You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What am i representing

edited November 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Quick one for you guys.  Looking at this hand, with hole cards blanked out what what am i representing and what is or should  the villian calling with?

Cheers

Paul

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceelbows7Small blind £0.05£0.05£10.94TashtomBig blind £0.10£0.15£9.06 Your hole cards    -Typhoon-Call £0.10£0.25£9.37kevinfeiukCall £0.10£0.35£13.30September7Fold    VillianRaise £0.50£0.85£8.24elbows7Fold    TashtomFold    -Typhoon-Call £0.40£1.25£8.97kevinfeiukFold    Flop  226   -Typhoon-Check    VillianBet £0.80£2.05£7.44-Typhoon-Call £0.80£2.85£8.17Turn  A   -Typhoon-Check    VillianCheck    River  9   -Typhoon-Bet £2.90£5.75£5.27VillianCall £2.90£8.65£4.54-Typhoon-Show    

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Depends on your limping range but I assume you aint doing it with monsters so after your river bet you probably have something like

22/66/99/A2/A6, maybe A9.

It's possible you can have some missed GSs 34/35/45 and some missed FDs but then most people don't full pot rivers as a bluff.
  • edited November 2013
    66, 99, some Ax, and a lot of bluffs.
  • edited November 2013

Put it this way, if he called you with K high it wouldn't be all that bad.  

• edited November 2013
    A2,66, busted flush draws 33-55

I'm calling you with any pair here.
  • edited November 2013
    Cheers guy for the replies.

Not taking the button raise as to strong, i'm thinking he poss on a steal, even so happy to see flop with 44. Standard cbet for him and a check on the turn i'm now thinking mid to low pair, any A and he's defo betting the turn.

Pot bet to hopefully make him think the A is live or he's been floated with  A2, 66. He calls and shows 88, which  is an easy call. 

So, talking the call, call, check, bet line, and i'm no doubt behind, how much should i be betting to get him to fold? Was thinking of jamming, but this line often looks like a bluff. So opted for pot size bet, which should look more like a value bet than a bluff.

Once again, any feed back would be great.

Cheers

Paul

• edited November 2013
    The problem with this hand is not the river... I'm not sure any reasonable sized bet is going to get the villain to fold here. Your not getting credit for an A here because you limped. Your not getting credit for a 2 because u called a 5x raise OOP.

If you raised preflop this hand plays so much better. You can represent soooo many more hands. The villain is much more likely to fold to aggression on the turn/river as the A is a scare card for him.

In short NEVER limp pre-flop :) 
  • edited November 2013
    The pot-sized bet looks like either you have a strong hand or air.  That's why I said I'm calling you with any pair here because you limp/called OOP preflop then c/c flop, and checked turn.  You have enough bluffs in your range here for villian to make the call with ANY pair.

I would personally check/call this river as we have showdown value and gives villian opportunity to bluff his busted draws and unpaired hands.