You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Brag - deposit?... me?... NOT TODAY!!!

Hey pokerpeeps, here is my brag of determination...

Over the past few months my balance has dwindled away from £70+ to under £5 playing buy ins I shouldn't. Chasing dreams of big money... I swore if I could get my balance back up, better bankroll management would be the name of the game.
So yesterday I thought I'd play some low level DYM's to try and spin my money up... I managed to lose pretty much all my DYM's chasing a decent playable bankroll. I ended up with 30p in my balance... (sigh)

Determined not to deposit but with no chance of playing poker with my buttons worth of balance, I decided to play some blackjack to try and get the minimum DYM buy in of 60p and play my heart out to be 1 of 3 winners......

Blackjack is a cruel game! I didn't win once... Balance £0.00, Moral about the same... (further sigh)

Depositing now would be a proper kick in the teeth. Especially after having more than *£70. 
(*laughable to some people, huge to me)

Hold on... whats this?

Tonights 7.00pm & 7.15pm 20 point freeroll. Thought those were only on Sunday... Lets have a stab! Poker points is the one thing I have in abundance.

BOOM!!!

Finished the hour in 3rd place with *£5.33 winnings.
(*nothing to some, a lifeline to me)

My mission now... Spin it up to £70 using far better bankroll management... For a second I thought I was gonna have to admit defeat and hit the dreaded deposit button... But not today pokerpeeps! NOT TODAY!!!

Comments

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Brag - deposit?... me?... NOT TODAY!!!:
    Hey pokerpeeps, here is my brag of determination... Over the past few months my balance has dwindled away from £70+ to under £5 playing buy ins I shouldn't. Chasing dreams of big money... I swore if I could get my balance back up, better bankroll management would be the name of the game. So yesterday I thought I'd play some low level DYM's to try and spin my money up... I managed to lose pretty much all my DYM's chasing a decent playable bankroll. I ended up with 30p in my balance... (sigh) Determined not to deposit but with no chance of playing poker with my buttons worth of balance, I decided to play some blackjack to try and get the minimum DYM buy in of 60p and play my heart out to be 1 of 3 winners...... Blackjack is a cruel game! I didn't win once... Balance £0.00, Moral about the same... (further sigh) Depositing now would be a proper kick in the teeth. Especially after having more than *£70.  (*laughable to some people, huge to me) Hold on... whats this? Tonights 7.00pm & 7.15pm 20 point freeroll. Thought those were only on Sunday... Lets have a stab! Poker points is the one thing I have in abundance. BOOM!!!  Finished the hour in 3rd place with *£5.33 winnings. (*nothing to some, a lifeline to me) My mission now... Spin it up to £70 using far better bankroll management... For a second I thought I was gonna have to admit defeat and hit the dreaded deposit button... But not today pokerpeeps! NOT TODAY!!!
    Posted by anonymous
    Great post! Congratulations :D
  • edited November 2013
    nice post, best of luck mr Anon
  • edited November 2013
    Love it!
    Good luck, good luck
    Hope you spin it up
  • edited November 2013
    Damn...

Just woke up from some terrible nightmares (none of which involved the deposit button) and decided to have a look and see if there were any replies to my post... I never ment for this to be posted anonymously. I must of timed out while writing it. 

• edited November 2013
    By the way... I forgot to say thanks for the congratulations and good luck posts. 

Looks like I'm going to need that luck. Two £1.15 & a 60p DYM later, I'm down to £2.43... I think I need to take a lil break from poker tonight, get my head straight and come out swinging tomorrow.

Thanks again pokerpeeps, Good night... And Good Luck :-)