You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

my poker could be at it's end

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
I am being pushed into having to do a course on days I don't do my volunteering work and on sundays I am being told to start going out so the only day I have free is Saturday which is normally the day I spend away from poker watching sport.

basically I just know that I am going to not have the time to play poker for a living thanks for all the comments in the diary I did.

Comments

• edited November 2013
    i will probably be still playing but more as a bit of fun
  • edited November 2013
    this a wind up??? people work 12 hours shifts threw the week and can still manage to play poker at night for a few hours, its only a course bud take it in ur stride.

p.s when did you start playing poker for a living? lol
  • edited November 2013
  • edited November 2013
    This is defo a wind up, i have been doin 12 hours 5 days a week for years and still plaed most nights

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: my poker could be at it's end:
    this a wind up??? people work 12 hours shifts threw the week and can still manage to play poker at night for a few hours, its only a course bud take it in ur stride. p.s when did you start playing poker for a living? lol
    Posted by THEROCK573
    basically it's my carers they are complaining that i spend far to long on a computer so want me limited to just 2 hours a day max and get out more often.

normally i have 6-8 hours a day on the computer 2 hours looking at hand history 2 hour studying things to improve my game and the rest spent playing cash or MTT.

with just 2 hours a day i can't see myself getting away from ABC poker as this year was my first year really.

i probably will be chatting with benc who understands me best.
  • edited November 2013
    Good luck to you Craig however it pans out.
  • edited November 2013
    Hey Craig!

Just wrote a big post but it deleted it lol

Good luck with the course, could be fun! What is it on/?

Ben is a good guy, and you can talk through any stuff with him. Did you have a chat with him about the poker?

Your carers will be trying to look after your best interests, are they concerned with the amount of poker you are playing?

But at the end of the day Craig you can still make the choice to play if you wish to do so, your voluntary work/course wont be on all day! Always times in the evening if you wish to play.

You are a fantastic contributor to the forum, and have a great diary, that people enjoy reading.

All the best, and even if not playing stay in contact with the "community"

And keep an eye out for top of the posts, you have been picked by a couple of different people.
  • edited November 2013
    Hey Craig! Just wrote a big post but it deleted it lol Good luck with the course, could be fun! What is it on/? Ben is a good guy, and you can talk through any stuff with him. Did you have a chat with him about the poker? Your carers will be trying to look after your best interests, are they concerned with the amount of poker you are playing? But at the end of the day Craig you can still make the choice to play if you wish to do so, your voluntary work/course wont be on all day! Always times in the evening if you wish to play. You are a fantastic contributor to the forum, and have a great diary, that people enjoy reading. Don't worry about macca and the rock, they're posts are just insensitive. All the best, and even if not playing stay in contact with the "community" And keep an eye out for top of the posts, you have been picked by a couple of different people.
    Posted by LARSON7
    i wasnt being insencitive, i dont no craigs personal circumstances but going on a course threw the day dosnt stop you playing poker at night, thats all im saying.
  • edited November 2013

I've just re-read your post mate, no offence to you.

It's not a wind up by craig.

But you are right, plenty of time in the evening to play, if craig can play that is.

• edited November 2013
    you're a sound lad craig wish you all the best.

do what makes you happy in life, if you ever want someone to talk poker or nonsense with shoot us a PM.

cheers,
    TEDDY

• edited November 2013
    Obviously I have mis-read this post as it seems doing a course will stop you playing poker. We'll,,,,,,,,,

I work 60 hours a week for the Department for work an pensions (benefit fraud prevention) an my fella runs a taxi company but we still enjoy poker. 
  • edited November 2013
    Good luck Craig
    Take care
  • edited November 2013
    Time management
  • edited November 2013
    DWP???? One of the biggest gangs in the UK!

Good luck to you Craig on your course, and perhaps getting you outside a bit more and more involved with others could possibly be a good thing for you.  I'm sure you'll find the odd hour here and there to play!

As for those of you comparing your hundreds of hours that you work per week, well, we are all different and definitely have different energy, concentration levels.  If I can bench press 200kg (not tried) does that mean you also should be able too?
  • edited November 2013
    DWP???? One of the biggest gangs in the UK! Good luck to you Craig on your course, and perhaps getting you outside a bit more and more involved with others could possibly be a good thing for you.  I'm sure you'll find the odd hour here and there to play! As for those of you comparing your hundreds of hours that you work per week, well, we are all different and definitely have different energy, concentration levels.  If I can bench press 200kg (not tried) does that mean you also should be able too?
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    off point he double, its not about who can work more hours, its just about making the point that whatever amount of time you spend working/doing courses etc that it shouldnt stop you from playing poker. in one of my old jobs when it was busy in the summer i would be out of the house at 7.00 am every morinng and not get home some nights untill 9.00 pm, i still managed to play poker though so i dont see why going on a course should stop craig from playing, that is all im saying, im not comparing hours and energy levels as you put it.
  • edited November 2013
    Poker will always be there.

Hope things go well for you and I'm sure you'll still be able to fit some decent time into the game.

