You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

down to my last 32p

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
yesterday (sat 23rd) after a run of bad luck and making silly calls for a few days, I went from 17 quid to 32p in my account - enough for 1 micro DYM. I'm gonna try and build this back up and enter one of the bigger tournaments I would not normally consider, but since its only costing me 32p i'll give it a go.

the one I would like to get into is a big bounty hunter game - the £4000 £55 quid buy in would be a miracle but I ain't holding my breath, i'll be chuffed with anything north of a tenner buy in.

after 1 day playing 30p / 60p dyms and a couple of 55p six max I am up to 3.32, so fingers crossed :) 

Comments

• edited November 2013
    i love challenges like this.

you're going to try to spin 37p into £55 then buyin direct? if you can afford to reload, i love it!

admire the gamble in you mate. best of luck.
  • edited November 2013
    Well, I hope you do it! The very best of luck.
  • edited November 2013
    good luck with this keep the forum imformed how your gettin on
  • edited November 2013
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: down to my last 32p:
    bbv ;) gl Mac
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    apologies for that one m8, i really went off on one that day, i should have listened :)
  • edited November 2013

Good luck Big Mac!
  • edited November 2013
    gl mac always a gentleman see you at the tables :)
  • edited November 2013
    bbv ;) gl Mac
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Much better avatar! :D
  • edited November 2013
    Hi Mac

Could I suggest a better tourney to enter would be the Thursday night one as that would mean if you get up to 38.50 you could enter the mini aswell
  • edited December 2013
    and so, did I make it??? well, no is the simple answer, i have had to reload today.

I managed to last a week on 32p without having to deposit any further funds which is actually quite good for me.

the final blow was entering a double stack and being put on the same table as four team members, including two from THS and two from TKP including the vice captain, so maybe a bit out of my depth there.

I held my own for 2 hours or more and was the table chip leader for about an hour or so before losing quite a big bit of my stack and then pushing pre flop with 99 and running into two over cards one of which hit.

any regrets? should I have played differently?....not a chance, had great fun for a week, gave myself a target which I will try for again, and i've still only lost 32p.
  • edited December 2013
    Good afternon Mac.
    Unlucky in your quest.
    Try the deepstack @2.20pm every afternoon a lot of fun and onlt £2.20 to enter.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
    and so, did I make it??? well, no is the simple answer, i have had to reload today. I managed to last a week on 32p without having to deposit any further funds which is actually quite good for me. the final blow was entering a double stack and being put on the same table as four team members, including two from THS and two from TKP including the vice captain, so maybe a bit out of my depth there. I held my own for 2 hours or more and was the table chip leader for about an hour or so before losing quite a big bit of my stack and then pushing pre flop with 99 and running into two over cards one of which hit.   any regrets? should I have played differently?....not a chance, had great fun for a week, gave myself a target which I will try for again, and i've still only lost 32p.
    Posted by mac24
  • edited December 2013
    and so, did I make it??? well, no is the simple answer, i have had to reload today. I managed to last a week on 32p without having to deposit any further funds which is actually quite good for me. the final blow was entering a double stack and being put on the same table as four team members, including two from THS and two from TKP including the vice captain, so maybe a bit out of my depth there. I held my own for 2 hours or more and was the table chip leader for about an hour or so before losing quite a big bit of my stack and then pushing pre flop with 99 and running into two over cards one of which hit.   any regrets? should I have played differently?....not a chance, had great fun for a week, gave myself a target which I will try for again, and i've still only lost 32p.
    Posted by mac24
    Don't take being in a team as a sign of a good player, especially in the case of the TKP vicey (Hi Max!) Unless of course it's TPT then you should be worried.

Signed FlyingDagg TPT VC :)
  • edited December 2013

....no need Dale, just no need! 

I do actually remember you on the table now mac24. You played ok. One tip though......never type you are out of your depth in the chat box as some players may use that against you and put added pressure on your decision making in the game.

Glad you said you had fun though.....how it should be!

Good luck on the tables if you play again and if you should build your BR up enough....check out the DTD comp on here on Monday nights (thread at top of forum started by DTW Bandit). It is 3 x deepstack games for only £5.50 total and a lot of fun and banter with the regs on here and newbies alike.

Oh....and ignore FlyingDagg....he 99 years old and talks codswallop! :)
  • edited December 2013
    6th place in a 2.30 buy in bounty hunter has put me up to 13 quid...challenge starts again :) 
  • edited December 2013
    hit 4th place in tonight's 2.30 buy in bh, only got  couple of heads on the way, but account is now just shy of 29 quid.

that's the third time I have cashed in the 2.30 bh in a week or so....another couple and I should be right on track :)
  • edited December 2013
    20£ russian roulette? Then u so close to £55 bh,
    Alternatively win a £2 hu hyper, double up at the .50p/£1 table and u got a buyin and a fiver to spare.

Stu