You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hennessy Gold Cup

edited November 2013 in Betting Chat
dont forget the ten to follow neil. Are you sure On his own trained by nicholls now

Comments

• edited November 2013
    I've ran well past week or so... Golf winner... Acca winner... So I've had a decent lump on my old mate On His Own for the Hennessy. I'm CONVINCED its a well hcp'd horse over fences, and more importantly, his trainer thinks so too... 20/1 was too tempting...... 

This may sound like déjà vous, but with the same owner having the poss top weight Tiday Bay in the race, my horse may get in carrying only 10st 4ib ish.......

Into the well we go again........
  • edited November 2013
    ok no value but Invictus for me in Hennessy. If he is back to his best and King says he is he will walk it.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Hennessy Gold Cup:
    dont forget the ten to follow neil. Are you sure On his own trained by nicholls now
    Posted by vaigret
    Wd Terry, just making sure u were paying attention lol..... Original post edited and now correct....

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Hennessy Gold Cup : Wd Terry, just making sure u were paying attention lol..... Original post edited and now correct....
    Posted by joesman1
    im a pedantic bug ger Neil, couldnt resist LOL
  • edited November 2013
    Gl with this again joesman1, but i feel they will go and have another crack in national.

Invictus, is the best weighted horse in this, as last seen beat gold cup hero BOBS WORTH, but the doubt is the 2 year lay off since (and all value gone now as only 7/1)

So i will go with HIGHLAND LODGE, cracking 2nd to STANDING OVATION 1st  time up (trying to concede 26lb, only beaten by 1 3/4l), next time STANDING OVATION romped home in the badger ales trophy off rating 120.

HIGHLAND LODGE was a frustring animal last year (novice year), but 136 is a great rating to work with.

Gl with your pick, but feel strongly, they will wait till april next year again.
  • edited November 2013
    Gl with this again joesman1, but i feel they will go and have another crack in national. Invictus, is the best weighted horse in this, as last seen beat gold cup hero BOBS WORTH, but the doubt is the 2 year lay off since (and all value gone now as only 7/1) So i will go with HIGHLAND LODGE, cracking 2nd to STANDING OVATION 1st  time up (trying to concede 26lb, only beaten by 1 3/4l), next time STANDING OVATION romped home in the badger ales trophy off rating 120. HIGHLAND LODGE was a frustring animal last year (novice year), but 136 is a great rating to work with. Gl with your pick, but feel strongly, they will wait till april next year again.
    Posted by ms-tree
    Thanks Ms-tree.... But Mullins stated in this years Stable Tour that he bypassed multiple chances to win big races last year to protect On His Own's hcp mark, and that he wouldn't waste another season doing the same this year. Same goes for Prince De Beauchene.
  • edited November 2013
    Hennessy week arrived.... Phew still in at the 5 day stage. Noticed one of the Racing Post Monday Jury Team tipped my fancy. I strongly believe Tom Segal will tip it up as his Pricewise Selection on Saturday. Means nothing other than its price will collapse. 
  • edited November 2013
    Nice to read Mullins keeping On His Own back for the Beechers Chase next w/e.... Grrrrrrr!!! Oh well, nothing else I can do, but take the 12/1 on offer for that now. Thanks.
  • edited November 2013
    I see also entered in welsh national on 28th december, off 144 good handicap mark, as when backed for grand national was running off 148, still fell that this horse will be plotted again with national in mind, as handicap mark is slipping, could run in grand national off 140 on the day (would be 8lb lower in weights then last 2 years)

But we will see, has had his usual prep hurdle run, so does look like they are preserving chase mark again joe!!!

Gl but i will be backing e/w in grand national as like you last year, i do feel this horse will run a big race in the race (if stays on feet)  trading at 49/1 on betfair, very tempted,  i do like chances on LONG RUN in national (but will have big weight and very doubtful that he could jump well enogh, and do not like horses having first look at this fences, even if they are easier to jump now-days) 

ON HIS OWN e/w grand national 49/1 betfair.

gl all having a bet
  • edited November 2013
    I see that mullins does have PRINCE DE Beauchene and BACK IN FOCUS in the race.

Prince de beauchene i feel is very high at weights, but did win nice race over course in 2011, but not for me.

Back in focus is current fav with most firms, would be intressting to see if this horse runs in the race, as won the 4m novice chase at cheltenham in march, but again looks high in weights, and not seen aintree fences before.

Out of all mullins horses i am sure ON HIS OWN will be his main national horse, but only time will  see.

Gl if having a ante post bet on this.
  • edited November 2013
    U might be right Ms-tree, but I couldn't watch the Beechers Chase next week with it running and not be on him. 
  • edited November 2013
    lord windermere for me in the hennesy