You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Interesting Hand, marginal call/ fold

edited November 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Interested on opinions here whether you think this is a call or fold on the turn,

Opponents range here is exclusivly Queens or Kings, maybe would have 5 bet kings? But it would still make sense to flat 4 bet.

You don't get much time on sky to think but i sigh called the turn bet, it was pretty marginal.

Opponent is a regular play across different mastercash tables!
LARSON7 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £19.45
largejoe Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £11.66
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

l Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £18.65
Beedis007 Fold        
BIGSHANN Fold        
x
Raise   £1.05 £1.50 £18.95
LARSON7 Raise   £3.25 £4.75 £16.20
largejoe Fold        
l2 Call   £3.00 £7.75 £15.65
x
Call   £2.25 £10.00 £16.70
Flop

• Q

LARSON7 Check        
l2 Check        
x Bet   £4.70 £14.70 £12.00
LARSON7 Call   £4.70 £19.40 £11.50
l Call   £4.70 £24.10 £10.95
Turn

LARSON7 Check        
l Check        
x All-in   £12.00 £36.10 £0.00
LARSON7 All-in   £11.50 £47.60 £0.00
l Fold    

Comments

• edited November 2013
    IF their range is genuinely KK/QQ then it's basically flipping whether you're crushing or being crushed and you have WAY better odds than 50/50 so have to call cos they'd probably take the exact same line with both hands.

I'd imagine they have AK in their range too although probably only take the line they have postflop with AKhh.
  • edited November 2013

There's one thing I'd like to clarify:

When you say the villain's range is exclusively QQ or KK, at what point do you have this read? Is that his range when he makes the 3-bet or when he flats your 4-bet?

If it's the latter, and he can only call your 4-bet with QQ or KK, then maybe we shouldn't be 4-betting. It's tough to play out of position, but we don't want to narrow our opponents' ranges down so much that we're only getting value from the very best few hands.

If our 4-bet is narrowing his range down to these hands, simply because it's so big, maybe that sizing is an issue.

If it's the former and we're narrowing his range down to QQ or KK for making the 3-bet... I almost think we should just 4-bet shove. That's a huge over-raise but if his range is already that narrow, why not? Certainly we can 4-bet bigger (Even though our 4-bet was a big one already).

Obviously the above doesn't consider the UTG raiser's range and the hands he'd fold, flat or 4-bet with himself. It's just an option to consider flatting here.

The 4-bet size is definitely something that needs justifying. It's pretty big. That's fine if you think one of the villain's will station you wide but you don't seem to think so. (You did get two calls, though, so... yey!)

Given your reads that villain can only have KK or QQ here and he does play post-flop exactly the same way with both, then Lambert's right; we can't fold. We actually are better than 50/50 because there are only 3 combinations of QQ the villain can have and 6 combinations of KK.

It's a pretty amazing read to think you can narrow his range down so much. I'd say that, if we can do so, we've probably made a mistake somewhere along the line.

• edited November 2013
    If we're not narrowing the villain's range to KK or QQ pre-flop, then we should definitely just bet this flop. If the villains have a wider range for flatting our 4-bet, this is a good flop to get value on.