You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

It's Thurs Night Live on CH861 and SS4 with Fowler and RyRy 7pm ****official show thread*****

edited November 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi,

It's your UKOPS winning casher....oh have we stopped talking about this now.. (move on Fowler)
Moving on to a 12k SkySports Bounty Hunter night of action with Rylan Spittles and myself from 8-midnight.

7pm-8pm – Tonight on Sky Poker – Live Master Cash action

8pm-9pm – Poker Clinic – Requested hands from you the viewers. Send in the hand ID and where it came from 

9pm-10pm – Top of the Pots – Top 10 biggest pots of the week from the  TV Master Cash tables

10pm-11pm – Sky Poker UKPC Super sat – Live satellite coverage

11pm-12pm – Sky Poker Highlights  – Highlights from the late stages of the £12K Sky Sports Bounty Hunter.

Up for discussion tonight people, and best contribution will win a prize... (before 10pm)

Your Poker: which one and why?

Heart or Head?

Money or glory?

Cash or tournament?

skyopen@bskyb.com

See ya'll soon, good luck in the main event, 

Anna min cash Fowler, and Brian Spittles

xx

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Don't be dissin' the name Brian, Anna Banana!

Follow your heart; go for glory; take down the tournament!

Cheers,
    Brian

x
  • edited November 2013
    Well done on your min cash Anna, those lessons off Tikay are paying dividends then ?????

Be a head (ahead)
    In the money
    At a tounament

JPW
  • edited November 2013

Heart 

glory

tournament

Why erm... Well tournament wins are awesome, and thats the glory talking over the money. And where would we be without just a little bit of love, so need the heart :) 

• edited November 2013
    This hand was on the show thread on Sunday. Posted by RUBLUFFFINN

"Hand Request

Mini Main yesterday (Saturday 9/11/13)

i know this was a yesterday tournament but was wondering have i done the right thing here? like i said quite new playing on sky and it was just after the bubble and i probably did have enough chips here to try and force way into top 10? main question to you guys is would you play this hand any different no matter how much your playing for in tournament play? any tips always going to be helpful as i want to start finishing top 10's in mini events so that i can build bank roll and then play main events. really good show tonight and really helpful talking through some of the hands. (That compliment was obviously for James and Stuart. Sorry Anna and Ryan. lol)
    this is a general question just thought this hand is a good example of what im trying to ask."
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to It's Thurs Night Live on CH861 and SS4 with Fowler and RyRy 7pm ****official show thread*****:
    Hi, It's your UKOPS winning casher....oh have we stopped talking about this now.. (move on Fowler) Moving on to a 12k SkySports Bounty Hunter night of action with Rylan Spittles and myself from 8-midnight. 7pm-8pm  – Tonight on Sky Poker – Live Master Cash action   8pm-9pm  – Poker Clinic – Requested hands from you the viewers. Send in the hand ID and where it came from  9pm-10pm  – Top of the Pots – Top 10 biggest pots of the week from the  TV Master Cash tables   10pm-11pm  – Sky Poker UKPC Super sat – Live satellite coverage   11pm-12pm  – Sky Poker Highlights  – Highlights from the late stages of the £12K Sky Sports Bounty Hunter.   Up for discussion tonight people, and best contribution will win a prize... (before 10pm)   Your Poker: which one and why? Heart or Head? Money or glory? Cash or tournament? skyopen@bskyb.com See ya'll soon, good luck in the main event,  Anna min cash Fowler, and Brian Spittles xx
    Posted by MissFowler
    Heart or Head?  I've got a really inappropriate response to this question... but i'll refrain.  Obviously head ;)

Money or Glory? - Money.  Id rather be making money from poker to spend on other things than win one big event, but still be a losing player.  Poker is a means to an end, and i dont need my name up in lights... although if that happened itd be an added bonus :)

Cash or Tournament?  Nothing better than winning a tournament.  Although the rush in a big pot in cash can be equally as fun... however its less of a competition as you can stand up whenever.  I like winning things.  Tournaments for me.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: It's Thurs Night Live on CH861 and SS4 with Fowler and RyRy 7pm ****official show thread*****:
    In Response to It's Thurs Night Live on CH861 and SS4 with Fowler and RyRy 7pm ****official show thread***** : Heart or Head?  I've got a really inappropriate response to this question... but i'll refrain.  Obviously head ;) Posted by gazza127
    ...shock ;)
  • edited November 2013
    Now for a hand request of my very own.

#705178681 (01:15 31/10/2013) Master Cash 4

A bit of background: I've managed to secure the best position on the easy mark at the table. However, this hand is against a different player: Jac35.

