You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Live omaha hand.

edited November 2013 in The Poker Clinic
I am small blind with 240 behind. Sat down for 100.
Big bling has 330 behind. Sat down for 400. Very aggressive player.
Button has 180 behind. Sat down for 200. Drunk but seems 2 know what he's doing and involved in every hand. Won't fold pre.

Blinds 1/1

Folded to button who limps for 1.
I have Ks Kc 4s 3c and make it 4 to go.
Big blind and button both make it up. Pot now 12.

Flop comes Kd 9c 5c and I lead for 11.
Both players flat behind. Pot now 45.
Turn is the 2c.
I check. The big blind pots and the button 're-pots.

A few questions for you omaha junkies.

Is my pre flop raise okay oop ?
Is by flop bet size ok ?
Should I have checked turn being so massive ?
What should my next decision be ? Is this an easy call or sigh fold ?

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Pre-flop raise is fine as is flop bet size if that's your standard. Turn check seems quite good vs described opponents. Never folding now - worst case scenario we are up against nut flush but still have full house/quad outs. If we are up against anything except the nut flush we have opponents completely crushed. So even if they have the nut flush 4/5 times it would be a big mistake not to get it in.
  • edited November 2013
    I think playing live, the pre flop raise was too small, you should be looking at 6 or 7.  Flop seems good, have to be padding the pot at this stage.  I don't love or hate your turn check, personally I am never checking here, in omaha, I only check for deception with the mortal nuts.  The way it plays out, as mentioned above, it's a sigh all in, I'd expect you to be good a lot of the time.
  • edited November 2013
    Opponent hasn't stated it but I'm assuming it would be pot limit, in which case 4 is the maximum we can make it pre-flop.