You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Walking along, singing a song...

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
Poker in a Winter Wonderland!

Who's going to have a go at this over December? Should be quite interesting to see how many qualify for the Ultimate Giveaway tournament... I reckon we're looking at 200ish. 

What do you think of the format, too? The field sizes will obviously get smaller as we move up through the three tiers so could be a tidy payout for the winners!

Comments

• edited November 2013
    this sounds like a good one!

I wont be able to play much over the next two weeks, final accountancy exam a week on thursday :(, but after that should have no problem picking up the 50 points a day!

Should get to the super or the ultimate giveaway I hope!
  • edited November 2013
    interesting - nice work again sky!

ultimate for me.
  • edited November 2013
    Sounds good to me, I'll go for the main ultimate thingamy bob. Is there going to be a way we can keep track of how many days we have made the 50 points? Still just under a week for Sky to implement something if there isn't already...
  • edited November 2013
    So if you make the entry for the ultimate does that mean you can also enter the super and cash giveaways ??
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Walking along, singing a song...:
    So if you make the entry for the ultimate does that mean you can also enter the super and cash giveaways ??
    Posted by kevcoke69
    No, you get the one you reach.

Because the prize is bigger and is likely going to get less qualifiers the prize should be better per person. So for example, using entirely made-up numbers (could be more it could be less):

1) Cash level gets 500 people turning up to play = £5k divided by 500 = £10 of value each
    2) Super gets 250 people turning up to play = £7.5k divided by 250 = £30 of value each
    3) Ultimate gets 100 people turning up to play = £10k divided by 100 = £100 of value each

Hope that helps.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited November 2013
    Great idea, I'll be in for Ultimate.
  • edited November 2013
    Walking along, singing a song, sh***ing on the city as we goooooo.....
    Birmingham are you listening, to the song were singing, we're walking along, singing a song, sh***ing on the city as we go!!!!!
    Tonight WBA 1 v 2 Aston villa
    Up the villa!!!
    Villa till I die!!!!
    Villa to win @13/5 @skybet is great value!
    Also villa win 2-1 @11/1, lump on!!!
  • edited November 2013
    Does it say anywhere the date and time of the giveaways?
  • edited November 2013
    Nice idea. Not for me as I rarely reach 50 points in a week let alone a day, but for those who put the most money through the site, and deserve a crack at something like this.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Walking along, singing a song... : No, you get the one you reach. Because the prize is bigger and is likely going to get less qualifiers the prize should be better per person. So for example, using entirely made-up numbers (could be more it could be less): 1) Cash level gets 500 people turning up to play = £5k divided by 500 = £10 of value each 2) Super gets 250 people turning up to play = £7.5k divided by 250 = £30 of value each 3) Ultimate gets 100 people turning up to play = £10k divided by 100 = £100 of value each Hope that helps. Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker

Smaller but tougher fields though?
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Walking along, singing a song... : Smaller but tougher fields though?
    Posted by bromley04
    That was my thought... may be some benefits for the not-quite-the-best regs to end up in the mid or low tiers where they'd get a much better edge... maybe.

Me, I'm just a fish, so will be trying to sneak enough 50 point daily hauls to try and luckbox something from the top tier!
  • edited December 2013
    Just out of interest... How will these freerolls be set up pay out wise? Will they be like a standard MTT where the top 10%ish cash or will they be set up more like a standard Sky freeroll where 30/35% of players get a cash? Personally I hope it's the later!
  • edited December 2013
    Id rather the less paid the better , its better to be top heavy and actually have something to play for rather than a small return on something that was a one off eg.

No point payin out say from 20th to 30th £10 then paying 80th £2.50 as alot of speciall mtt on sky do its just so pointless and takes away bigger payouts for finishing higher.

Just paying say 10 players is so much better and its worth it getting to the money.
  • edited December 2013
    These are going to have pretty big prize pools though! Maybe it's just our attitudes. I'd rather have a bigger chance of winning a smaller amount than a smaller chance of winning a bigger amount!