Its a flush... but as Harry says its a paired board and its the lowest flush possible.  I suppose if notes say he will call with worse then it might be +ev long term to raise... but theyd have to be mighty good notes.
  • edited November 2013
    fold pre just lol never fold pre negranu plays these against a massive raise coz u can crush big hands 
  • edited November 2013
    why do you donk out? what do you think it achieves?

turn is a slam dunk check/calculate (that is check and calculate your odds if villain bets)

• edited November 2013
    Ok, Ok, peel away!

I was only saying fold pre as we weren't closing the action, but I suppose the limper is unlikely to backraise us.