You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Chat At New Tables

edited November 2013 in Poker Chat
I've finally made the full transition to playing my cash sessions on the new software and there's one difference that I'd never even thought about but it a really nice addition. 

I love a bit of a chat at the tables, sometimes a little conversation will arise after an interesting hand but if you're playing 10 tables, it's a bit of a pain to come out of mini view every so often or after interesting hands just in case someone says something.

Now with the new tables, I think it's great that we have a chat box in mini view, it just makes it feel so much more friendly and less like you're just sitting in a dark room clicking buttons.

Comments

• edited November 2013
    and easier for you to tell me how good I run :)
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Chat At New Tables:
    and easier for you to tell me how good I run :)
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Definitely. Really takes time out of my game having to come off mini to do that!

I do wish I could run like you for a week though :)
  • edited November 2013
    Silly question, but how do you PM someone ?
  • edited November 2013
    Silly question, but how do you PM someone ?
    Posted by KLW1888

If you click on the name below any pic in a post e.g. "Glenelg"  The persons profile will appear.   There are blue buttons "leave me a personal message" If you click on that a message  page appears.  Welcome to the site btw!

• edited November 2013

Easier still; click on 'Contact Glenelg' beneath his post.

• edited November 2013

There has been a few comments about the chat box, there is info in the FAQ section but i've elaborated in a bit more detail below with how this works and what has changed, hopefully this is useful to some of you, there's a surprising amount to cover for such a basic feature!

The Chat Box

The chat box will automatically scroll as new information is received, if you scroll up at any time to view old info then it will automatically apply a scroll lock. To unlock and resume scrolling you should simply scroll back to the bottom. You can manually scroll up and down with the mouse wheel or by clicking and dragging the slider bar on the right hand side.

We currently display the last 250 pieces of information, this roughly equates to the last 10-15 mins of data.

Filters

There filters in the chat box have changed, the default will still be 'Summary and Chat' with all player and observer chat.

Open the filters by clicking the name of the current filter or the options icon in the bottom right corner of the chat box. The 2 Chat filters and the 3 dealer filters can be combined in any way you wish by ticking/unticking them.

Unticking 'observer chat' hides all chat from the rail, if you turn this back on then it will display previous messages from the rail. I.e. the filters simply decide what you see, they don't delete or block any messages.

Rail chat is a slightly lighter green that player chat to help you distinguish the two.

There is also a manual 'scroll lock' here which works in the same way as scrolling up in the chat box.

Time Stamp

We have added a time stamp on the right hand side, this only updates in minute intervals, i.e. if there are multiple messages sent in the same minute, then the time stamp only appears against the first message. The next message to be sent in the following minute will have the new time stamp

Post Pics Of Cards

You can post card images in the chat box using the formula (As) (Jd) (Th) (5c) etc

N.B the 1st character MUST be Capitals (For T = 10 -> A = Ace, 2-9 are the numbers) and the suit MUST be lower case for this to work.

Muting an Opponent's chat

You can mute the chat from a specific player at the table by left clicking on their alias and opening the notes box. The mute button is on the right hand side next to the colour notes box (it looks like a speaker phone)

N.B. This is table and session specific, it wont be remembered for future games.

Hope this is of help to some of you

Kind regards

Adam

• edited November 2013
    . Muting an Opponent's chat You can mute the chat from a specific player at the table by left clicking on their alias and opening the notes box. The mute button is on the right hand side next to the colour notes box (it looks like a speaker phone) N.B. This is table and session specific, it wont be remembered for future games. Hope this is of help to some of you Kind regards Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam
    Thumbs up for this. Is there any Sky feedback on using the ENTER button when chatting on another table accidently raising bet amounts on your own table?
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Chat At New Tables : Thumbs up for this. Is there any Sky feedback on using the ENTER button when chatting on another table accidently raising bet amounts on your own table?
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    I Done this in DTD last nite!!!!!

Could not figure it!!!!

Somehow I Minraised a raise, with air 7-3off!!

....flopped mid pair, 7's, lol,

Got Brave to see it thru, so Continue bet flop after a check,

got shuvved on!!

had to fold as i was laddering fa a top ten spot!!

