You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Regular Freerolls - your thoughts please...

2»

Comments

• edited November 2013
    This is for those who are in the middle sky reward them end of the day sky are here to make money so why would they reward players who dont contribute very much?

Player who get between 1000/5000 points dont get  rewarded other than cash for points.

If ur making 200 points a month then thats your choice for the levels you play at , players should get rewarded of how they contribute cant expect to be rewarded from donating next to nothing.

These freerolls i pointed out are for those in the middle who dont get rewarded but play alot also so its only fair.

As i stated 3 different kinds of freerolls its like an extra bonus you might not choose to play to make them but i know alot of people would play to get in them as it a reward its only fair.
  • edited November 2013
    How about a weekly freeroll based on points earned that week, so points earned mon-sat, plays in a freeroll on sunday. Something like this might work.

Earn between 1-49 points = entry into £500 1 hour timed mtt (i say this tourny, as great way to build a bankroll)
                        50-149 points = entry into £1000 mtt, 2000 chips, 5min blinds
                        149+ points = entry into £2000 mtt tokens tourny, i.e primo seats, main event seats, tokens for bigger mtts.

All can start at same time on Sunday too.

This will encourage players to play more each week, and high earners the chance for free mtt seats, i have come up with 3.5K per week so would leave you (SKY) £700 in kitty, for smaller freeerolls.

Points and prize funds just an example, but i feel rewarding players each week is a great way to keep players happy.

Hope you like idea, any thoughts anyone???

Gl at the tables too
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Regular Freerolls - your thoughts please...:
    How about a weekly freeroll based on points earned that week, so points earned mon-sat, plays in a freeroll on sunday. Something like this might work. Earn between 1-49 points = entry into £500 1 hour timed mtt (i say this tourny, as great way to build a bankroll)                     50-149 points = entry into £1000 mtt, 2000 chips, 5min blinds                     149+ points = entry into £2000 mtt tokens tourny, i.e primo seats, main event seats, tokens for bigger mtts. All can start at same time on Sunday too. This will encourage players to play more each week, and high earners the chance for free mtt seats, i have come up with 3.5K per week so would leave you (SKY) £700 in kitty, for smaller freeerolls. Points and prize funds just an example, but i feel rewarding players each week is a great way to keep players happy. Hope you like idea, any thoughts anyone??? Gl at the tables too
    Posted by ms-tree

Hey tree your idea is right but sky aint gunna offer a £2000 freeroll to players who earn 149+ points
    Those in priority only get this so its never gunna happen to be fair.
  • edited November 2013
    Hi kidwiz, it was only an estimate, as SKY will have final say, and i would like to reward more players, know matter how much they spend on site, as this will encorage more players onto site, and reward players currently on site playing.

Points and prizepools can differ, but feel very strongly, that if points per week earned is too high, this will put people off this idea, and also reward high rollers again, as high rollers have priorty + earn more cashback for there play anyway (rightly so though).

I personally love for sky to run weekly freeroll, where players can win main event seats for the next week, as most small players on the site would not buy into big mtt's with small bankrolls, and everyone loves a rags to riches story.
  • edited November 2013
    I will edit 1 thing i did say in my original post, i think the mtt tokens should be used within 28 days, and winners not placed into said mtt's, so then players can choose which mtt to play (as long as to same value of token).
  • edited November 2013
    to many free rolls, scrap the lot of them and encourage people to get there hands in there pockets
  • edited November 2013
    Freerolls encourage new players onto the site, so sky should never scrap freerolls.
    I am so  glad that sky lsterned about the protecting off freerolls and not using passwords, as the forum was getting flooded by freerollers asking for passwords.
  • edited November 2013
    Scrap some of the £20 ones if not all and replace with a Omaha HiLow £100 on a Friday night maybe, great for people trying to learn the game.

