You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Multitabling

edited November 2013 in Poker Chat
With the standard of poker onine ever increasing, I think the days of being able to 16 table and still make a profit are gone.. agree?

there was an article in bluff magazine recently that asked pro grinders how many tables they play... the general answer was 6-8 mostly, with beasts like moorman and calvin anderson still managing 12 or so, where they used to play 16+  ...the general consensus was that poker is harder now, so you need to take every available spot, and take time with your decisions and bet sizing etc.

has anyone actually analysed where their table sweetspot is?
how many tables to you play?
how do you decide how many to play?

Comments

• edited November 2013
    I generally play 6-9 tables on sky now... dammit...my options are 5-8 and 9-12 lol. ..5-8 it is then
  • edited November 2013
    I am woeful at multi tabling. I find that if I slightly lose concentration on one table it instantly scrambles my sense of awareness on all tables. Two is where im comfortable. Pathetic, but true.
  • edited November 2013
    More to the point i play to enjoy, can anyone enjoy playing 9/12 tables...? One good thing you wouldn't have time to see the bad beats.......lol
  • edited November 2013
    Used to play a 12 tables for a while but I don't think it was optimal, still think I was deffo a winning player 12tabling but what I sacrificed in edge probably wasn't made up for by squeezing in a few extra tables.

Now I tend to float around the 6-9 tables mark and feel like I'm a lot more able to pick up on things with this number.
  • edited November 2013
    Comfortable at 6-8. Still enough time to think decisions through adequately at that level. 

9-10 starts to get a little frantic and at 12 my PC occasionally lags and times me out so not worthwhile.
  • edited November 2013
    when i play on sky which is not very often these days i cant play any more than 6 tables simulataniously due to the software problems i allways have but to be honest 6 is my most comfortable number, i tend to play 12 simultaniously on other sites no problem though with the use of a hud to help me. i dont no what the average tournaments per day some pros play but ive seen some on 2+2 playing over 40 tournaments a day so i would think they would have to 12 table at the least. i would hate to see these guys diet and lifestyle, i bet its disgusting.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Multitabling:
    when i play on sky which is not very often these days i cant play any more than 6 tables simulataniously due to the software problems i allways have but to be honest 6 is my most comfortable number, i tend to play 12 simultaniously on other sites no problem though with the use of a hud to help me. i dont no what the average tournaments per day some pros play but ive seen some on 2+2 playing over 40 tournaments a day so i would think they would have to 12 table at the least. i would hate to see these guys diet and lifestyle, i bet its disgusting.
    Posted by THEROCK573

When I was grinding stars I was playing 35 tourneys a day on average, I was getting no exercise not eating at all and was in a horrible mood all day long, felt so sorry for my missus I was an absolute nightmare and depressed as hell !!! hence the massive downswing !! never again !!!!!
  • edited November 2013
    Although I can play 8 plus if I wanted, I do find the win rate drops the more tables I play. 4 is definitely my comfort zone!
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Multitabling : When I was grinding stars I was playing 35 tourneys a day on average, I was getting no exercise not eating at all and was in a horrible mood all day long, felt so sorry for my missus I was an absolute nightmare and depressed as hell !!! hence the massive downswing !! never again !!!!!
    Posted by K8LOU
    not doin that deal no more...? what happened ?
  • edited November 2013
    I used to play 24 but only can manage 20 now :( game is tough :D

<3 THREAD
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Multitabling : not doin that deal no more...? what happened ?
    Posted by LnarinOO

Yeh mate just moved to another site

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Multitabling : not doin that deal no more...? what happened ?
    Posted by LnarinOO

Take a peak at my sharkscope mate, chiptease301, I still want to go back to stars eventually but not until I can try and get my head round the bigger fields.... PKR, enjoying it sooooo much more and im actually making money again
  • edited November 2013
    mtt or cash
    mtts being more complex prefer not to have 6 or more
    whereas cash easier to go higher
  • edited November 2013
    mtt or cash mtts being more complex prefer not to have 6 or more whereas cash easier to go higher
    Posted by GELDY
    I feel like it's the opposite of this as the lower stack sizes in mtts means there are more spots that play themselves.

• edited November 2013
    I play 16-20 but I do like to watch tv, text and eat at the same time.
  • edited November 2013
    On sky my max is really 4 due to the software but I have played up to 12 sng tables on FT although I would say my optimal would be 5-6 for mtts and 7-8 for sngs, however I voted 3-4 as that is what I'm currently playing on sky.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Multitabling : Take a peak at my sharkscope mate, chiptease301, I still want to go back to stars eventually but not until I can try and get my head round the bigger fields.... PKR, enjoying it sooooo much more and im actually making money again
    Posted by K8LOU
    Timing is an art!
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Multitabling : Timing is an art!
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sorry but :)
  • edited November 2013
    I only play one table at a time. I have dabbled with two or three tables, but I do make mistakes when doing that so I'm sticking to what I'm best at for now. My plan is to slowly increase the amount of tables I'm on over the next year or so - but I want to develop my poker ability further before increasing table amount :-)