ME BAD PMSL!!!!!
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Chat At New Tables : Thumbs up for this. Is there any Sky feedback on using the ENTER button when chatting on another table accidently raising bet amounts on your own table?
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    I know the team have looked into this already, I don't believe we have managed to recreate this yet, i'll get a proper update for you tomorrow.

Here's  some comments from me below, it's quite complex to explain so apologies if this isn't clear but i will try!

It sounds like it is linked to the 'auto-focus' preference. When enabled, this stacks up actions across mutliple tables and brings them into focus in order of action required when multitabling.

Auto-focus can work slightly differently in some browsers (due to browser limitations out of our control, such as in google chrome) so to help us work out why this is happening here's a few questions:

Can you confirm you have 'auto focus my tables' active? this is a preference in options -> gameplay
    Can you confirm if you are using download or web browser (if so which one?)
    Can you confirm if you are using windows or mac?

The way auto focus is configured, is it will not switch focus to another table if you have the cursor currently active in the chat box, in the notes box, or in the manual bet box on a different table. It should hold back the focus request until you have hit enter on the chat box/notes box etc before switching to the other table. This is the behaviour we see in testing, therefore we need to try to recreate the exact scenario you are seeing. one idea is if you are potentially double clicking enter by accident, this could cause you to post the chat message, focus switches to the new table, then enter places the bet.

Auto focus is probably only of use if you have overlapping windows when multitabling, or if you like to minimise table windows in the task bar as this will force them to pop up for you. Given we now have resizable tables then perhpas this is less useful to some of you.

So if these scenarios arent affecting you, then you could try disabling autofocus (ensure you click save as default so it applies to all tables) and see if this is better for you whilst we continue to investigate.

Please let me know how you get on and i'll get you a further update tomorrow

Best Wishes

Adam

• edited November 2013
    As a suggestion another site i use does it like so

Your typing stuff in the chatbox, and your other table comes to the front, you press enter, only the last half of the message (the stuff youve been typing and not paying attention too) now appears in chat in the new table. 

Now i know thats a pain, looking wierd on one table, and having to re-type it, but it sure beats min opening 73o. 

Basically if your on chatbox enter applies for chatbox on all tables, if your on the number type thingy for manual bet sizing its automatically on that for all tables

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Chat At New Tables : Definitely. Really takes time out of my game having to come off mini to do that! I do wish I could run like you for a week though :)
    Posted by Lambert180

So you honestly believe some players run better than others?

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Chat At New Tables : I know the team have looked into this already, I don't believe we have managed to recreate this yet, i'll get a proper update for you tomorrow. Here's  some comments from me below, it's quite complex to explain so apologies if this isn't clear but i will try! It sounds like it is linked to the 'auto-focus' preference. When enabled, this stacks up actions across mutliple tables and brings them into focus in order of action required when multitabling. Auto-focus can work slightly differently in some browsers (due to browser limitations out of our control, such as in google chrome) so to help us work out why this is happening here's a few questions: Can you confirm you have 'auto focus my tables' active? this is a preference in options - /> gameplay Can you confirm if you are using download or web browser (if so which one?) Can you confirm if you are using windows or mac? The way auto focus is configured, is it will not switch focus to another table if you have the cursor currently active in the chat box, in the notes box, or in the manual bet box on a different table. It should hold back the focus request until you have hit enter on the chat box/notes box etc before switching to the other table. This is the behaviour we see in testing, therefore we need to try to recreate the exact scenario you are seeing. one idea is if you are potentially double clicking enter by accident, this could cause you to post the chat message, focus switches to the new table, then enter places the bet. Auto focus is probably only of use if you have overlapping windows when multitabling, or if you like to minimise table windows in the task bar as this will force them to pop up for you. Given we now have resizable tables then perhpas this is less useful to some of you. So if these scenarios arent affecting you, then you could try disabling autofocus (ensure you click save as default so it applies to all tables) and see if this is better for you whilst we continue to investigate. Please let me know how you get on and i'll get you a further update tomorrow Best Wishes Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam
    Its happened again tonight . Pressed enter on chat on another table it raised my bet to 573 at 15/30 level. I have auto focus set to off and I'm playing on the download on Windows.