You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

software crashes minimum 5 times a night

I'm getting very frustrated with this now! It just happened HU in a tourney... It was about 2 mins before I managed to get the software running again and by that time I had lost 1/3 of my stack. I dread to think how much in tournament equity the unreliable software has cost me!

the behaviour is this:
 - a popup saying there is a network error giving you the option to reconnect. while this dialogue box is visible, no new tables will appear, you are not able to voew hand histories... so you are forced to click reconnect

-sometimes (maybe 1/10) the software will "reconnect" and eerything works fine

-another 2-3/10 pressing reconnect crashes the software and i have to force it to close, diconnect from my wls, connect to my wls, then restart the sw!

- the other 6-7/10 times, the software will neevr reconnect and the window repeadedly appears, so I have to close down the software and reopen it.

I feel like I should be given some sort of compensation - I have given sky £1000's in rake just this yr. If you want that to keep happening then I suggest you do something, and compensate me for at least some of the money I have lost because of it - I dont see why I should be the one taking the hit when it is nothing to do with me, my laptop (no other sw atability problems, sw is up to date, laptop is pretty new) or my internet connection (other poker sites NEVER have this probelm unless it is CLEAR the internet has gone down) ...btw, IT is my job, and i'm 100% sure it sw related.

the only thing I can think of that may be causing it, is having the client and website open at the same time...

I have a macbook pro running the latest OS
I use the latest version of the sky poker client

Comments

• edited November 2013
    That's unlucky mate.. Not sure what would have caused it...
    Ive stated that if they take away option of using old table im off.
    Not being petty, gave them a chance for months in freerolls. Not for me
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to software crashes minimum 5 times a night:
    . the only thing I can think of that may be causing it, is having the client and website open at the same time... I have a macbook pro running the latest OS I use the latest version of the sky poker client
    Posted by chicknMelt
    this did cause me problems. the download client would respawn a table that was already open from the webbrowser. the new table would then take control and a message pop up on the old one that would require it to be closed.
  • edited November 2013
    Didn't actually think this had posted- I meant not to, and send it via email instead after the rage had calmed lol.

I ended up winning th tourney anyway (despite a 6:1 chip advantage after reconnecting)

Don't need a reply on here, but would like a response to my email if u havent already sky
  • edited November 2013
    Same happened to me in a DYM, obviously I lose both as I was playing two at a time. Really not happy, gonna take my money elsewhere!!! Help team no help at all. Basically tough that I lost the money!!!
  • edited November 2013
    its because the client is a massive RAM hog
  • edited November 2013
    i actually hate the software apart from you can colour code players. I just cant seem to adjust to it at all and i way more spewy than usual and i have no idea why.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: software crashes minimum 5 times a night:
    i actually hate the software apart from you can colour code players. I just cant seem to adjust to it at all and i way more spewy than usual and i have no idea why.
    Posted by mewillows

+1

its weird.... reviewing hands n thinkin 'Bork!'
  • edited November 2013
    its because the client is a massive RAM hog
    Posted by sikas
    8bg should be fine though...
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: software crashes minimum 5 times a night : 8bg should be fine though...
    Posted by chicknMelt

i have 8gb too.... 8gb allows u too 6-8 table for just under 2 hours in my experience before it reaches a critical point and crashes, ive already spoke to a guy from development and they're working on a fix

• edited November 2013
    It is regularly crashing on me too.

The first sign is that I am unable to see the table cards, then everything freezes and I am unable to do anything.

Even shutting sky down takes several minutes before I am able to reload it, which is enough to get it working again.

VERY frustrating, and in some cases quite expensive.
  • edited November 2013
    It is regularly crashing on me too. The first sign is that I am unable to see the table cards, then everything freezes and I am unable to do anything. Even shutting sky down takes several minutes before I am able to reload it, which is enough to get it working again. VERY frustrating, and in some cases quite expensive.
    Posted by Muad_Dib
    Same here mate, can't see cards first, then crash...Happens when i play more than 2-3 tables. Have 4gb RAM btw. How much RAM do you have? Thanks.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: software crashes minimum 5 times a night : i have 8gb too.... 8gb allows u too 6-8 table for just under 2 hours in my experience before it reaches a critical point and crashes, ive already spoke to a guy from development and they're working on a fix
    Posted by sikas
    @ Sikas. How do you think, do only crashings relate to RAM size or may be slow downs also? Because i have terrible lags sometimes when i play more than 3 tables. Once again I have 4GB RAM and win XP, which only uses 3GB. Thanks.
  • dmwdmw
    edited December 2013
    does anyone play using an ipad? if so which browser do you use? are sky going to launch an ipad app?