You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

did i play this right??

edited November 2013 in The Poker Clinic
i was bb,, everyone limped 6 handed, 
i checked bb with 7 3
sb checked the flop i bet 100
guy to my right calls then fold round to sb and he calls
the flop was 7 3 3 rainbow 
sb checks the turn 6 of spades
as do i and other guy
river comes ace of hearts 
sb checks i bet the pot 400 1 to right calls 
sb folds,, should i have bet the turn or played it diffrent 

Comments

• edited November 2013
    You definitely should be betting the turn. You bet the flop and got two callers, so there is no real need to slow down on the turn. You want to build a much bigger pot than you ended up with.
  • edited November 2013
    How much was in the pot on the flop? If you bet 100 into 120 that seems fine but if you bet 100 into 600 then that would be far too small.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: did i play this right??:
    How much was in the pot on the flop? If you bet 100 into 120 that seems fine but if you bet 100 into 600 then that would be far too small.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    pot would have been 100 on the flop as it was 400 by the river. I think as you get two callers on the flop you'll more often than not get at least one on the turn. Flopping such a big hand in a multi way limped pot Id just be going to town on it.
  • edited November 2013
    yeah once you get called on the flop, there is no way you should be checking the turn...the only question in my mind is whether to check the flop and hope others bet, or lead out myself and just hope someone has a 7 or a pocket pair.