Jac's open is not what I'd perceive to be a very narrow range and I'm happy to peel pre-flop to play in position and make some lairy moves post-flop. It's been a fun game and folding five-high just seems far too nitty.

I get a dream flop and suddenly I don't need to make any fancy moves. I raise the c-bet, representing air which I think makes up a large portion of my perceived range. When the 3-bet comes in, I don't think it makes sense. Either it's a very big hand, like a set, or it's air. Surely an overpair wouldn't 3-bet here against the range I'm representing?

I flat to give Jac the chance to barrel the turn. I'm only afraid of a 3 or a 4, though an Ace may hurt my action.

The turn is not the best of cards and when Jac checks to me I can't see that any bet can be called by worse hands. I don't want to fold out Jac's bluffs and I'm happy to bluff-catch most rivers. Thoughts on that?

The river is where things get very interesting. It's a horrible card for my hand. My question is; Can I bluff-raise here?

Even though my raise would be pretty small, I'm doing a pretty good job of representing a full house. The only Ace in my range is A4 and I think Jac could easily fold an Ace himself. He'd only be hoping for a chop against a raise-sizing that shouldn't look like a bluff... I definitely get him off any overpairs, which presumably makes a raise better than a bluff-catching call.

Thanks for your thoughts Brian.
  • edited November 2013
    Sorry for the long question, Anna.
  • edited November 2013
    Money or glory?

Well, I can't be playing for the money, that's for sure: The milk I had on my cereal this morning was out of date two days ago.

So yeah, I do it for the "glory" of losing on the micro stakes cash tables.

Heart or head?

I don't like anybody or anything. Obviously that means I play with my head.

Cash or tournament?

I can lose so much more quickly at the cash tables. None of that frustrating drip, drip, drip you get with MTT buy-ins. In Cash you can lose it all in five minutes. No waiting.

Little bit of sarcasm in there. Hope you spotted it. :)

Have a great show Ryan and Chewbacca.
  • edited November 2013
    Can i request this for the poker clinic

From master cash table 1. Spoke with a friend over this hand and they think my flop and turn sizing is incorrect. 
  • edited November 2013
    evening,
    money or glory?

money- I was very highly addicted to gambling in the past spending lots on either the lottery, Irish lottery or slot machines but it was costing me far to much money and was just pure luck. then i tried a bit of poker for free and saw a new form of gambling that involved more than luck. so with my disabilities making jobs even harder than they already are i decided to turn to this.

head or heart?

head- i can go a step too far with my feelings so the heart would cause lots of problems. also i always like to solve problems and learn things anything that has strategy and planning. the perfect to use in poker.

cash or tournaments?

cash- i have lost my winnings far to much from MTTs now so they have become limited number per week. cash is my main form of poker for money purposes
  • edited November 2013
    Evening Both,

Definitely head, I'm a very logical person... I rarely do all this 'feeling' lark.

Money all day... but can I have both plz

Tournament just cos 1 MTT win could be life changing and there's no better feeling in poker than taking an MTT down.

========================================================

Got a hand from last night's Mini that I posted in my diary

Hand History #710001643 (20:40 13/11/2013)

People on my diary generally agreed that we have to donk the flop and with all our equity gotta barrel the turn. What do you think about the river? My thinking at the time was that every draw missed except 9T and he can still have some smaller pairs that didn't like the turn and river. I did go on the small side but that's cos I figured he's probably either calling or not, regardless of sizing (within reason), so think I might as well make it as cheap as possible for myself cos he'll still fold FDs and probably 7x, maybe 8x to this size.

Do you agree for flop and turn, and what do you think about the river? Fine? Bigger? Or just give up?

• edited November 2013

in last longer please
  • edited November 2013
    Prize for best contribution is for a free seat into tomorrow nights main event :)
  • edited November 2013
    Have sent MrsH to Westfields,

......so no CorrieEndersDancinginJungleFactorAbbey TONIGHT!!

I CAN WATCH SHOW GREAT!!!!!!

Heart or Head? 
            Heart!!! Anna & RyRy on, XX

Money or glory?
            Glory!! I canna win cash

Cash or tournament? 
            MTT!!! Safer for me, wait for some paint, close my eyes, & keep raising!!!!!

pleeeessseeee...Music background request!!
    [Sarah C. can sort]

.....Brown-Eyed Girl, Van Morrison 

".......Do you remember when, Sha lalala..lalala.... "

LOL XxX

THE SQUADDIES SAY HI BOTH, GL!!

BIG SHOUT PLEASE to All Squaddies & Guests playing in FIRST HITSQUAD POKR TOUR EVENT at Alea Glasgow sat 2pm,
     [any local Sky Players welcome to turn up!!]
  • edited November 2013
    Head - you can always get another heart!

