You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

100NL, deepish - Rockstar overbet river shove

Reads/Relevant history: villain started off the match as a total animal pre and has calmed down a little but is still 3b 24%. He has, however, actually played somewhat straight forward in 3b pots. I have not been defending his 3b's very often (my fold to 3b was like 69%), and he also has seen me play draws very aggressively on a number of occasions. I had never seen him sandbag a river before, but, tbf, there hasn't been a situation close enough to this to draw assumptions that he is uncapable of it. He has folded to a few of my river overbets before in spots that I thought he could call quite wide in.

Thoughts?

Hero (BTN/SB): $237.40

BB: $229.30

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BTN/SB with 5h 8h
Hero raises to $3, BB raises to $10, Hero calls $7

Flop: ($20.00) Tc 9s 8d (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($20.00) 5d (2 players)
BB bets $14, Hero raises to $46, BB calls $32

River: ($112.00) 9d (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $181.40 all in

Comments

• edited December 2009
    In Response to 100NL, deepish - Rockstar overbet river shove:
    Reads/Relevant history: villain started off the match as a total animal pre and has calmed down a little but is still 3b 24%. He has, however, actually played somewhat straight forward in 3b pots. I have not been defending his 3b's very often (my fold to 3b was like 69%), and he also has seen me play draws very aggressively on a number of occasions. I had never seen him sandbag a river before, but, tbf, there hasn't been a situation close enough to this to draw assumptions that he is uncapable of it. He has folded to a few of my river overbets before in spots that I thought he could call quite wide in. Thoughts? Hero (BTN/SB): $237.40 BB: $229.30 Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BTN/SB with 5h 8h Hero raises to $3 , BB raises to $10 , Hero calls $7 Flop: ($20.00) Tc 9s 8d (2 players) BB checks, Hero checks Turn: ($20.00) 5d (2 players) BB bets $14 , Hero raises to $46 , BB calls $32 River: ($112.00) 9d (2 players) BB checks, Hero bets $181.40 all in
    Posted by LadyFingrs

How have you got his 3-bet stats and your fold to 3-bet stats? I thought you couldn't use things like HEM on here?
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: 100NL, deepish - Rockstar overbet river shove:
    In Response to 100NL, deepish - Rockstar overbet river shove : How have you got his 3-bet stats and your fold to 3-bet stats? I thought you couldn't use things like HEM on here?
    Posted by salazar
    other site... pot size is in dollar's.

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: 100NL, deepish - Rockstar overbet river shove:
    In Response to Re: 100NL, deepish - Rockstar overbet river shove : other site... pot size is in dollar's.
    Posted by royal_hugo
    Good spot, thanks