You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

is this correct play in long run?

edited November 2013 in The Poker Clinic
bacteria Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £18.10
HarryUrz Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £29.40
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • K

NIBBS69 Call  £0.30 £0.75 £15.19
rancid Fold     
mrdavies Raise  £1.20 £1.95 £41.18
jackl Call  £1.20 £3.15 £28.94
bacteria Fold     
HarryUrz Call  £0.90 £4.05 £28.50
NIBBS69 Call  £0.90 £4.95 £14.29
Flop

• J

HarryUrz Check     
NIBBS69 Check     
mrdavies Bet  £3.00 £7.95 £38.18
jackl Raise  £11.21 £19.16 £17.73
HarryUrz All-in  £28.50 £47.66 £0.00
NIBBS69 Fold     
mrdavies All-in  £38.18 £85.84 £0.00
jackl All-in  £17.73 £103.57 £0.00
mrdavies Unmatched bet  £12.24 £91.33 £12.24
HarryUrz Show

mrdavies Show
  • Q
  • K

jackl Show

Turn

River

mrdavies Win Flush to the King £89.53

Without being result orientated.
I know im up and down a 2nd nut FD but is this the right play ?

I thought at the time -

good chance im up against NFD - so behind if that hits

against a set im behind

2 pair on flop im behind?

Having taken all this into account I still called lol, but I just couldn't fold.

what would you do??

Comments

• edited November 2013
    basically, if I come across a similar situation again, should I get the money in again?!!
  • edited November 2013
    You'd need to chop my fingers off before I fold that flop!

Did you not have a little glow inside when it fell?! 

Someone better at maths will be able to answer properly but even vs a set you still have loads of equity. 
  • edited November 2013
    oh ye lol, when the flop come couldn't have come much better, but once everyone started coming along I started thinking NFD etcc

couldn't believe it held up mind u :-)
  • edited November 2013

the one who check raised is a 50/50 and you will be behind him but each have similar numbers of out, if  he has set or 2 pair you hand 4 aces and nines plus 8 clubs, if it's the nut flush draw then you might not have the clubs but you would have 3 kings and queens as outings and he would only have 6 clubs to win (7 if he has A9s).

as for the guy on did the raise in position he could just have TPTK

edit: so yeh it was a call any day the worst case would be both hands have set and Axs but still have a minimum of 7 outs

• edited November 2013
    Never ever folding this flop this deep. Really wanna get it in now where your equity is at the max.
  • edited November 2013
    Just FYI

Even if they show you 55 and JT (so you're against 2pr AND a set)... you're still 45% favourite to win compared to the set being 38% and the 2pr only being 17%

The price we'll get in a 3way all in is ALWAYS gonna be good enough if we're anywhere close to 50/50.

The main thing that would kill your hand would be someone having the NFD but I just think this'll happen so rarely in comparison to the other hands you'll see, it's not worth worrying about. Like they'd have to have Ac obv, but they can't have AK/AQ cos you got KQcc, they can't have AT cos the Tc is out, they can't have A5 cos 5c is out, so how many AcXc hands are really left, well 8 in total, and I'm not even sure all 8 of them would make it to the flop
  • edited November 2013
    GAMBLE GAMBLE! I ain't folding for 100bb on this flop (especially three way) you can't be dead and you have at worse case scenario 8 outs!

NH!! 
  • edited November 2013
    its standard lol  u aint in bad shape vs a set   still would be a flip im snap shoving all day long
  • edited November 2013
    GAMBLE GAMBLE! I ain't folding for 100bb on this flop (especially three way) you can't be dead and you have at worse case scenario 8 outs!

NH!! 

id go all in 400 bb deep here its best case scenario we have so many outs its unfricking real 
  • edited November 2013
    Thanks for all that.

I have decided I will be snapping similar situaion again!