You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Question of the day - 29th Nov

edited November 2013 in Poker Chat

OK, thanks for the feedback on yesterday's question which fired some interesting debate. Most (but not all) people thought that a winning tournament player could be a winning cash player if they switched. So let's see if we can tie this next question into the previous one.

Let's say that player was able to win at MTTs and Cash games with equal skill....

Comments

• edited November 2013

So to make this clearer, lets assume that they are a 'top 10%' player at both.
  • edited November 2013
    tournaments are much softer and if you can crush them you will print long term. 

cash is much less variance based so will be a slower but more stable little earner. 
  • edited November 2013
    Cash if they game select well. No use being a top 10% player if every player on your table is a top 5% player, Whereas good tourney players can reg pretty much any MTT and be +EV.
  • edited November 2013
    Very good question, not really sure to be honest! It depends on what buy in levels you play I suppose. If you are talking like for like - I.E £11 MTT and 10nl, then I would say tournaments, as if you win that MTT you are likely to win 15+ buy ins. You will however lose that "stack" quite regularly before you do get that win. It's a lot harder to 4x your buy in on cash than it is in a tournament though...
  • edited November 2013
    Can i ask a Q within a Q, I only play mtt's and a few dym's, and i am running "without withdrawals" at 280% profit
    how do you think i would do at cash....thanks.