Keep the £500 one at 7 oclock  with 25pts buyin

Scrap the 4 oclock BH one

Scrap the 5 and 6  o clock ones and replace with a £100 freezeout

Any money left over from the savings have one big one last sunday of the month say £2000 with 500pts buyin
  • edited November 2013
    The freerolls should not be targeted a winning players.  Small payouts to large numbers of recreational players benefits everyone. Tthe money will be recycled into the poker economy instead of hidden in a  large broll or withdrawl, it will also be raked again which benefits sky, and it increases action at low levels which will help support action at all levels. when I was grinding a small roll and depositing those freerolls where a massive help and kept me playing.

Large payouts in exchange for a large volume of points does nothing to keep people playing.

The prio freeroll rewards high volume players. 

I liked the idea of timed tournies where the top 20 got entry into big tournies and it would benefit me if sky offered a timed tournie like this in exchange for say 1000 points. But it would do little to benefit people who tip up £15 every week to enjoy poker. Id much rather freerolls went to them.

If anyone misses out id rather it was medium volume players like myself.
  • edited November 2013

It would be ideal to bring back the syndicate freeroll!

Nice addon to the Monday night DTD games!

• edited November 2013
    It would be ideal to bring back the syndicate freeroll! Nice addon to the Monday night DTD games!
    Posted by LARSON7
    Or what about the Football bet one it was good
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Regular Freerolls - your thoughts please...:
    how would you spend those amounts of money if you were us?
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    How about you cut out some freerolls and use the money that you save to reduce the rake on the micro stakes games, to give the new players a chance of beating the games they're playing?

Phil Ivey couldn't beat 50p dyms on Sky @ 20% rake.

Give them a chance.......
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Regular Freerolls - your thoughts please...:
    Hi all One of the things we do each day is have freerolls. In recent times, the value from this has been in the region of £600 per day, which is around £4,200 per week, £18,000 per month and £219,000 per year! (excluding other freeroll promotions we do). So why do we 'give away' this money? In a way it's like a promotion which has benefits like: - Rewarding loyal players (hence some recent changes) - a big reason for them - Giving people the chance to build a bankroll (potentially from nothing) - Give people the chance to satellite into events for free - Giving people the chance to try Sky Poker for free - It can attract new players, keep existing ones and get others back with us - Gets more people onsite to help liquidity once they move onto other games - etc.... In a way it’s like promotions that other companies do, so for example when you are shopping in the supermarket and someone gives you a free sample, they hope you will like it, buy some and become a regular customer. Or, it’s like a magazine giving you a free issue (or a much reduced price), hoping you like it and subscribe. You get the point. So, thinking about the above, especially about rewarding loyal customers and attracting more players - how would you spend those amounts of money if you were us? So, something that might be considered a good idea would be - "make the free cash freeroll £250 every day and use the other £250s to have a big freeroll once a week or month which is 100 points to enter". We’re sure you can do better! In our view, a 'bad' idea would be - "have one massive freeroll for the whole £219,000 that anyone can enter". Why is this not good? Well basically because (a) 'anyone' means lots and lots of runners for it (b) this dilutes the value for others (c) there's no sense of earning it / rewarding people (d) it's only a short-term promotion putting all your eggs in one basket, once it's over that's it. Also think about the format for this – Should it be timed? Should it be cash or satellites? (or both) Should it be other prizes? As you can imagine, it's hard to please everyone on this. There will be differences of opinion and people will probably want things that suit them personally but let's keep this open and friendly please. It will be interesting to hear your thoughts and ideas. Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker

How about starting a monthly depositers freeroll. This could be in the format of £1000 timed starting at 7pm on 30th of each month. Criteria for entry could be something like, deposit say £20 in the month between 1st and 29th and be entered into the £1000 timed freeroll on 30th of the month. This would be open to all players.not just new customers and you could make some t and c's say to stop depositing and withdrawing same money.This may keep existing players happy by giving an incentive to deposit and continue playing. Just a thought.

• edited November 2013
    +1 to the above, some form of depositors freeroll would be a good idea imo.

