You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Multi-tabling

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
Hey

Just wondered how people multi-tabled more than 6 tables?

At the moment I can only fit 6 tables up without much overlap.

I tried having 8 tables, so it sprung up the table if there was action on it, but found it confusing cause it was difficult to keep up with which table was which.

Comments

• edited November 2013
    I can fit 12 on with negligible overlap... It's all about your screen resolution- increase it and you'll fit more on...
  • edited November 2013
    Something to have a mess about with...

• edited November 2013
    I've got a 2nd monitor linked to my laptop, could fit 12 tables on there with minimal overlap on old software on that monitor, now I can fit 12 tables with like no overlap at all on the new tables.

Meh 12tabling is over-rated 
  • edited November 2013
    I meant to say ideally, all i'm looking for is 7 or 8 tables maximum, which I think would be optimal.

I'll sound a bit silly here!

"It's all about your screen resolution- increase it and you'll fit more on... "

How do you increase screen resolution?

Some one said this before, I don't understand it and am pretty bad with comps, but if I change the screen resolution would the tables (in mini view) not be exactly the same size?
  • edited November 2013
    Good afternoon all.
    MULTI TABLE THE DEEPSTACK @2.20PM.
    TIKAY IS ALREADY REGISTERED.
    ALL THE BEST
    RAINMAN397
  • edited November 2013
    What operating system are u using? Windows 7??

The reason increasing resolution makes thing look smaller:
    If your screen resolution is 100 x 100 pixels and you have a poker table that is 100x100 pixels it will take up your whole screen, if you now increase your resolution to 200 x 200 pixels that same table will take up just 1/4 of your screen.
  • edited November 2013
  • edited November 2013
    In terms of multi-tabling, I am something like this:

1-3 tables - leisurely. Play pretty much close to my A game but can get a little bored - feels almost too recreational for me.

4-6 tables - my preferred number. I think this is where I play my best game, make occasional small mistakes (miss thin value bets is my main leak when 6 tabling)

7-10 tables - can definitely do it, tend to get a bit robotic though, probably my B- game tbh.

11+ - a bit too much for me but can be done. I don't do it unless I am trying to engage in some kind of "I am Tom Dwan!!!" brain melt. :)
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Multi-tabling:
    windows 8
    Posted by LARSON7
    Google 'windows 8 change resolution' ;)

Or, as I am such a lovely person I have done that for you and found this link (it was the top one)

• edited November 2013
    when on another site i  play 12, 6 tiled across the screen and then place the other 6 directly on top of them then it just pops up when its time to act on each table, wont let me do it with the new software on here though.
  • edited December 2013
    How long did it take you guys to get used to multi tabling?

I am currently working at my absolute max concentration levels with only 2 tables. If I increase to 3 my brain wants to spontaneously combust.

I assume this is a skill that comes with practice and time?

Advice/experience from you good people appreciate on this one.
  • edited December 2013
    Think Im optimal at 12 but get bored.  16 play ok and less bored.  20 keeps me occupied.

Hope your doing well buddy!
  • edited December 2013
    Think Im optimal at 12 but get bored.  16 play ok and less bored.  20 keeps me occupied. Hope your doing well buddy!
    Posted by Donttelmum
    I've honestly got no idea how you do that!
    I get up to around 9 when I'm playing the Dyms and that's plenty. 
    Plus the Dyms are easier to multitable as they're fairly robotic.
    Doing at cash, whole different ball game.
    Very impressed 
  • edited December 2013
    How long did it take you guys to get used to multi tabling? I am currently working at my absolute max concentration levels with only 2 tables. If I increase to 3 my brain wants to spontaneously combust. I assume this is a skill that comes with practice and time? Advice/experience from you good people appreciate on this one.
    Posted by PokerNoon
    High Noon.

Yes, it is a question of practice, & getting used to it.

I used to stubbornly stick to one table, as I was a bit scared of playing more, & thought I'd play less well. It is also very important to me to be able to have time to ENJOY the game, which I did not think possible if multi-tabling.

With time, though, I found one-tabling caused me to lose concentration, & play hands because I was getting bored. (I'm a nit, very tight, so don't play many hands).

I now play up to 6 tables at a time. I could, physically & mentally, manage more, but its important to me to actually enjoy the experience, so thats plenty for me.

I should add that I'm not a young man, so my dexterity is not what it was, even so, 6 tables is well within my compass.

The "busy" time is when a new table opens, as I'm very fussy about organising my tables, & record-keeping, & I like my tables tiled "just so", in priority order, but once the extra table starts, & I've got it "organised" on screen, it's fine.

Hope you manage to do it, & if you have any questions, fire away. 

Good luck.  
  • edited December 2013
    Awesome, many thanks Tikay.

One thing I found is that I could just about play 'ABC poker', but when it comes to getting reads on opponents styles of play etc, I can only really do that when I play one table at once.

Do you accept that you can't play many tables to the same level as one table in this regard, or is this something you can still manage? I can't see how you can intricately keep an eye on the betting patterns of all players at 6 tables at once.