You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

leader board for next UKOPS

edited November 2013 in Poker Chat
as far as I'm aware, when there is a UKOPS, there is no leaderboard... I was thinking it might be a good idea to have one, and hopefully have sky donate some prizes for the top finishers (it would encourage people to play more)

copied and pasted from another successful poker leaderboard:
PlacePoints
Tournament Champion100
2nd Place80
3rd Place70
4th Place60
5th Place55
6th Place50
7th - 12th Place35
13th - 18th Place30
Remaining Cashers - Top 10%25
Remaining Cashers - 2nd 10%20
Remaining Cashers - 3rd 20%15
Remaining Cashers - 4th 20%10
Remaining Cashers - Bottom 40%5
No Points Awarded in Non-Cashing Place
thoughts?...

Comments

• edited November 2013

Hi Mr Melt.

I'm sure this wil be considered by the suits, but I have to say, on previous experience, there was little or no evidence that it encouraged additional entries. It was certainly fun to follow, though.

Good to see you dabbling in the PLO8 DYM's yesterday....;)

• edited November 2013
    i think the problem with atrracting people to play is that theres not enough people who can afford a £50-$500 buy in without sats. 

so i would suggest, sky promote something else to encoruage more sat entries, i doupt it would be popular with some so suggesting it might not be ideal on my part. ill share if asked though. 
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: leader board for next UKOPS:
    Hi Mr Melt. I'm sure this wil be considered by the suits, but I have to say, on previous experience, there was little or no evidence that it encouraged additional entries. It was certainly fun to follow, though. Good to see you dabbling in the PLO8 DYM's yesterday....;)   
    Posted by Tikay10
    entries: I guess you would be more in the know than me on this - I'm sure your right though now I think about it - all the players in with a shout would generally be playing everything anyway I guess.

definately would be fun to follow and may generate some more interest at least.

as for the DYM PLO8 - yes, first one ever last night... I have a teeny amount of experience in PLO8 and found it very enjoyable. ended up bubbling - think I was a wee bit too aggressive at times and that is what cost me.
  • edited November 2013
    i think the problem with atrracting people to play is that theres not enough people who can afford a £50-$500 buy in without sats.  so i would suggest, sky promote something else to encoruage more sat entries, i doupt it would be popular with some so suggesting it might not be ideal on my part. ill share if asked though. 
    Posted by The_Don90
    isnt there already tonnes of sats?

why not make the freerolls around the time of the UKOPS satelitte freerolls instead...instead of £500, there is 100 x £5 sat seats as a prize etc
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: leader board for next UKOPS : isnt there already tonnes of sats? why not make the freerolls around the time of the UKOPS satelitte freerolls instead...instead of £500, there is 100 x £5 sat seats as a prize etc
    Posted by chicknMelt
    there is but they never get a huge amount of runners, certainly not at the lower levels. It is also usually the same guys in each. 

They did do some ukops freeroll sats because mel played a few. think there was about 20 mini seats, some other seats and a £110 seat if i mind right. Was actually a good freeroll. 

At the risk of being ridiculed, i suggest at the end a tournament of champions. All the winners of the ukops events and say the top 2 sat winners(those who got the most ukops event seats) get a seat. Put up prizes or money idk but im sure sky could come up with a good prize. 
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: leader board for next UKOPS : there is but they never get a huge amount of runners, certainly not at the lower levels. It is also usually the same guys in each.  They did do some ukops freeroll sats because mel played a few. think there was about 20 mini seats, some other seats and a £110 seat if i mind right. Was actually a good freeroll.  At the risk of being ridiculed, i suggest at the end a tournament of champions. All the winners of the ukops events and say the top 2 sat winners(those who got the most ukops event seats) get a seat. Put up prizes or money idk but im sure sky could come up with a good prize. 
    Posted by The_Don90
    like that suggestion too... could also include top 10 or 20 from the UKOPS leaderboard inthe tournament of champoins...