You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Too many threads about there being too many threads

edited November 2013 in Poker Chat
Yesterday the forum was flooded with threads complaining there were too many diary threads. Today there are too many threads complaining about there being too many software threads.

I demand a new forum section dedicated to threads about there being too many threads.

Comments

• edited November 2013

Well it forced the Diaries off the front page, which some thought was a good idea......
  • edited November 2013

aren't poker diaries the cuckoos of the poker chat section?  pushing all the fledgling posts off the front page to plummet to their premature demise on page two.

PS. hopefully there hasn't been a thread about cuckoos recently?

• edited November 2013

Cuckoos are vey interesting, actually.

The Mummy cuckoo ejects the hosts eggs from other nests, lays her eggs, then disappears. The host Mummy, usually a much smaller bird, never susses this, & broods the eggs, &, after hatching, feeds them. The bizarre thing is that cuckoo chicks are huge compared to the surrogate Mummy Bird. Instinct is a strange thing. 

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Too many threads about there being too many threads:
    Cuckoos are vey interesting, actually. The Mummy cuckoo ejects the hosts eggs from other nests, lays her eggs, then disappears. The host Mummy, usually a much smaller bird, never susses this, & broods the eggs, &, after hatching, feeds them. The bizarre thing is that cuckoo chicks are huge compared to the surrogate Mummy Bird. Instinct is a strange thing.       
    Posted by Tikay10
    Altho this is not uncommon, the european cuckoo more often than not just lays one egg amongst the host eggs.  It is the young cuckoo on hatching who evicts the other eggs or in some cases the chicks.  ;-) Have a good show!
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Too many threads about there being too many threads : Altho this is not uncommon, the european cuckoo more often than not just lays one egg amongst the host eggs.  It is the young cuckoo on hatching who evicts the other eggs or in some cases the chicks.  ;-) Have a good show!
    Posted by Glenelg[/
    QUOTE]

Oooh, more cuckoo interest.
  • edited November 2013
    Cuckoos are vey interesting, actually. The Mummy cuckoo ejects the hosts eggs from other nests, lays her eggs, then disappears. The host Mummy, usually a much smaller bird, never susses this, & broods the eggs, &, after hatching, feeds them. The bizarre thing is that cuckoo chicks are huge compared to the surrogate Mummy Bird. Instinct is a strange thing.       
    Posted by Tikay10

have you seen the size of some of those cuckoo diaries?

• edited November 2013
    I prefer the smaller pretty looking birds tbh.

Since i moved last year my neightbour has lots of bird feeders and its a joy to watch at the different cloloured birds (mostly ti ts i think) flying around. 

Less interesting than cookoo's but still interesing imo
  • edited November 2013

a novice poker chat contributor takes on the might of the tommyd encylopedic diary?

• edited November 2013

Funnily enough I was born and grew up in Cuckfield. The village name is thought to derive from 'Cuckoo Field', the village emblem is a Cuckoo. The 'Cuck' part is pronounced as 'cook', just as it is in Cuckoo.

I've often been described as 'a bit Cuckoo' too. No idea why :)

Cuckoo threads ftw.

• edited November 2013
    Lets all just be happy that the forum is so busy at the moment.

Top 3 shows with Cuckoo in...

1. One flew over the Cuckoos next (obviously)
    2. The Cuckoo waltz (showing my age)
    3. Cuckoo (The Greg Davies one - bit naff but had its moments and had Helen Baxendale in it)