You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Master Cash 19/12/09, Make Your Play TWO

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat

Two-Handed here, £0.50 £1, & we both have exactly £100 behind.

We have no info on Villain.

We (Hero) have As-7s, & we bet £3. BB Calls.

Flop Qd-Qs-5c

We Bet £3 (comment?), BB Calls £3.

Turn 2s, so it's now....

Qd-Qs-5c-2s

We now Bet £8, & BB Calls again......

River - Ks

So, it's Qd-Qs-5c-2s-Ks

So we Bet £20 now, but then.......BB shoves All-In for about £86!

Do we....

Call?

Fold?

Remember, it's not so much WHAt we do, as WHY.

Reply ON THREAD &/OR via e-Mail to the Show - skyopen@bskyb.com

Vote NOW!

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Got to call, cant play ace 7s HU, make the nut flush then pass.... if it was a double paired board then yeh...

Also the way the hand was played, hitting runner runner to make a flush, theres no way this guy can put us on the flush, and especially heads up, hes not gonna be worried about it. - He will re raise here with a queen, also its a good board for HIM to represent the flush too, flatting all the way, then the big bluff card comes, he could be making the move.

More than likely he has the queen, although he shud be raising the turn with a queen, flatting the flop is fine, as the bet was tiny, and useless.lol

If he has queen king - tough luck.

Call asap, only thing that wud stop me is mi connection going! - wudn't be the first time.

DOHH
  • edited December 2009
    Hmmmmm, interesting, why has villain smooth called, only to push at the end?, villain is either strong, or has air, I would be inclined to call so long as we have enough pull ups to cover even with the paired board, I dont think I beleive.
  • edited December 2009
    This is more debatable /w 4s3s. This is a snap call because he has trips some % of the time and also worse flushes.

Check back flop, we have backdoor equity and with no read's given, we cant expect villain to call /w K high or fold 22, and we have epic showdown value on a dry board thats going to get to showdwon cheaply quite alot.
  • edited December 2009
    we have to raise, yes the pot looks healthy and yes f house is out but weve commited half our stack, id push allin then re load when he shows quads..lol
  • edited December 2009
    Call

Nut flush HU is a big hand. He does not have to have the house. He probably only has trip queens and thinks it is still good. However, he may also have hit a flush because we have been pricing him in with our small ish bets.
  • edited December 2009
    Instant fold for me, I think we're dead. It's got house written all over it, we've put about 30 in and we are being asked to put another 70 in on a paired board. Only if i had some info on my opponent and i knew he was capable of making a big bluff like that would i even consider making this call.

If this player has trips he calls the 20 on the river, no way does this guy push all in over the top with trips unless he's a complete donkey, This is either a huge bluff or we're dead.

In The words of KGB 'I don't have the spades Mike'
  • edited December 2009
    he could be raising worse for value, call.
  • edited December 2009
    Im gonna say call,

I think he has trips and possibly AQ as he was calling the first 2 streets probably 99% certain he is ahead, Also it looks like the correct play for C-betting both streets therefore the big re-raise on the river is to try scare us off.
  • edited December 2009
    I reraise his all in.
  • edited December 2009
    Insta call. If we're folding nut flushes heads up, even on a singularly paired board, we might as well never bother walking out of the front door for fear of getting run over in my opinion
  • edited December 2009
    call the mofo he got queen jack lol
  • edited December 2009
    I fold ...but why did we bet 3 on the flop ..to find out where we were ? maybe !   the bet on the turn  is ok with nut flush draw .. and the bet on the river .. is ok .... but you have to pass to the all-in   
     After the the bet on the flop I would have checked the turn to see where  i was ....anyways , the key here is pre-flop ..villain called the opening bet of 3pound , so the possibility  with him smooth calling and you not checking to find out where you are leaves you vulnerable to any hand and  any bet on the river ... and KQ is a big possibility along with 55 22 KK being hands he could and would have smoothed called along with your pre flop , flop and turn bets, not to mention he could be holding QQ ! 
    So many players now use the 'C' bet "Continuation bet", however this hand is  a good  example of how it can get you into trouble .. checking may look weak but it's a way of getting your best knowledge on what the villain is up to... betting gets an answer but 3 bets  2 smooth calls  and  a push all-in after the river  tells me  I played the hand wrong .. if he's bluffing then so be it .. but likely he has the goods .. If I fold to the all-in  Ive played the hand right in the end  :)
     However ,I've  been wrong before !!     :))
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Master Cash 19/12/09, Make Your Play TWO:
    I reraise his all in.
    Posted by Machka
    Ha, won't you look silly when I 3-bet your re-raise of my all-in.
    Gotcha.
  • edited December 2009
    *grunch* (I've only really read the OP and none of the replies)

Hmmm...another teaser.

HU, I really can't see anything other than a call. Preflop action means nothing, he could have any 2. Post flop narrows his range slightly, but again I feel he could just be floating us as we're not likely to have a Q and he probably has outs if he has 2 cards higher than a 5.

The turn call makes me re-assess his range to 2 spade hands, the occasional Q slowplaying and maybe something like A-5. We're showing the aggression so far so nothing wrong with our play here. I'm not really worried about a Q in oppo's hand as I would expect them to raise here because of the flush draw.

The river is a gin card for us. We have the nut flush and all we are behind to is 55/22/QQ/KQ/Q5 and Q2, whereas we beat all other Q hands and all other 2 spade hands, which we have narrowed him down to...or the occasional air.

I'm rambling here but to sum it up: Call because more often than not he doesn't have a house, he's more likely to have trips or a lower flush.
  • edited December 2009
    you simply have to call.if you dont then you should not even be playing poker imo.also im not sure about the bet after the flop it seems a bit weak to represent
  • edited December 2009
    def call unless he is a total nit

of the hands he is shoving here, worse flushes, hands with just a queen, and total air, of course there is KQ raggy queens that house up we are ahead of the majority though so this is a good call most of the time,

you might also expect a 3 bet pre with KK KQ 55.