You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sats

edited November 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi all I just thought I would post and ask for thoughts on sats, I have played countless amounts of sats since I started out at poker but im begining to beleive they are putting a negative spin on my game, sounds strange ino but what I mean is say if you hammer the sats for 2 target events and dont get the seat I feel like my game is effected that night and Im not to botherd about the bread and butter mtts which I am confident of getting results in regularly, also even if I bink a seat to the target event as soon as I bust that event Im not too botherd about the standard mtts and my game must drop by at least 10 percente, any1 else have the same problems ???

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Sats are a different format. Its not unusual for an mtt grinder to struggle with them. 

I would recommend suggesting playing a few dyms a day and adapt a strat that works for that, mix it with your mtt game and that should work for sats. 

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Sats:
    Sats are a different format. Its not unusual for an mtt grinder to struggle with them.  I would recommend suggesting playing a few dyms a day and adapt a strat that works for that, mix it with your mtt game and that should work for sats. 
    Posted by The_Don90

I dont do too bad in sats tbh mate, apart from a horrible downswing iv just come off i just mean my overall game once i bust the target event or dont win a seat. Just reset my stats on sharkscope so I can start a fresh hopefully itll give me extra motivation to get were I want to be 

• edited November 2013
    In lower BI MTTs I have this problem aswell. If I bust a 33 and a 55 early, I dont tend to hang around for the mini or the £11's. Pathetic + massive leak I know. 
  • edited November 2013
    Im exactly the same :) eg Bust the main in 1st hour, you can guarentee I will be out of the mini within minutes...

Or say you have a deep run in the main, play for 3/4 hrs & finish 10th - 20th, you will win just over a min cash ?? You have had your eye on 1st prize however of £1500+ & then trying to win say £80 in another MTT is really hard. #nomotivation !!
  • edited November 2013
    I have struggled with this. Its a weakness IMO that you need to overcome... Chris Moorman said in an interview recently (this months bluff mag I think) that he motivates himself to concentrate on every tourney, whether its a $8 one or an $8k one... if a millionaire like moorman can motivate himself for an $8, then you should be able to aswell.

I'd try to think about them differently, dont think about the money, think about beating your opponents... you should be able to crush the lower buy ins right? ... bit embarassing if you dont then ;)
  • edited November 2013

Have you had a go of any of the live sats for circus' 20k mtt K8LOU?

There's one every Monday and the standard is really bad haha.

• edited November 2013
    Have you had a go of any of the live sats for circus' 20k mtt K8LOU? There's one every Monday and the standard is really bad haha.
    Posted by foldUfairy
    Haha already in mate, cant wait for it !!! u in ????
  • edited November 2013
    No I had a go on Monday, got down to like last 6 I think it was and got AJ in on an A high flop vs a FD an lost, I would of been 2nd in chips an defo think I would of locked a seat up.

There was 2 seats and a cash bubble for about £110 :(

Did you buy in or did you win a seat on Monday, was I playing with you haha?
  • edited November 2013
    No I had a go on Monday, got down to like last 6 I think it was and got AJ in on an A high flop vs a FD an lost, I would of been 2nd in chips an defo think I would of locked a seat up. There was 2 seats and a cash bubble for about £110 :( Did you buy in or did you win a seat on Monday, was I playing with you haha?
    Posted by foldUfairy

Haha I bought in mate, I missed the last 1 so I wanted to make sure Il be playing it, deffo wernt me.... but if you make it give us a shout and obv vul hope u run better in the next 1 !!! I might get up there ealy tho cos they have sats running on the day from 7 dont they ??? and its ppl just playing bingo so it could be worth a shot for the cash equivelent....

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Sats : Haha I bought in mate, I missed the last 1 so I wanted to make sure Il be playing it, deffo wernt me.... but if you make it give us a shout and obv vul hope u run better in the next 1 !!! I might get up there ealy tho cos they have sats running on the day from 7 dont they ??? and its ppl just playing bingo so it could be worth a shot for the cash equivelent....
    Posted by K8LOU
    8pm every Monday I think they start.
    Probably going to try again this Monday, i'd rather you not come though as you know what your doing haha.
    Defo want to play this though, iv'e never really played a live mtt with a decent prizepool and it's local.
    I'll give you a shout if I bink a seat anyway an hopefully see ya there next month.