You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bankroll

edited November 2013 in Poker Chat
A quick question guys. If you had a £200 bankroll what level Cash would you play and how many tables?

And the same question for MTTs

Cheers

Comments

• edited November 2013
    £2 - £5 mtts no higher, very few sats. 

Cash NL8 but NL10 is possible if ur style suits.

JKust play levels you can beat 

• edited November 2013
    Depends on your winrate but on a general scale I would say 8NL for £200 and £5 mtts reducing this to £3 mtts if you were to drop below £100.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Bankroll:
    Depends on your winrate but on a general scale I would say 8NL for £200 and £5 mtts reducing this to £3 mtts if you were to drop below £100.
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    thats a good way to go bust, mtts should be 75 buy ins minimum
  • edited November 2013
    i dont play cash but if your a serious mtt player then 100 buy ins i would go with, 75 buys minimum. if you are just having some fun and can reload again if you go bust then it dosent really matter.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Bankroll:
    In Response to Bankroll : thats a good way to go bust, mtts should be 75 buy ins minimum
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Like I said, depends on his winrate but he only has £200 and in all honesty it would be best to function with a 100BI rule for mtts that have 'large fields'.  These £5.50 freezeouts have fields on average of 40 players with a top 5 cash, so if you're a reasonable player then functioning on a 36 buy-in bankroll is perfectly fine although optimally a 50 buy in roll would be ideal.

You have to treat them like they were a 45 man sng, albeit with a +25% starting stack.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Bankroll : Like I said, depends on his winrate but he only has £200 and in all honesty it would be best to function with a 100BI rule for mtts that have 'large fields'.  These £5.50 freezeouts have fields on average of 40 players with a top 5 cash, so if you're a reasonable player then functioning on a 36 buy-in bankroll is perfectly fine although optimally a 50 buy in roll would be ideal.
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    36 buy ins is far from fine though, i have a decent roi on sky for mtts but i can safely say i would be bust with this sort of brm and that is exactly what this guy will be if he follows ur advice
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Bankroll : 36 buy ins is far from fine though, i have a decent roi on sky for mtts but i can safely say i would be bust with this sort of brm and that is exactly what this guy will be if he follows ur advice
    Posted by THEROCK573
    You're playing far higher than £5 freezeouts on sky my friend. For the level you're playing, avg buy in £20, yes I agree with you, but 36 buy ins for an average player is perfectly fine. I'll agree to disagree with you on this one.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Bankroll : You're playing far higher than £5 freezeouts on sky my friend. For the level you're playing, avg buy in £20, yes I agree with you, but 36 buy ins for an average player is perfectly fine. I'll agree to disagree with you on this one.
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    ok i hope you can forgive yourself when this poor guys account goe from £200 - £0, its on ur head this one :-)
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Bankroll : ok i hope you can forgive yourself when this poor guys account goe from £200 - £0, its on ur head this one :-)
    Posted by THEROCK573
    So if you're advocating 75 buy ins for a £5 40-50 man field freezeout, how many buy ins would you advocate for a £5 300-1k field freezeout?

If it has 30 runners the top 5 get paid, that's 16.8% of the field get paid and if it has 40 runners the top 6 (15%) get paid, 50 runners top 12% get paid.
  • edited November 2013
    OP- depends if you can reload again if you do go busto.

If you can then get cracking 3/4 tabling 8nl, and MTT's up to about a fiver or so.

If you want to make this £200 last (and grow), then stick to 4nl and £3 and under tourneys.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Bankroll : So if you're advocating 75 buy ins for a £5 40-50 man field freezeout, how many buy ins would you advocate for a £5 300-1k field freezeout? If it has 30 runners the top 5 get paid, that's 16.8% of the field get paid.
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    i just said, i would use a 100 buy in rule on this site for mtts, you can get away with 75 buy ins due to the fact that the standard on heres terrible and also with most tournaments being bounty hunters you can get a return without cashing. i play on stars at the minute and i dont play a tournamnet unless ihave 200 buy ins, some may think thats to nitty but with the field sizes being huge and the standard being better variance is a killer on there.