You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Whats the thoughts of other dym players on this hand please

edited November 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi mate
Just keep an eye on the players and make notes if this happens a lot between same players not collusion to fold there as he might have a very poor hand and doesn't want to double up the shortstack.
If he is a regular and playing a lot of tables he might have autofolded or quickly folded his hand when he saw  the action was on him if involved in several other hands  or missclicked
Or more likely he like me is struggling with the new tables and if playing several just didn't process all the info.
 The one to watch out for is if the big stack is raising the shortie and then folding to an all in for a small amount of chips

ps see the reply I got in the feedback area regarding players being away/sat out as you also posted about that yesterday the player shows up in a slightly darker colour although how you are meant to spot that quickly I have no idea but they are looking into improving it
cheers

Comments

• edited November 2013
    edited this post as had a look and thought had better remove the top part as don,t want into trouble

As you can see from the hand the big stack has pretty much 8x the amount of short stack in a dym 4 players left yets folds to a raise of 500  ..blanked out players names as don,t want into trouble from sky. i had 3000 chips at time so was safe and as is ussually normal in these the big stack is never folding his bb for that amount at least thats the way it should.as i said at the start this has happened a couple of times with certain players lately
    xxxxx
    Small blind   150.00 150.00 687.52
    xxxxx
    Big blind   300.00 450.00 6048.74
      Your hole cards
    • K

churchy18 Fold        
    xxxxx
    Fold        
    xxxxx
    All-in   687.52 1137.52 0.00
    xxxxx
    Fold        
    xxxxx
    Muck        
    xxxxx
    Win   600.00   600.00
    xxxxx
    Return   537.52 0.00 1137.52
  • edited November 2013

I can't see the stack sizes from that Churchy, but it is not necessarily bad, we just don't know, do we?

I got some abuse last week for folding in similar circumstances, but my hand was 3-3-3-3. How can I ever beat anything with that, all I do is double up Mr Shortie? The rest of the Table won't much approve of that. I have no low hand, & 3-3 for the high, which cannot improve.

Doubling up shorties un-necessarily makes no sense.

If you see what you think are repeated & clear acts of collusion, deffo Report them to CC.   
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Whats the thoughts of other dym players on this hand please:
    I can't see the stack sizes from that Churchy, but it is not necessarliy bad, we just don't know, do we? I got some abuse last week for folding in similar circumstances, but my hand was 3-3-3-3. How can I ever beat anything with that, all I do is double up Mr Shortie? The rest of the Table won't much approve of that. I have no low hand, & 3-3 for the high, which cannot mprove. Doubling up shorties un-necessarily makes no sense.   If you see what you think are repeated & clear acts of collusion, deffo Report them to CC.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    cheers tikay.the other shortie must have been fuming as well.the player who folded his bb was playing most hands and always calling pretty much everything else with rubbish. just seen it happen a few times in the last few days and getting a bit annoyed at it ..have great day
  • edited November 2013
    Hi mate Just keep an eye on the players and make notes if this happens a lot between same players not collusion to fold there as he might have a very poor hand and doesn't want to double up the shortstack. If he is a regular and playing a lot of tables he might have autofolded or quickly folded his hand when he saw  the action was on him if involved in several other hands  or missclicked Or more likely he like me is struggling with the new tables and if playing several just didn't process all the info.  The one to watch out for is if the big stack is raising the shortie and then folding to an all in for a small amount of chips ps see the reply I got in the feedback area regarding players being away/sat out as you also posted about that yesterday the player shows up in a slightly darker colour although how you are meant to spot that quickly I have no idea but they are looking into improving it cheers
    Posted by gixxerk4
    cheers for the reply bud ..im on the old tables so u can see when a players is sat out no problem he was there and playing the same way all game. thats why it was strange when this happened
  • edited November 2013
    I can't see the stack sizes from that Churchy, but it is not necessarliy bad, we just don't know, do we? I got some abuse last week for folding in similar circumstances, but my hand was 3-3-3-3. How can I ever beat anything with that, all I do is double up Mr Shortie? The rest of the Table won't much approve of that. I have no low hand, & 3-3 for the high, which cannot mprove. Doubling up shorties un-necessarily makes no sense.   If you see what you think are repeated & clear acts of collusion, deffo Report them to CC.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    This.

