You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SPT QUESTION

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
AS FAR AS IM AWARE YOU CANT PAY DIRECT TO AN SPT EVENT CAN I ASK WHY THIS IS PLEASE.
ALSO AN SPT EVENT IS RESRICTED TO SO MANY PLAYERS IS THIS BECAUSE OF THE VENUE SKY USE.
I WAS THINKING OF ENTERING WHEN THE SPT CAME TO SCOTLAND BUT I WOULD RATHER PAY THE FULL MONEY THAN PLAY A SAT BUT NOT SURE YOU CAN DO THIS.

Comments

• edited December 2009
    In Response to SPT QUESTION:
    AS FAR AS IM AWARE YOU CANT PAY DIRECT TO AN SPT EVENT CAN I ASK WHY THIS IS PLEASE. ALSO AN SPT EVENT IS RESRICTED TO SO MANY PLAYERS IS THIS BECAUSE OF THE VENUE SKY USE. I WAS THINKING OF ENTERING WHEN THE SPT CAME TO SCOTLAND BUT I WOULD RATHER PAY THE FULL MONEY THAN PLAY A SAT BUT NOT SURE YOU CAN DO THIS.
    Posted by markisking
    Hi Mark,

SPT's are qualification only for lots of reasons - to give everyone a fair chance, &, of course, commercial reasons, to help defray the costs of the SPT.

If the Seats were not in such huge demand, I daresay they would be available via direct sale, but the demand is massive. The Newcastle leg "satellited out" in about 2 weeks, & was sold out 5 weeks before the Event is due to take place!

It may - MAY - be possible to buy Seats for the Grand Final in due course, as those Seats are more expensive, & Capacity at DTD is greater than any other UK Cardroom.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to SPT QUESTION:
    AS FAR AS IM AWARE YOU CANT PAY DIRECT TO AN SPT EVENT CAN I ASK WHY THIS IS PLEASE. ALSO AN SPT EVENT IS RESRICTED TO SO MANY PLAYERS IS THIS BECAUSE OF THE VENUE SKY USE. I WAS THINKING OF ENTERING WHEN THE SPT CAME TO SCOTLAND BUT I WOULD RATHER PAY THE FULL MONEY THAN PLAY A SAT BUT NOT SURE YOU CAN DO THIS.
    Posted by markisking
    Hi Mark

I dont know if you are aware, but there is a topic forum for all Sky Poker Tour questions, there are 2 people on there, 1 tikay, and 2 the SPT manager :)
  • edited December 2009
    THANK YOU FOR THAT INFO TIKAY AND ACEBARRY10