You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New Sky Poker Tables on Tournaments and SNGs

edited November 2013 in Poker Chat

Hi Everybody,

Today we have released our Brand New Sky Poker tables that have been available on Cash Games finally on Tournaments and Sit and Gos.

All games Sky Poker offer whether it's a Omaha Hi-Lo Sit and Go or the upcoming £20,000 Super Roller this Sunday can be played on the new software.

We hope you all enjoy the new tables which we have been working to build around feedback that you have given from the "Feedback Area" in the forum which will remain open if anyone would like to post a comment.

Please leave a comment below telling us what you think of the new software, it will be much appreciated.

Cheers everybody,

Sky Peter.

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Dont know if youve noticed but there are 1 or 2 threads about this already.  Rancid will be over the moon that you have started another one ;)

I think the main crux of the other threads is the point that there isnt an option to continue using the old tables.  Many MTT players (including myself) havent really played on the new software.  Its a bit confusing and different... so will tske some time getting used to.  A lot of us would like an option to use the new software rather than being thrust into the deep end as it were.  This may be because some dont like it but also a fair few havent used it and would like a trial period.

I know that there have been freerolls with the new software but many regs dont play freerolls and dont have the middle of the day to try it out.  Cash players have had months to trial and adapt to it... im just asking that MTT players have the same privilege :)
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to New Sky Poker Tables on Tournaments and SNGs:
    Hi Everybody,   Today we have released our Brand New Sky Poker tables that have been available on Cash Games finally on Tournaments and Sit and Gos.   All games Sky Poker offer whether it's a Omaha Hi-Lo Sit and Go or the upcoming £20,000 Super Roller this Sunday can be played on the new software.   We hope you all enjoy the new tables which we have been working to build around feedback that you have given from the "Feedback Area" in the forum which will remain open if anyone would like to post a comment.   Please leave a comment below telling us what you think of the new software, it will be much appreciated.   Cheers everybody,   Sky Peter.
    Posted by SkyPeter
    New tables are awful. on freerolls a lot of players are shutting new tables down and relaunching old ones. so hopefully we will still have the option to choose.
  • edited November 2013
    Yea im also one of them players who constantly closes down the new table and relaunches the old one just hope they dont change the cash tables to the new format so u can have an option to choose!.
  • edited November 2013
    will there be a new theme introduced similar to the new classic mini view theme that's shown in the feedback area but for the full version? i.e. 3 up 3 down.

How many themes will be made available?

When will this new classic mini view theme be available to use?
  • edited November 2013
    Imo, it's obvious they're gonna move over to the new software full time in the near future with no option of the old one. Would be pretty stupid imo to spend all the money and time they have on the new software only to  continue running the old one too which I imagine comes with some cost. Also, it's only to be expected they want to be using 1 piece of software across the whole site.

It just takes a bit of getting used to and I'd suggest everyone tries to do that (and give advice on how to improve it if you have any) because a point will come when you HAVE to use it or play on another site and I'm sure most will stay on the site so the only thing it'll mean is that some have the advantage of having used it for months and being completely used to it.

It is new and different so feels awkward but deliberately closing it and using the old tables just means you'll never get used to it until the point where you have no choice.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Tables on Tournaments and SNGs:
    Imo, it's obvious they're gonna move over to the new software full time in the near future with no option of the old one. Would be pretty stupid imo to spend all the money and time they have on the new software only to  continue running the old one too which I imagine comes with some cost. Also, it's only to be expected they want to be using 1 piece of software across the whole site. It just takes a bit of getting used to and I'd suggest everyone tries to do that (and give advice on how to improve it if you have any) because a point will come when you HAVE to use it or play on another site and I'm sure most will stay on the site so the only thing it'll mean is that some have the advantage of having used it for months and being completely used to it. It is new and different so feels awkward but deliberately closing it and using the old tables just means you'll never get used to it until the point where you have no choice.
    Posted by Lambert180
    not entirely true! the new classic mini view theme sky have designed is very very similar to the old mini view style. Don't see why they can't do this for full screen also.

NEW

Old

• edited November 2013
    Well yeah, that's there but it's still essentially the new software apart from 3x2 v 2x2x2, it's still got everything else from the new software.

I just mean, there's no point doing votes etc cos Sky are never gonna go 'ok we've spent a ton of money on this but we'll just ditch it cos people on the forum don't like it'. They just need suggestions to improve it rather than people asking for the old software.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: New Sky Poker Tables on Tournaments and SNGs:
    Well yeah, that's there but it's still essentially the new software apart from 3x2 v 2x2x2, it's still got everything else from the new software. I just mean, there's no point doing votes etc cos Sky are never gonna go 'ok we've spent a ton of money on this but we'll just ditch it cos people on the forum don't like it'. They just need suggestions to improve it rather than people asking for the old software.
    Posted by Lambert180

Just making it look like the old software would be a big plus.