You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

200nl: making a stand

varney Small blind   £1.00 £1.00 £401.60
offshoot Big blind   £2.00 £3.00 £227.12
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • Q

villain Raise   £10.00 £13.00 £250.20
dantb10 Fold        
WYNN Fold        
maxxio Fold        
varney Fold        
offshoot Call   £8.00 £21.00 £219.12
Flop

• K

offshoot Check        
villain Bet   £15.75 £36.75 £234.45
offshoot Call   £15.75 £52.50 £203.37
Turn

offshoot Check        
villain Bet   £40.00 £92.50 £194.45
offshoot Call   £40.00 £132.50 £163.37
River

offshoot Check        
villain All-in   £194.45 £326.95 £0.00
offshoot ?

Comments

• edited December 2009
    vllain is good(better than me) but a complete spewmonkey and/or tilting. 3betting a ridiculous amount, has stacked me twice before this hand, all in preflop my AK beaten by his 33 and my AA lost to his KQ on a JT9 flop. Other hands he has shown down in 3bet pots include J6s and 42o. Has also been raising between 5x - 9x pre and has been opening a ton of pots.

Good spot to call him down?

• edited December 2009
    Againt described villain I probably CRAI on the turn because i vomit on like half the deck on the river and i want to live past 50.

AP, it's pretty tricky for him to have total air here, and if he's good his value range will probably widen to like weak 2p, AK even on this bad board so he's probably not as polarised as I think you think he is.

Meh, it depends to what extent he's spewing I guess, if theres been similiar spots to this then maybe call but im finding it hard to think of a way he can have air often enough to call. Like AJ/AQ/QJ/J9 and we have a queen in our hand. It is balck though which means theres more combo draws he can have, god this is disgusting, It feels close-ish though so it can't have been awful, if he's as spewy as you say, no matter what you did.
  • edited December 2009
    The decision isn't on the river, it's on the turn where you have to either raise or fold. 
    Evaluate the board.... Look how many draws are there yet for some reason you're the one calling the turn to see a river when that's the last thing you wanna see. Like the above, half the river cards are disgusting for you. 

Therefore I hate your spot and how you played it.

If god forbid I played it like this I call river for curiosity sake of a so called spew/tilter and hope to see something like QJhh.

Btw can't get across how much I hate this spot.
  • edited December 2009
    I don't know, looks tricky to me, you've got 5,6,7, on the board by the river and a posible flush. Plus even maniacs get good hands now and then. Not to mention that he seems to be running better than god at the moment
    Depends how many pull ups i have, 50 or more and i probably call, one to see what he had and two, just so he knows i can't be pushed around. 20 or less and i probably wimp out, fold and leave the table.

I think you should be shoving him though on the turn because you aren't gonna like anything that comes on the river and this guy is not gonna stop betting. Might aswell give him the decision rather than you having it on the river
  • edited December 2009
    I agree that villain's value range doesnt have to be polarised, that is once you have checked 3 streets.. But at the same time I dont think his shove represents a value bet on this river, once the 6d hits the river, he must be aware that you won't be calling here a big percentage, he probably thinks you would have raised the turn with a hand like you have and its unlikely you would check raise with a rivered flush or play a FD like this. I would like the call here as you have massively underplayed your hand, but after all, curiosity killed the cat, and it certainly kills me very often.
    one guess at their hand Ah 10H even tho their range is obv wide.

And after reloading i would promise myself not to take this line oop against villain again.
  • edited December 2009
  • edited December 2009
    Very interesting hand.  How much previous information does he have of you?  I know others in this thread have said you wouldn't play the flush draw like this but would he know that.  The way he's played this hand and totally ignored the flush hitting the river means he's completely aggro and just trying to take to you off it or he's been betting his flush draw and has just rivered you.  I would not like this decision one bit.  I would of loved you to pop the turn, what was the thinking behind the flat call?
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: 200nl: making a stand:
    I don't know, looks tricky to me, you've got 5,6,7, on the board by the river and a posible flush. Plus even maniacs get good hands now and then. Not to mention that he seems to be running better than god at the moment Depends how many pull ups i have, 50 or more and i probably call, one to see what he had and two, just so he knows i can't be pushed around. 20 or less and i probably wimp out, fold and leave the table. I think you should be shoving him though on the turn because you aren't gonna like anything that comes on the river and this guy is not gonna stop betting. Might aswell give him the decision rather than you having it on the river
    Posted by salazar
    Salazar, I feel very strongly that the amount of pull ups you have can play no part in any decision.  If your bankroll management is affecting your decisions you have to drop down levels immediately.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: 200nl: making a stand:
    In Response to Re: 200nl: making a stand : Salazar, I feel very strongly that the amount of pull ups you have can play no part in any decision.  If your bankroll management is affecting your decisions you have to drop down levels immediately.
    Posted by TommyD

You're right it shouldn't. Me personally, I play with 30 pull ups and if I'd played the hand like this and it had got down to the river I fold.
    It wouldn't have got down to the river though because If I'm playing this hand i shove him on the turn.

If however this was me, and i had 50 pull-ups I wouldn't mind losing half of one just to get info on a player, if I have 20 I'm not willing to lose half a pull up to get that info and therefore i would have folded.

You should have noticed i said i would call to see what he had, whether i'm winning or losing doesn't come into it at this point, i'm calling to see what he had and get info for future hands, where i believe i could make my half a pull up back