You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

***** TV HAND REQUESTS - 14TH NOVEMBER *****

edited November 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Hi Everyone,

If you've got a hand that you'd like to be analysed on TV during the Poker Clinic at 8pm on Thursday, please post it on this thread!

We can only show hands from cash tables or tournaments that have a TV icon next to them

All we need is the hand ID and a bit of information about where the hand is from, some background information, and your specific questions for our poker experts!

If you can do that for us, we'll do our best to get your hand shown on Channel 861.

All the best

Louis

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Any requests for the clinic tonight?
  • edited November 2013

£55 Speed BH at 10:30 on the 12th November.

The villain limps into my BB which means his range is fairly wide.  He leads the flop, which usually means he has something (at minimum a draw).  I call, and then he min bets the turn.  I decide that he has an average holding.  Possibly second or third pair... possibly a draw, or even a combination of both.  Is my raise OK here to charge for draws or should I just be flatting?

Either way he comes along for the ride... and the river pairs the board.  Given that the 9 is part of his range here and no draws came in, I can safely say that the only hands i could be called by which I beat is a 10x hand.  A lot of Kx hands beat me or is a split pot.  9x now beats me... and if I was correct in thinking he had a draw he's not going to call.

Question is, should I be betting for value on the end here?

Value bet would be quite thin but i feel like I missed out given villains cards.

• edited November 2013
    Master Cash 6.

How much should I bet on the river?

2 reasons why i potted

1. incase he had the 9, which I had put him on.
    2. I tried to play it like a FD / STR8 Draw and repped missing both on the end to get a call from matbe high card or weak pair.

My other option was, maybe he had missed all his draws and to bet maybe £3 to look like i was stealing and induce a re raise - Just want to know how to get paid on the end, he may well of had nothing and i was never getting paid.
  • edited November 2013
    Thanks guys! Any more hand requests for the show tonight?
  • edited November 2013
    Hand History #710242293 Master Cash 1, What is the best way to play flush draws, how much should i be betting on the turn herE?
  • edited November 2013
    hand history #709685697
    turbo BH mini

when he does the donk bet on the flop am I correct to raise or would most hands that hit the board going for a check raise.

so was he just thinking I was another position hand.