You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I can be your hero baby....

edited November 2013 in The Poker Clinic
XSmall blind 400.00400.0013117.50
Omen69Big blind 800.001200.0012174.25
 Your hole cards

sharonmFold    
hhyftrftdrRaise 1600.002800.0012967.50
NANNYBFold    
PeaJayFold    
XCall 1200.004000.0011917.50
Omen69Fold    
Flop

• J
  • K

XCheck    
hhyftrftdrBet 1850.005850.0011117.50
XCall 1850.007700.0010067.50
Turn

• J

XCheck    
hhyftrftdrCheck    
River

XBet 5775.0013475.004292.50
Or can I?

Sky Sports Bounty Hunter. No real reads on villain, because (tin hat on), I haven't really been paying too much attention. Though in fairness, I haven't been on the table for years. From what I have observed, villain seemed fairly normal, not getting too out of line or anything, but their name is new to me. 

Anyway, I digress. Call, call, then leads for 3/4 pot (clearly just clicking buttons). It's an awkward amount vs my remaining stack. 

A lot has missed, but plenty still beats me....can we call here?

Comments

• edited November 2013
    I can kiss away the pain ohhh yeahh....

oh wait... theres a hand here.

I dunno.  When someone 3/4 pots it when they usually 1/2 pot it I tend to lean towards bluff rather than nuts.  Do they 3/4 it when they value bet or is this an unusual amount?

It would help if you paid attention... that way you might have a better idea!

either a J or tonnes of missed flushes... AQ, Q10 hands.  I'd probably level myself into calling... but thats probably because i try and be a hero too often.
  • edited November 2013
    He has a lot of Jx in his range here (QJ, JT, AJ) - it's true there are a lot of missed draws but it's not a board a good villain should be betting all their missed draws on. (unless they're value betting really thin too) There are a lot of villains though that will just mindlessly bet all their missed draws and against these calling would be fine. But w/o reads here I think I just fold.

Also not a fan of the c-bet here since oard hits their calling range quite well.
  • edited November 2013
    Think this is a fold. With the stack sizes I would assume most draws would probably try and GII on the flop. Would expect to see a J here quite often.
  • edited November 2013
    Im guessing you called to see AQ A10 mate but imo i think calling here would be a losing play long term
  • edited November 2013
    fold
    not complicated
    you have a weak pair and he is happy to bet out for half his stack
    if it is a bluff well played
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: I can be your hero baby....:
    fold not complicated you have a weak pair and he is happy to bet out for half his stack if it is a bluff well played
    Posted by GELDY
    What range would you assign him given the action?
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: I can be your hero baby....:
    He has a lot of Jx in his range here (QJ, JT, AJ) - it's true there are a lot of missed draws but it's not a board a good villain should be betting all their missed draws on. (unless they're value betting really thin too) There are a lot of villains though that will just mindlessly bet all their missed draws and against these calling would be fine. But w/o reads here I think I just fold. Also not a fan of the c-bet here since oard hits their calling range quite well.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Would you check back 1010 here as well? Just look/hope to get to a cheap showdown?
  • edited November 2013
    a k or a j
    suited or connecting
  • edited November 2013
    as in a king or a jack
  • edited November 2013
    i can kiss away the pain