A perfect example to explain situations where a fold could be explained.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Whats the thoughts of other dym players on this hand please : cheers for the reply bud ..im on the old tables so u can see when a players is sat out no problem he was there and playing the same way all game. thats why it was strange when this happened
    Posted by churchy18
    If he has THAT many chips, a lot of DYM players just make the decision not to play ANY more hands. There is no need, but it does tend to make the other 2 players a bit uppity.  
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Whats the thoughts of other dym players on this hand please : If he has THAT many chips, a lot of DYM players just make the decision not to play ANY more hands. There is no need, but it does tend to make the other 2 players a bit uppity.  
    Posted by Tikay10
     thats the thing tikay he was playing a lot of hands so was strange
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Whats the thoughts of other dym players on this hand please : If he has THAT many chips, a lot of DYM players just make the decision not to play ANY more hands. There is no need, but it does tend to make the other 2 players a bit uppity.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    I tripled up early and just clicked "away" recently, but it felt a bit rude and ant-social, so jumped back in. The other 2 should be careful what they wish for as part the fun of being a big stack in a dym is being able to pressure medium stacks out of pots.
  • edited November 2013
    If youre a sharkscope member you can search to see if the two play together regularly and if their roi is increased when they do.
  • edited November 2013

Was playing a PLO8 dym yesterday when a very strange thing occured.

On the bubble and the player who has been sat out all game is allin in the sb. I have about 6000 chips and duly limp in utg to help eliminate the player. Flop check check and then the bb starts betting out on the turn. So i duly fold and he turns over a complete bluff and trebled up the shortie. My hand would have won and ended the game but he pushed me out.

So i then decided to target the player in question and kept asking for his stack preflop every hand. Got him down to slightly over 1bb when the shorty eventually busted. Didnt quite work out but would love to have busted him after his amazingly silly play earlier.
  • edited November 2013
     Was playing a PLO8 dym yesterday when a very strange thing occured.  On the bubble and the player who has been sat out all game is allin in the sb. I have about 6000 chips and duly limp in utg to help eliminate the player. Flop check check and then the bb starts betting out on the turn. So i duly fold and he turns over a complete bluff and trebled up the shortie. My hand would have won and ended the game but he pushed me out.  So i then decided to target the player in question and kept asking for his stack preflop every hand. Got him down to slightly over 1bb when the shorty eventually busted. Didnt quite work out but would love to have busted him after his amazingly silly play earlier.
    Posted by Talon
    thats what i will be doing too these players have notes on both .so if u see me make strange plays(well stranger  than usual)when there is an away player or shortie on the bubble u know why.

If youre a sharkscope member you can search to see if the two play together regularly and if their roi is increased when they do.

cheers teddy not a member of scope only play for fun
  • edited November 2013
    Posted by Tikay10
    As someone who has only recently joined sky i have been mainly playing dym games and find it quite frustrating if not pretty annoying when players who know that they are safe just fold away as soon as it gets 4 handed. That's not to say that i don't understand why they do it but i can't help thinking it's a bit disrespectful to the other players. Mind you maybe after i've frittered away a few more winning positions i might start changing my mind:) 
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Whats the thoughts of other dym players on this hand please : As someone who has only recently joined sky i have been mainly playing dym games and find it quite frustrating if not pretty annoying when players who know that they are safe just fold away as soon as it gets 4 handed. That's not to say that i don't understand why they do it but i can't help thinking it's a bit disrespectful to the other players. Mind you maybe after i've frittered away a few more winning positions i might start changing my mind:) 
    Posted by YOYOY

is one of them called tikay1 by any chance ;)

...its a perfectly viable strategy, so it looks like you will have to put up with it...traditional Sit n Go's might be more your thing?
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Whats the thoughts of other dym players on this hand please : As someone who has only recently joined sky i have been mainly playing dym games and find it quite frustrating if not pretty annoying when players who know that they are safe just fold away as soon as it gets 4 handed. That's not to say that i don't understand why they do it but i can't help thinking it's a bit disrespectful to the other players. Mind you maybe after i've frittered away a few more winning positions i might start changing my mind:) 
    Posted by YOYOY
    Hello Mr Palindrome.

