You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL10: Dyson

edited November 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Missed you BL.

Think you've been owned on this river, looks like a merge to me ;)

Comments

• edited November 2013
    In a vacuum.

I know this line makes sense. Value bet flop and turn and check river to allow miss draws to bluff. Do you agree and is it going to be profitable enough against the NL10 "population"? Is the bet-size too valuey, even though it gives me such good odds?
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    BorinLoner Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £9.95
    Wham! Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £10.95
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • A

A-ha Fold     
    FlockOfSeagulls Call  £0.10 £0.25 £8.38
    DuranDuran Fold     
    Genesis Fold     
    BorinLoner Raise  £0.35 £0.60 £9.60
    Wham! Fold     
    FlockOfSeagulls Call  £0.30 £0.90 £8.08
    Flop

BorinLoner Bet  £0.50 £1.40 £9.10
    FlockOfSeagulls Call  £0.50 £1.90 £7.58
    Turn

BorinLoner Bet  £1.10 £3.00 £8.00
    FlockOfSeagulls Call  £1.10 £4.10 £6.48
    River

BorinLoner Check     
    FlockOfSeagulls Bet  £2.05 £6.15 £4.43
    BorinLoner Call  £2.05 £8.20 £5.95
  • edited November 2013
    at nl10 i just give up i think. 

• edited November 2013
    in the long run this is best to be folded.
  • edited November 2013
    Don't mind how you played the hand at all... don't even mind the call on the end, although sometimes this is a call and sometimes its not.  A lot of the time I give the villain credit, but on occassions villain bets an odd amount or has a time tell which I can use to find a call here.

His bet looks quite valuely so I might give him credit this time... but this is in a vacuum and obviously have no reads.

But yeah I play it the same but fold river occassionally.
  • edited November 2013
    So the logic here is:

Villain wouldn't be limp-calling pre-flop with JJ+ or AK.

So many draws on the flop and turn.

Passive pre-flop villain's tend not to value bet third pair or an underpair to the board.

So when the villain bets the river, he's likely to hold either a missed draw or a hand such as 9x, 88, TT or better. There are more missed drawing hands than there are big made hands. The bet is small but means I only have to beat 25% of his hands. I think I actually beat most of them.

The small bet does look valuey but there are so few value hands in his range and I've presented all the draws with such an obvious bluffing spot, I think I have to call.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: NL10: Dyson:
    So the logic here is: Villain wouldn't be limp-calling pre-flop with JJ+ or AK. So many draws on the flop and turn. Passive pre-flop villain's tend not to value bet third pair or an underpair to the board. So when the villain bets the river, he's likely to hold either a missed draw or a hand such as 9x, 88, TT or better. There are more missed drawing hands than there are big made hands. The bet is small but means I only have to beat 25% of his hands. I think I actually beat most of them. The small bet does look valuey but there are so few value hands in his range and I've presented all the draws with such an obvious bluffing spot, I think I have to call.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Im sure you told me elsewhere, how many villians bet missed draws at NL10

Neither of us where able to answer properly. 

Ifit wasnt you it was someone else in that call. 

• edited November 2013
    Another salient question would be "How many villains holding Ten-high are going to check back the river when presented with weakness?"

I have convinced myself that this check-call was fine since posting it. I thought it was fine at the time, tbh, then had doubts.
  • edited November 2013
    I think the whole line is fine.

FWIW, the river bet isn't that small, it's still 1/2 pot
  • edited November 2013
    i like the river play presuming youthink he checks back 7x otr
  • edited November 2013
    He calls you three times, then bets half-pot on the river when you've checked... I am inclined to think he has you here. It's surely a value bet. Or he has absolutely nothing.

But I think he has the goods. Probably A7 suited.
  • edited November 2013
    I did win the hand. I won't say what he had.
  • edited November 2013
    I take this line all the time vs lots of villains and it works a treat more often than not since the avg rec doesn't value bet thinly enough. Also I wouldn't be worried about bet-sizing unless we had a bet sizing tell. - it's half pot and lots of villains just click half pot when bluffing just as often as when they're value betting.