GL either way.
  • edited November 2013
    i really don,t know what too say too this post lol...if you are on benifits i hope you are declaring the money you make from poker too the dss after all it is me and all the other mugs who work that are paying for you too play. and me personally i think it is a total joke that you have the time too spend 6-8 hours a day on poker(good use of my taxes!)and then complain when the carers i pay for tell you that you should do more!!!this just proves what is wrong with our country.....utterly disgraceful.............
    Posted by helan1981
    Sums your post up nicely
  • edited November 2013
    i really don,t know what too say too this post lol...if you are on benifits i hope you are declaring the money you make from poker too the dss after all it is me and all the other mugs who work that are paying for you too play. and me personally i think it is a total joke that you have the time too spend 6-8 hours a day on poker(good use of my taxes!)and then complain when the carers i pay for tell you that you should do more!!!this just proves what is wrong with our country.....utterly disgraceful.............
    Posted by helan1981
    Only one mug here.
  • edited November 2013

thanks for the feed back guys and TBH from reading these it does make me realise that I will still have Tuesday afternoon, Friday evening and Saturdays when Newcastle are not playing.

The reason for this post was I knew people like yourselves would provide the info needed for me to still manage to keep playing poker even with the likelihood of me having a course, which is going to be talked about at my review next week.

the aspergers are what gets me taking these big changes get taken too serious by me therefore, thinking I won't have the time for poker.

thanks for the points guys

• edited November 2013
    Posted by helan1981
    Excuse me but should someone who has an illness or anyone else for that matter claiming benefits be dictated too and told how and on what they should spend their money on?  Do you even know if Craig is a losing player and just exactly how much money he has committed to poker?

Firstly, you are not paying for craig to play poker, do you give money to him personally?  You pay taxes because YOU HAVE TOO, not because you choose too.  You Helen, is what is disgraceful and make me sick.  The only thing you have stated which is correct is that you are a mug.
  • edited November 2013

Course wont last forever Craig, play when you can and come back fully refreshed and ready to grind hard once the course is over.

Good luck!
  • edited November 2013
    Posted by helan1981
    bit harsh, people usually have carers for a reason.
  • edited November 2013
    Just see how it goes craig, play anytime you get the chance and it takes your fancy!
  • edited November 2013

Don't know you personally Craig, but enjoy your contribution on the forum.
     I help with a gentleman at work who has aspergers and think that those who don't really understand the effects that it can have on a person's ability to cope with change and uncertainty would be better off keeping their ill informed thoughts to themselves.
      I wish you good fortune in the future with both your poker and life in general.
  • edited December 2013
     Don't know you personally Craig, but enjoy your contribution on the forum.  I help with a gentleman at work who has aspergers and think that those who don't really understand the effects that it can have on a person's ability to cope with change and uncertainty would be better off keeping their ill informed thoughts to themselves.   I wish you good fortune in the future with both your poker and life in general.
    Posted by 68Trebor
    Here here Trevor, and this sums up the dwp completely. People like Helan who work for the dwp are the pits of the earth.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: my poker could be at it's end : Here here Trevor, and this sums up the dwp completely. People like Helan who work for the dwp are the pits of the earth.
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    my view on people like Helen is, in their mind a person is disabled if it effects them physically someone with a broken finger is probably more disabled than me no offence to anyone.

people like myself would look like an ordinary person to the general public.

all of this is simply because they will never know about my brain and mind.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to my poker could be at it's end:
    I am being pushed into having to do a course on days I don't do my volunteering work and on sundays I am being told to start going out so the only day I have free is Saturday which is normally the day I spend away from poker watching sport. basically I just know that I am going to not have the time to play poker for a living thanks for all the comments in the diary I did.
    Posted by craigcu12
    Hi Craig .i don't know  you or your situation  .  Have played against you!. . .i have worked oat a s a ' carer' with people with Aspergers/ASD .. It is up to you what you wish to do. I sometimes play poker for hours and hours a day when I have the time and the inclination, and money!  . .as I am not labelled as having Aspergers I can do this and nobody finds it odd or tells me what to do . . I chose to . . So should you, you are not there to please your carers, you are their employer, do what you wish mate. Enjoy your poker. Good luck.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: my poker could be at it's end : Here here Trevor, and this sums up the dwp completely. People like Helan who work for the dwp are the pits of the earth.
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    +1 

Didn,t see Helens full post but sounds like another one who,s been brainwashed by the BBC. 

She should also know that you don,t have to declare anything unless its over a certain amount, depending on what benefits your on and this wouldn,t apply to 99% of low stakes players. Its ppl like her that give the DWP such a bad name

Sry to go off topic there Craig but these ppl just wind me up.

Although you won,t be playing as much i hope your continue with your diary. Always a good read and you,ve put a lot of work into it

GL

Paul
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: my poker could be at it's end : +1  Didn,t see Helens full post but sounds like another one who,s been brainwashed by the BBC.  She should also know that you don,t have to declare anything unless its over a certain amount, depending on what benefits your on and this wouldn,t apply to 99% of low stakes players. Its ppl like her that give the DWP such a bad name Sry to go off topic there Craig but these ppl just wind me up. Although you won,t be playing as much i hope your continue with your diary. Always a good read and you,ve put a lot of work into it GL Paul
    Posted by MP33
    My kid brother was the producer of Football Focus before that he produced several current affairs programmes.
    I'm pretty sure he didn't have the intention, or equipment, to brainwash anyone!
    If he did, it could prove very useful at an SPT lol

I agree Helans post was thoughtless, but slating everyone in the DWP and BBC for an ill informed remark is just as upsetting.