You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What would you do on the flop, call raise or fold!

edited November 2013 in The Poker Clinic
The player is a really good MTT player, just wondering what everyone would do on this flop...

It looks like opponent is trying to protect his hand against the flush, I doubt he has a heart here unless it's K h Qx.

cajones Small blind  40.00 40.00 3040.00
21312 Big blind  80.00 120.00 4382.50
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • J

jjjach Fold     
Raise  240.00 360.00 22620.00
omm Fold     
LARSON7 Call  240.00 600.00 6247.50
cajones Call  200.00 800.00 2840.00
21312 Fold     
Flop

• Q

cajones Check     
Bet  800.00 1600.00 21820.00
LARSON7 ? 

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Call, and if he bets the (presumably) blank turn, I would just fold.
  • edited November 2013
    Im not raising to a pot sized bet...

I call.  Your in pos and can possibly shift him off a hand even if you miss the turn and he checks to you.  Yep.  Call and look at a turn and reassess.  If he fires again then its probably a fold depending on size of bet obv...
  • edited November 2013
    Thanks Brian and John.

I decided to just open jam for many reasons. I'm not meant to open jam here with Ace of hearts, it's really difficult for opponent to call with 1 pair hands, the only part of my range that he is in reasonable shape against is the exact hand I have, unless he has aces, my ace is dead. AQ he's a mile ahead as well, I didn't think he would call. AQ, Aces and Kings, against my shove kinda shrivel up. I know most people will criticise it, but that's what I done!

My bad
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: What would you do on the flop, call raise or fold!:
    Thanks Brian and John.
    No worries, mate. Glad you took our advice on board...
    I decided to just open jam for many reasons.
    ...oh, right.

Lol.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: What would you do on the flop, call raise or fold!:
    Thanks Brian and John. I decided to just open jam for many reasons. I'm not meant to open jam here with Ace of hearts, it's really difficult for opponent to call with 1 pair hands, the only part of my range that he is in reasonable shape against is the exact hand I have, unless he has aces, my ace is dead. AQ he's a mile ahead as well, I didn't think he would call. AQ, Aces and Kings, against my shove kinda shrivel up. I know most people will criticise it, but that's what I done! My bad
    Posted by LARSON7
    I don't agree with this. I think you've gonna get snapped off by TP here all day long cos your flop jam looks exactly like what it is, a draw that you don't wanna call 1 and fold the turn with. And I doubt he's ever leading full pot with anything less than TP or anything that he will ever fold to a jam.
  • edited November 2013

In the chatbox he said he folded AQ.

Which would make sense. If he hadn't potted it, i'd just have called, or raised, and probably set it up 2 jam the river.

The problem is if I hit my heart, i'm not getting any value what-so-ever. It's so unlikely he has King of hearts here, unless it is KhKx.

The jam could be  2 pair, a set, small flush, so it can be a lot more than the nut flush draw.

I'm sitting with 2 aggro players to my left also, so I want a stack, so I didn't mind gambling here also (if I was called)

• edited November 2013
    If he folded AQ then he's played the hand reaaaaaallllyyy badly. Never know if u can trust what they say tho ;)
  • edited November 2013
    Why do you think it's bad folding Ace Queen mate? Or Aces or Kings.

He might not have had AQ, but he probably did.
  • edited November 2013
    id fold   here big overbet calling to hit a heart or float nhope he checks the flop not good imo  i dnt think shoving is good here as when the opponent overbets pot cnt really see him folding tbh so ya drawing to a heart or maybe ace
  • edited November 2013
    Well I said he played it badly if he had AQ cos he should NEVER be betting full pot to fold to a shove with TPTK with these stack sizes imo. If he wants to fold TPTK to a raise, then don't full pot it in the first place cos it's just setting fire to chips.

I'd have thought the only reason he'd full pot AQ here is to get this exact scenario, to put you in a spot where you feel you can't call so you end up jamming or folding whichever option you take is good for him imo).

Maybe it's just me and you would jam the hands you mentioned above but personally if I'm facing a jam here, I don't expect you to have any flopped flush (even a small one), fairly rare you're gonna call Q6/Q7 pre... you might have 67 (moreso if it was suited). You'd 3bet QQ pre. So basically with AQ I'm scared of you having 66/77 and that's about it... whereas I'd expect to see pr + FD or just big FD much more often.

Even more so, if he has AQ then he knows even if you have NFD your ace is dead as an out so you're a pretty big underdog
  • edited November 2013
    Jamming on this flop looks exactly like the hand you have. 

I snap with AQ here. Esp with the SS involved.