I never deposit, but I'm well aware it's in my interest that others do.
  • edited November 2013
    +1 to the above, some form of depositors freeroll would be a good idea imo. I never deposit, but I'm well aware it's in my interest that others do.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Do you think that just depositing should make you eligible or should there be a points requirement too (for example). Just because without that, people could deposit, literally do nothing else and then play.
  • edited November 2013

I would like to see the return of the 7pm and 10pm freerolls.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Regular Freerolls - your thoughts please... : Do you think that just depositing should make you eligible or should there be a points requirement too (for example). Just because without that, people could deposit, literally do nothing else and then play.
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    I used the phrase "some form of" because I wasn't quite sure at the time of posting what the best format would be.

If it's a generous Freeroll then yes, there should be a points requirement. If a player can deposit say twenty quid, play the freeroll, then simply withdraw the twenty quid again without participating in any other games it defeats the object.

I don't think the target should be set too high, maybe 100 points during the month, the same as Rewards. So the Freeroll would run soon after the month ends, all players who made a deposit and earned 100+ Poker Points during the month are eligible.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Regular Freerolls - your thoughts please... : Do you think that just depositing should make you eligible or should there be a points requirement too (for example). Just because without that, people could deposit, literally do nothing else and then play.
    Posted by Sky_Poker
     That's why I stated in my original post that you could make some terms and conditions  ( t and c's ) to stop this from happening,if you read it fully.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Regular Freerolls - your thoughts please... : I used the phrase "some form of" because I wasn't quite sure at the time of posting what the best format would be. If it's a generous Freeroll then yes, there should be a points requirement. If a player can deposit say twenty quid, play the freeroll, then simply withdraw the twenty quid again without participating in any other games it defeats the object. I don't think the target should be set too high, maybe 100 points during the month, the same as Rewards. So the Freeroll would run soon after the month ends, all players who made a deposit and earned 100+ Poker Points during the month are eligible.
    Posted by GaryQQQ

Kudos to yourself for never depositing,long may your run of good fortune continue Gaz ;o)

• edited November 2013
    Can we have a SCOUSERS ONLY freeroll....ok, only askin, and no i havn't nicked some points...
  • edited November 2013
    played 15 dyms today at various levels  and still not enough points too enter the 500 freeroll. so yeah if u want too exclude small stake regulars like myself keep it as it is . too be honest feel the points entry is a bit flawed just my opinion but when u play as many dyms as i have today like pretty much every other day(including £5.50 games)   u would think that should get u an entry more than the fact you got 20quid free and 500 points for free.

just wondering why us smaller stakes dym players should continue playing on sky when it seems like it is us that are stuck in between skys different promotions and always seem too be the ones that take the hits and miss out on the promotions.

just like cash games get 3 happy hours a day yet dym players get nothing.

And then we come too us hi/lo players what do we get? no omaha freerolls whatsoever even although you must realise the game is coming on in leaps and bounds(mainly down too tikay)and the fact there is a steady turnover of dym games.

i dont expect a omaha or hi/lo freeroll every day as i know there is not the volume too sustain it. but what about 1 a fortnight/month and make it have a clause u must have played at least say 10 omaha games too gain entry that way it is for players that actually play omaha .. just a thought
  • edited November 2013
    I like the idea of having a 'BIG' freeroll once a month which could cost 100 points to enter? 

Would also be good if there was some Omaha freerolls brought back as gets people into it. 

Thanks.
  • edited November 2013
    In my opinion, freerolls should pretty much always be limited to regular players (by that I mean people who have shown loyalty to Sky Poker by playing in a paid tournament). Therefore I welcome what Sky Poker are considering in the original post :-)
  • edited November 2013
    How about this:

Daily Sit n Go's which you enter using poker points (say 10?) in which you win more poker points.

You then use these accumalated points to enter a bigger weekly Freeroll MTT (entry 100 points)?

May increase the traffic on the SnG tables and give new players with not many points a chance to entry a bigger Freeroll.