You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

test

edited November 2013 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
kevcoke69Small blind £0.20£0.20£39.60
NODEALBig blind £0.40£0.60£90.21
 Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

hardman07Call £0.40£1.00£39.02
F_IvanovicRaise £1.40£2.40£43.03
DonttelmumFold    
PokerKingaFold    
kevcoke69Fold    
NODEALFold    
hardman07Call £1.00£3.40£38.02
Flop

• J

hardman07Check    
F_IvanovicBet £2.20£5.60£40.83
hardman07Call £2.20£7.80£35.82
Turn

• J

hardman07Check    
F_IvanovicBet £4.90£12.70£35.93
hardman07Call £4.90£17.60£30.92
River

hardman07Check    
F_IvanovicBet £8.70£26.30£27.23
hardman07Fold    
F_IvanovicMuck    
F_IvanovicWin £16.72 £43.95
F_IvanovicReturn £8.70£0.88£52.65

Comments

• edited November 2013
  • edited November 2013
    Sorry meant to delete this but couldn't find the delete button! I was testing out hand histories again. So it seems to work fine (or relatively fine) if I C+P into poker chat. But I used the exact same hand history with the C+P already saved from posting here to post in my diary on poker chat, and it came out all gobbledegook!

Oh yeah, where should I bet bigger? I guess I could maybe go slightly bigger on the flop and turn. Was a bit unsure re. river though. Not much history with villain so I don't know if he would call a big "polarised" looking bet with a 7 or 8 whereas he would probably call a much smaller sizing. I figure he was on a lot of draws though (mainly cause I had both jacks!!) so thought a smaller bet would also be most likely to tempt him into making a move. Probably still too big though for him to make a move.
  • edited November 2013
    what browser are you using, i find if i post with chrome it goes nuts, so i always copy and paste and post in IE (yes i know) if i want to post a HH. 
  • edited November 2013
    can only use chrome as i have a chromebook. I know that chrome can be dodgy with skypoker for some things but i don't get why it works in the clinic but not in the forum
  • edited November 2013
    Try using the different hand history sources. i.e. try it once with the download hand history and then with the web browser hand history. The two appear to be different. Post them both on this thread.

Sometimes they seem to work in OP's but not in later posts.

Another thing that can mess them up a bit is pasting it into the box and then typing something above or below it. That seems to mess about with the alignment somehow. So type anything you want to type first, then paste the hand history. Alternatively, post the hand history only, then edit the post. The format of the hand history will be different in the edit window than in the initial posting box thingy.

If that doesn't work, I can offer no further advice.

You can't delete threads, by the way. You can delete the content of the original post if you want to but not the post itself.
  • edited November 2013

If we're isolating limpers with a wide range from UTG+1, then I suppose this pre-flop size is fine. If our range isn't enormously wide, then just raise bigger.

We can probably bet a little bigger on flop and turn. It's kinda wet and the turn doesn't change anything from the villain's point of view. If he's going to bluff-catch or chase a draw, let him do it for a bit more money and try to set up a shove on the river. We want to stack the villain, after all.

On the river, we might as well go big. If he's missed his draw then he's folding for any size and if he has a pair we want to look like we're bluffing. All the draws have missed so let him hero us for more pennies with his A8 or whatever.

I'd bet the river smallish if the draw had come in, as that's the size I'd go for with a bare Jack, flush, etc. to get value from pairs. We know he probably shoves with any draw that hits anyway so we shouldn't miss value. When the draw misses, we should be trying to rep that or some other desperation bluff. As played, I'd probably make it about £12-£14 or similar. Overshove if you've shown bluffs with that line before.