Well I see your point, & yes, we can all get a little cross when Mr Big Stack sits out, but no, it's not in ANY way disrespectful, imo. Other players cannot expect me, or anyone else, to bear a responsibility for them, we are all playing with, & for, our own money.

I often pass almost every hand - effectively, but not quite the same as sitting out - even when I'm mid-stack, as I'd prefer Mr 5 Bigs Who Limps in Every Hand to perish of his own volition.

I certainly don't agree it's disrespectful. Poker is not a team game, though in DYM's, of course, it can often seem that way when 4 handed, with a shortie.

Anyway, welcome to Sky Poker. How are you enjoying it - or not - so far? Is this your first poker site, or have you played elsewhere previously? If so, what made you decide to try Sky Poker?

Feel free to ignore my questions, I'm just curious. Some say very curious......

Have a great weekend bud.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Whats the thoughts of other dym players on this hand please : is one of them called tikay1 by any chance ;) ...its a perfectly viable strategy, so it looks like you will have to put up with it...traditional Sit n Go's might be more your thing?
    Posted by chicknMelt[/QUOTE
    Thanks for the advice. Will take a look.
    Maybe i'm being unfair or just naive. I've read some of the "How to play DYMs" things and they do advise playing really tight as the best course of action,especially in the early stages. I tried that with mixed results but found it quite boring. Are most of these guys multi-tabling? which would explain a lot i guess.
    Anyway thanks again. Will let you know how it goes.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Whats the thoughts of other dym players on this hand please : Hello Mr Palindrome. Well I see your point, & yes, we can all get a little cross when Mr Big Stack sits out, but no, it's not in ANY way disrespectful, imo. Other players cannot expect me, or anyone else, to bear a responsibility for them, we are all playing with, & for, our own money. I often pass almost every hand - effectively, but not quite the same as sitting out - even when I'm mid-stack, as I'd prefer Mr 5 Bigs Who Limps in Every Hand to perish of his own volition. I certainly don't agree it's disrespectful. Poker is not a team game, though in DYM's, of course, it can often seem that way when 4 handed, with a shortie. Anyway, welcome to Sky Poker. How are you enjoying it - or not - so far? Is this your first poker site, or have you played elsewhere previously? If so, what made you decide to try Sky Poker? Feel free to ignore my questions, I'm just curious. Some say very curious...... Have a great weekend bud.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks Tikay,
    have been watching you and yours on Sky Poker tv for a few years now and finally got around to joining this month. Still finding my feet around the place but enjoying myself. Have been tempted but never played on any other sites.I just liked the sense of community that always came through when the shows were on.I've only really played some semi-reglar cash games amongst friends which could easily get out of hand once the booze kicked in. As for my view on passing in dyms i replied to Chickenmelt about it and quite readily admit my naivity and lack of experience on the matter. It's all part of the learning curve as they say!
     p.s Whilst my name is indeed a palindrome the letters making it so need to be said individually!
    Bye now.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Whats the thoughts of other dym players on this hand please : Thanks Tikay, have been watching you and yours on Sky Poker tv for a few years now and finally got around to joining this month. Still finding my feet around the place but enjoying myself. Have been tempted but never played on any other sites.I just liked the sense of community that always came through when the shows were on.I've only really played some semi-reglar cash games amongst friends which could easily get out of hand once the booze kicked in. As for my view on passing in dyms i replied to Chickenmelt about it and quite readily admit my naivity and lack of experience on the matter. It's all part of the learning curve as they say!  p.s Whilst my name is indeed a palindrome the letters making it so need to be said individually! Bye now.
    Posted by YOYOY
    It's like Julian Thew but with an extra 'Y'!
  • edited November 2013
    why ho why ho why... very good welcome and gl.
  • edited November 2013

Thought that name was the cry of many a live poker player when the sit on a new table and look to see who is on their left.  Yoyo whyyyyyyyyyy
  • edited November 2013
    why ho why ho why... very good welcome and gl.
    Posted by a00rock

It's what i say to myself far too many times as i sacrifice my chips,cash,livestock and worldly possessions to various players on any given poker night.

thanks for the welcome and best of luck to you too.

Oh well, onwards and upwards!