Glory - Money comes and goes,  Glory stays!

Cash - After all, it's MUCH easier to move from cash to tournament!  Let the flaming begin!

Have a good show guys, 
    I'll be listening...Got probs with video card on lappy so nothing on screen so I'll be playing ALL my poker blind tonite....i've pumped up the volume tho!
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: It's Thurs Night Live on CH861 and SS4 with Fowler and RyRy 7pm ****official show thread*****:
    Head - you can always get another heart! Glory - Money comes and goes,  Glory stays! Cash - After all, it's MUCH easier to move from cash to tournament!  Let the flaming begin! Have a good show guys,  I'll be listening...Got probs with video card on lappy so nothing on screen so I'll be playing ALL my poker blind tonite....i've pumped up the volume tho!
    Posted by Glenelg
    Like this Pad!!
  • edited November 2013
    THE SQUADDIES SAY HI BOTH, GL!!

BIG SHOUT PLEASE to All Squaddies & Guests playing in FIRST HITSQUAD POKER TOUR EVENT at Alea Glasgow sat 2pm,

[any local Sky Players welcome to turn up!!]

TY Rab & Carl for organising!!!
  • edited November 2013
    Heart - Simply because I cannot use my head. 
    Money - because money can also bring you glory.
    MTT - It's IMO the harder to win alot of money from than it is cash as you can walk away. 

Have a great show Anna and Vicar Spittles
  • edited November 2013
    Hi Anna u hotty and Scoty not too hotty but sick at the pokerz!
    Great show so far!

Heart or Head?

I don't have a heart, I am heartless and have a swinging brick and I'm from Birmingham so pretty thick, so neither! It's all about the cards.

Money or glory?

Money pleeeeeeease

Cash or tournament?

Tournaments are the nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do ok in mtts but I prefer cash games even though in a cash spewer!!!
  • edited November 2013

What is the relationship between the Poker Clinic and Switzerland?

Is there some sort of sponsorship agreement?

• edited November 2013
    hey guys great show so far anna looking great as always like the matching background an dress :)

Heart or Head? well my head just because i wear my heart on my sleeve 

Money or glory? glory because if you take down a major tourny like the wsop people will know who you are you will all so be in the history books the money will be just a bounes 

Cash or tournament? tournaments because i seem to be better at tournys than cash seeem to lose all in all my cash game lol 

• edited November 2013

Hey Anna and ryan great show so far :)

My Poker?

Heart - I play with my heart because the most important thing is the love that people bring to the game. I believe if u aint got ur heart in the game ur not gonna enjoy it much and u wont win often.

glory - I play for glory as ur more likely to win if its glory ur looking for.

I ALSO LOOK FOR GLORY WHEN PLAYING LIVE AGAINST MY PARTNER THE_DON90 AS I LIKE BEATING HIM WHEN I DO :)

Cash - I mostly play cash as im more likely to get more money :) rather than tournements when only a percentage get paid.

lol_i_call aka mel 

also good luck to everyone playing tonight :)

• edited November 2013
    HEAD   TREAT IT LIKE A BUISNESS

MONEY WELL A GIRLS GOT TO MAKE A LIVING

CASH NO CREDIT CARDS EXCEPTED

HAVE A NICE SHOW EVERYBODY

GOOD LUCK TO ONE AND ALL ON THE TABLES

ALY
  • edited November 2013
    Anna, I'm sorry I didn't send in a hand involving you.... I just couldn't find any.

You're obviously afraid of getting pwned by me at the tables. Explains why I haven't seen you back on there. :)
  • edited November 2013
    Trust me Anna... i didnt say my inappropriate my answer :)

Keep up the good work guys
  • edited November 2013
    Trust me Anna... i didnt say my inappropriate my answer :) Keep up the good work guys
    Posted by gazza127
    I assume Ryan's inappropriate remark was around the "Money or glory" question... Your "head or heart" comment would probably have a similar theme, I would imagine.
  • edited November 2013

9:56 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 434 581 161 37  
    left 67 158 5    

arc2arc 13 83      
    marshall11 14 66      
    anoncowboy 21 135      
    chicknMelt 34 129      
    shirley02 58 42      

• edited November 2013
    Hello Anna and RyRy I hope the show gets better.
    I play poker with my heart because it can take bad beats better than my head can.
    I play for the money because it makes me feel glorious.
    I like mtt's cash and stt's equally and have made a small profit for the last 4 years at all 3. 
    And would like to thank Sky poker for all that I have learnt to improve my game has come from watching the shows.

• edited November 2013

Don't be knocking Blackpool. Our beaches have just been passed as "Safe" to bathe in for the first time in eight years.

Yeah! That's you told!!!